Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question: guides

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick question: guides Empty Quick question: guides

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2014, 00:16

If a topic is moved to the tips section will i still be able to edit or does it need to be a final version? Some pieces of data are eluding me but other than that I have one that's 99.9% complete. (I'm super picky about layout so prefer to modify it myself if possible.)

While I'm asking things XD ..... Does anyone know how to get the Easy STBL manager to work? It keeps kicking back errors when I try to save

Last edited by Taikira on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 00:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My brain is on vacation.. without me)

Back to top Go down

Quick question: guides Empty Re: Quick question: guides

Post by Admin Wed 16 Jul 2014, 23:37

Hello,

Thank you for your question.
It's like a normal category, so you can still edit your message afterwards, you just can't open any in that section.

I can't help you with your other question though, so you'll have to wait for someone else to reply on that one.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Jul 2014, 19:59

Taikira wrote:If a topic is moved to the tips section will i still be able to edit or does it need to be a final version? Some pieces of data are eluding me but other than that I have one that's 99.9% complete. (I'm super picky about layout so prefer to modify it myself if possible.)

While I'm asking things XD ..... Does anyone know how to get the Easy STBL manager to work? It keeps kicking back errors when I try to save

Hello,

In general, you can always also EDIT your (own) posts, to correct links, typos, change the layout or whatever. If you do decide to post something which is meant/suitable for the "Tips/Fixes" sections, then it would be good if the factual information was *overall* complete, before we move the topic to the right section. Smile 

But if you just want to correct some smaller issues, like typos or the layout, then you can do that at any time.

//EDIT

About the STBL manager, I'm not a modder, but do you have the latest available .NET framework updates ? They should normally come with your regular Windows updates. Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't help more with it, though it seems unstable for many people, at this point.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 22:19

Is there a way to hide optional sections of information? I'd like to set one of my guides up so that if a sub-section interests someone it can be expanded (and uninterested people can continue on until they find the one they need without all the extra text).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Jul 2014, 22:54

Taikira wrote:Is there a way to hide optional sections of information? I'd like to set one of my guides up so that if a sub-section interests someone it can be expanded (and uninterested people can continue on until they find the one they need without all the extra text).

Look here:

Quick question: guides Spoile11

Quick question: guides Spoile12

Use the button "spoiler" in your posting toolbar (first screenshot). You can even "title" the spoiler. After that, you will get the spoiler signs marked by the two red arrows (second screenshot). The FIRST one is used to indicate the start of the text, while the LATTER indicates the end.

This means, you got to put your text between those two signs. In my screenshot, I put the example "hidden information". If I now clicked on "send post", there would be a yellowish field named "spoiler", which can be unfolded/hidden with a simple click, and the text in it can be read then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top