Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! Empty The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!!

Post by Sim Architect Thu 21 Aug 2014, 00:26

Hello!!!

I am so happy to be back at this, which is a place where I really feel like home, where the people are nice for real, where everything is free and everybody is nice and helpful.

I created an YouTube channel about a year ago, and now that I am better after overcoming some health issues, I am working harder and harder on it, being my goal to deliver one video a day, and to improve their quality time over time with the help and comments from all of you.

I will also make my content available to download on my videos (whenever each building is ready, which won't be daily, bummer), and I will take requests as well.

You are all welcome to subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSimArchitect

Also, I will post below some of my favorite and new videos, and I will also post my new videos as replies to this post, so you can open them directly, if you are not subscribed to me yet (or if you don't feel like doing it yet).

Thanks a lot for being all so wonderful!

//EDIT

Hello! I just posted a new video, I hope you enjoy!

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! Empty Re: The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!!

Post by Admin Thu 21 Aug 2014, 18:21

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing, SvenT!
The sound on the third video is horrible though. Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! Empty Re: The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!!

Post by Sim Architect Thu 21 Aug 2014, 23:51

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Thank you for sharing, SvenT!
The sound on the third video is horrible though. Razz
Thanks a lot! Yes, it true, the sound of the third video is really terrible, I will need to make a new audio recording and post a forwarding link on the video, so it redirects. I had some issues recording it and I was too anxious to post the video, because some people wanted a new tutorial that would work with the latest updates of the sims and allow sims to walk between basements and foundations in one step...

I will replace this video with a new one as soon I have it made.

Thanks for watching, and for the feedback!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! Empty Today's Video - Wood and Plants Suite (Bathroom)

Post by Sim Architect Sat 23 Aug 2014, 04:33

Hello! Here's today's video (wood and plants bathroom) for all of you to see and enjoy!

The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! 1265899_492724657497222_9023141858547691155_o
The Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! 10620124_492724654163889_4097931046961037570_oThe Sim Architect - My YouTube Channel - One Video a Day (hopefully) - Come watch me!!! 10562629_492724674163887_7463384202098909885_o

I hope you like it!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 25 Aug 2014, 07:25

Hello!

Here are my last two videos! The first one is today's video, and shows you how I decorated the closet of the castle's main closet, which has a radiant orchid & mauve mist color theme, inspired by Pantone's Fall/2014 Winter 2015 collection...

[color]

The second video, from yesterday, shows a bit of walls building around the suite and the construction and decoration of the first suite's bathroom (the master suite has 2 bathrooms and 2 closets).

[/color]
[color]

I really wish you like and have fun with my videos! Thanks for watching and commenting!!!

[/color]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 25 Aug 2014, 16:29

Hi SvenT,

Welcome!  I like your videos a lot, actually.  

There's something just awesome and calming about watching someone design levels and build buildings in The Sims 3.  I'm afraid that's something I might miss doing in The Sims 4, but we will see.

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 25 Aug 2014, 23:38

Sephymuffins wrote:Hi SvenT,

Welcome!  I like your videos a lot, actually.  

There's something just awesome and calming about watching someone design levels and build buildings in The Sims 3.  I'm afraid that's something I might miss doing in The Sims 4, but we will see.

The Sims Plumbob 1
Thanks a lot, Sephymuffins!!! Today I will release a different type of video, a speed build with narration. It's really much harder to make, since I need to edit the raw footage, make it faster and fastest when necessary, then Adobe Premiere Pro takes about an hour and a half to render it. After I do it, I will record my narration based on what I see, then I mix the audio with the video, render again and post! Sounds crazy, doesn't it? I really wish the new video becomes less boring due the much faster pace, cuts and edits.

Please, when I release it, let me know about how you like the new style.

Have a great week, and happy simming!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Sep 2014, 07:26

SvenT wrote:Hello!!!

I am so happy to be back at this, which is a place where I really feel like home, where the people are nice for real, where everything is free and everybody is nice and helpful.

I created an YouTube channel about a year ago, and now that I am better after overcoming some health issues, I am working harder and harder on it, being my goal to deliver one video a day, and to improve their quality time over time with the help and comments from all of you.

I will also make my content available to download on my videos (whenever each building is ready, which won't be daily, bummer), and I will take requests as well.

Also, I will post below some of my favorite and new videos, and I will also post my new videos as replies to this post, so you can open them directly, if you are not subscribed to me yet (or if you don't feel like doing it yet).

Hey Sven,

Sorry for the little bit late reply, but wow ! Usually, I don't watch many video tutuorials, and do you know why ? Because most people make these tutuorials far too fast. 

Your tutorials are nice in terms of "tempo", and in the case of the video with the stairs between ground level and basement, you even made spoken audio comments of everything. That video was really good ! Smile  

About the first video, I only watched it until minute 15 though. Razz  But that was very nice too ! One technique shown there (and which I use too, in my buildings), is that you sometime use "lines" of walls to help you organize rooms and distances between them. OK, this is very difficult to explain, and I might make videos of that myself. Razz  But the basic idea is this:

Across a foundation, you draw walls on several "distance points" - for example 20 feet away from the middle of the foundation you draw a wall, that can either be horizontal or vertical (or: north - south, or east - west). These walls can help you "orient" yourself more easily when building and organizing rooms. So when you see such a wall, you know that, for example, the wall shows a certain amount of distance - to something else. And once you finished organizing the "layout" of the room(s), then just erase any walls you do not need with the sledgehammer. Because, these walls were only meant as a help to orient yourself, and to keep the right distance to certain other rooms.

OK, that's very difficult to explain, but maybe you get the idea.

Anyhow, not only am I looking forward to your "Blue River" world, but also to more tutuorials like that ! Very Happy  I'm going to watch the rest of your videos, over time. Keep up the good work, and thanks for that ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 22 Sep 2014, 23:46

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:Hello!!!

Hey Sven,

Sorry for the little bit late reply, but wow ! Usually, I don't watch many video tutuorials, and do you know why ? Because most people make these tutuorials far too fast. 

Your tutorials are nice in terms of "tempo", and in the case of the video with the stairs between ground level and basement, you even made spoken audio comments of everything. That video was really good ! Smile  

About the first video, I only watched it until minute 15 though. Razz  But that was very nice too ! One technique shown there (and which I use too, in my buildings), is that you sometime use "lines" of walls to help you organize rooms and distances between them. OK, this is very difficult to explain, and I might make videos of that myself. Razz  But the basic idea is this:

Across a foundation, you draw walls on several "distance points" - for example 20 feet away from the middle of the foundation you draw a wall, that can either be horizontal or vertical (or: north - south, or east - west). These walls can help you "orient" yourself more easily when building and organizing rooms. So when you see such a wall, you know that, for example, the wall shows a certain amount of distance - to something else. And once you finished organizing the "layout" of the room(s), then just erase any walls you do not need with the sledgehammer. Because, these walls were only meant as a help to orient yourself, and to keep the right distance to certain other rooms.

OK, that's very difficult to explain, but maybe you get the idea.

Anyhow, not only am I looking forward to your "Blue River" world, but also to more tutuorials like that ! Very Happy  I'm going to watch the rest of your videos, over time. Keep up the good work, and thanks for that ! Smile  
Thank you VERY much for your comments! It is the first time I get such compliments on my work! I am really really really happy to read that, you made my week!!!

I didn't post for a few days, since I am not feeling so well lately, but I believe that I will be able to get back on track and I really love making tutorials!

I am thinking about trying a LIVE event on YouTube (I think it's Hangouts or something like that), with a Facebook chat for anybody that doesn't want to be on the video for any reason.

I will probably launch the event on Facebook, for this Saturday at 7 PM (Eastern US Time, like New York time), since it seems to be the right time point when people can be on line from the west american coast to the middle of Europe (yes, it will be midnight if you are GMT +1, sorry, but I have some friends from Vietnam that would not be able to watch me otherwise).

Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your compliment and for your deep analysis on my videos, I can't describe the feeling to have my work seen, analyzed and recognized in such a way you did.

Hope to get more messages like that soon, because it means I am doing right, and THIS is the reason I am making the videos, it's not about money (even though I could use some), but about making people happy and satisfied when they see what I produced....

Tea 1 Tea 3 Tea 4 Tea 5 Tea 2
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top