Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by anonymouse on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 19:49

I've been using Kat.ph for most of my downloads vs piratebay because, comments and a cleaner looking website.

But today when i went there. I got a redirect saying the website is potentially dangerous and has been listed as a malicious website.

Can anyone confirm if it's safe to use or not?

anonymouse
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 98
Points : 2392
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 21:07

@anonymouse wrote:I've been using Kat.ph for most of my downloads vs piratebay because, comments and a cleaner looking website.

But today when i went there. I got a redirect saying the website is potentially dangerous and has been listed as a malicious website.

Can anyone confirm if it's safe to use or not?


Hello,


My personal opinion is that things like that, along with all the other "security"-measures and software, are mostly good for nothing, lol. These things may be well-meant, but in the end usually don't help when it comes to real virusses or malware.

To your question at hand, if you ignore that warning, then you will be redirected to "Kickass"-torrents; also, check out this here:

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=kat.ph/


I also read that domains with .ph (Philippines) are supposed to host "significantly more malicious sites", which might or might not be true (I can't really tell). See this:

http://www.interaksyon.com/infotech/ph-domain-hosts-significantly-more-malicious-sites-than-legitimate-ones-report



If you really feel afraid, then "switch" to Piratebay; but my first impression is that there shouldn't be any issues. Maybe someone else has a second opinion though. Smile  

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16477
Points : 22095
Reputation : 2394
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by anonymouse on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 00:21

Carlos wrote:
@anonymouse wrote:I've been using Kat.ph for most of my downloads vs piratebay because, comments and a cleaner looking website.

But today when i went there. I got a redirect saying the website is potentially dangerous and has been listed as a malicious website.

Can anyone confirm if it's safe to use or not?


Hello,


My personal opinion is that things like that, along with all the other "security"-measures and software, are mostly good for nothing, lol. These things may be well-meant, but in the end usually don't help when it comes to real virusses or malware.

To your question at hand, if you ignore that warning, then you will be redirected to "Kickass"-torrents; also, check out this here:

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=kat.ph/


I also read that domains with .ph (Philippines) are supposed to host "significantly more malicious sites", which might or might not be true (I can't really tell). See this:

http://www.interaksyon.com/infotech/ph-domain-hosts-significantly-more-malicious-sites-than-legitimate-ones-report



If you really feel afraid, then "switch" to Piratebay; but my first impression is that there shouldn't be any issues. Maybe someone else has a second opinion though. Smile  

Ok thanks. Not too worried. I have nothing to lose if a virus does catch on. just rebooted pc about a week ago. Just being careful. Smile

anonymouse
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 98
Points : 2392
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by Webmaster on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 04:59

Hi there,

I got the same error just now. Wouldn't show up earlier today, so I think there is a problem with the website.
I'd try again tomorrow. (It was loading extremely slow when I choose to "ignore" the warning message)


_________________
 to Games4theworld

Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18909
Points : 1026809
Reputation : 2272
Join date : 2010-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 13:30

Admin wrote:Hi there,

(...) It was loading extremely slow when I choose to "ignore" the warning message



Right now, it's loading pretty quicky for me though if I ignore the "warning" (which redirects me to "kickass.to"). That's very strange...  scratch

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16477
Points : 22095
Reputation : 2394
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by Webmaster on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 01:23

Hi there,

Everything working smooth again now (for me), and no more error.

_________________
 to Games4theworld

Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18909
Points : 1026809
Reputation : 2272
Join date : 2010-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kat.ph Virus Alert? [SOLVED]

Post by anonymouse on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 18:19

Sorry, I've been busy lately. Nieces and Nephews started school recently.

I no longer get the warning and everything is smooth again so I'll just be cautious but still use it.

Thanks for everything. Smile



Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- Carlos

anonymouse
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 98
Points : 2392
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum