Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice: Are you having problems related to throttling or overheating? Here is a nice tutorial for you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice: Are you having problems related to throttling or overheating? Here is a nice tutorial for you! Empty Advice: Are you having problems related to throttling or overheating? Here is a nice tutorial for you!

Post by Sim Architect Mon 25 Aug 2014, 05:45

Hello! I made a tutorial teaching how to avoid CPU throttling or overheating (this advice is great for laptops, but handy for some desktops too), a long time ago, and I just remembered that it could be useful for some of you.

Basically, I disable the "turbo boost" of your processor, setting the maximum speed of it to 99% in the power management section of Windows. It will make your computer last much longer, work way cooler and with much less noise. The price you pay for it is not having the automatic overclock that the "turbo boost" provides to your computer. I have a pretty new desktop and I just run it WITH the turbo boost enabled, but my old laptop (it was an i7, second generation) had to be set up this way, or it would produce lots of heat and the throttle would make the game or some software freeze once in a while...

If you are facing this issue or if you like the idea to have a longer life for your computer, be welcome to watch the video below and have some fun playing around later with your cooler and quieter PC!

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down