Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about merging reseed request to 1 thread?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How about merging reseed request to 1 thread? Empty How about merging reseed request to 1 thread?

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jul 2014, 03:53

so many thread made me confuse.. maybe would better if all reseed request are in same thread. so I could see which torrent ned more seeder, instead of opening one by one therad.

Back to top Go down

How about merging reseed request to 1 thread? Empty Re: How about merging reseed request to 1 thread?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:53

adsuperjenius wrote:so many thread made me confuse.. maybe would better if all reseed request are in same thread. so I could see which torrent ned more seeder, instead of opening one by one therad.

//MOVED

Hello,

I moved your topic to the "Suggestion"-box. Smile  That said, I'm sorry to hear about your confusion, but putting all re-seed requests into one single thread will probably confuse you much more, since you actually have to read all the posts.

As it is now, you can simply look at those threads that are open or closed there. "Closed", often means that there are either enough seeders or that it has been re-seeded already. An "open"-topic often means that a download is currently being re-seeded, at the moment.

My opinion is that putting all requests in one thread will make things much more confusing.

//EDIT

You could also look at the numbers of seeders/leechers on Piratebay or KAT; I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are and how "frequently" they are updated; but it seems that they are often up-to-date.

And what I always say too, is that if people don't get enough seeders, they should try downloading at different times of the day, and try on different days too. If you still don't get seeders after let's say a week (?), then feel free to open a new re-seed request thread.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How about merging reseed request to 1 thread? Empty Re: How about merging reseed request to 1 thread?

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:35

i wrote this yesterday

if merge to 1 thread, we could see last page,last reply.who requested, what time is it, and then ,who responded .

if all on spare thread like now ,the date is base on last reply, could be the request is expired already,but somebody answer,so it look like a new one

your explanation about closed and open really does made sense.but I just see red box on left side the topic.is that means open or closed?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Jul 2014, 12:56

adsuperjenius wrote:i wrote this yesterday

if merge to 1 thread, we could see last page,last reply.who requested, what time is it, and then ,who responded .

if all on spare thread like now ,the date is base on last reply, could be the request is expired already,but somebody answer,so it look like a new one

your explanation about closed and open really does made sense.but I just see red box on left side the topic.is that means open or closed?

Sure, even if a topic is closed there, it can become "outdated" at some point - and the torrent will need re-seeding. But why should that be different in a single thread where all requests go ? Smile  Maybe the Admin will consider such a feature, in the future, but as of now, my opinion is that I don't think it's a good idea to have everything in one thread.

And yes, topics with a "red" square mean closed, and grey ones mean they are open.

You can view it this way too: there isn't even that much need of that "re-seed requests" section. Many people that post there only post re-seed requests of Sims games, which have enough seeders. And these topics get closed immediately. But almost all other requests that are posted there have enough seeders too, so...I guess you can rest assured for most of the downloads, that they have enough seeders.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 14:03

ok I understand then. almost al thread there closed already

so curently I just seeding for random files, that have 3 seeders. I cannot seed the file that less than 3. I dont know why, the download never started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Jul 2014, 14:54

adsuperjenius wrote:i wrote this yesterday

Hi there,

In my opinion it's not necessary too, as it'll only make things more messy. (And people still have to open a new topic to request it being added to the list)
Note that a re-seed is temporarily only, so when someone requests one and all the requirements are met, we'll only see the torrent for a while, so it gets more seeders again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top