Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 28 Aug 2014, 04:47

First topic message reminder :

I've now closed this topic; recruiting is CLOSED. Thank you all for your interest in joining the Games4theworld team! If you've already posted in this topic, provided a good motivation but have not been chosen, you probably didn't post enough yet. Please contribute for about a week or so and then contact me or Lady ElDi, so we can evaluate your work. Without a proper evaluation, we can not add you to the team! (Contribution means helping around on the Forum a little bit, so we can see how you handle things)

Thank you again!

Hello YOU,

That's right, Games4theworld is recruiting again! Last time we actively started recruiting, was a few years ago.
The release of The Sims 4 is just around the corner, so we're preparing for an extra load on our Forum by that time.

A Forum really needs a team to keep it running correctly.
If you decide to strengthen our team, keep in mind that this brings responsibilities.
Some of our requirements:

- We're looking for people who can be online often. You must be able to visit the Forum on a regular basis (not every day per se) and actually be helpful. (In order to avoid rank abuse) For example, if you are helping a user in a topic and you don't login for a week, that user is left alone, and we want to avoid that;
- We're looking for ambitious people, who are willing to help others. This is an important requirement, because it helps create a good spirit within the team, hence the users will get good vibes;
- You need to be respectful to everyone, even if they aren't nice to you. This is not always easy, and if a user is particularly troublesome, the Moderators or Administrators will step in and help you. But to appear professional and competent, we need to keep calm in all situations;
- We prefer people with in-game The Sims (3) experience. It is always better to help someone when you know what they are talking about. And since the problems we have are very different from one another, if you play regularly you most probably have encountered the same problems and know a possible solution;
- We prefer people who have knowledge about torrenting, downloading, cracking (Not making cracks, but applying them) and that kind of stuff. Knowledge can always be gained by learning from others;
- You must be able to analyse situations and think ahead;
- We're looking for people who actually enjoy helping others. Helping people everyday or so can become monotonous if you do not take it at heart, so we need candidates with a strong will to help;
- You must be willing to learn from others, and learn from mistakes. That way, you can learn solutions to problems you might not know about, and help users better. (And you'll increase your own knowledge)

You can work your way up internally, starting as a Helper.
Via Games4theworld you'll be making a lot of new friends, and you'll find that it's fun to help other people. You may also learn new skills and learn something about hardware/software/games.

In order to be eligible to join, please write a motivation in this topic. We may (or may not) contact you, at any time, to evaluate you further, before adding you to the team. You should explain your vision of the Helper post, and why you think your profile matches the responsibilities, and you may also write us what you expect from a Helper position on the Games4theworld Forum.

You'll be contacted via the Private Messaging system, if we think you've got what it takes.

Do you have what it takes?!

"I want to apply for this, because I like helping." is NOT a motivation! (And we'll not consider these people - Tip: be as extensive as possible and read the above text carefully)

Last edited by Admin on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:19; edited 5 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 13:08

SeoY wrote:Oh, man. This is amazing!

Well, I would like to apply for it. I've always liked this forum, and if I can help to make it better I won't even doubt about it. I can say I check it regularly, especially the Support forums (where there is more activity), and read the posts to maybe learn a thing or two. I have a lot of experience with torrenting and applying cracks, and I have helped some people with troubleshooting when they have problems installing some of the games from this site. After all, I downloaded most of TS3 EPs and SPs from here and had to fix some problems that arose when I installed them.

I have recommended this website when I'm asked where I got some of my games from, so if it needs help I'd like to be part of it! Helping others is always good, and I have a lot of in-game experience with The Sims 3, so I most likely can help someone if they're having problems. If not, then I can learn something new. And if I can contribute with some of the knowledge I have from IT to this site, all the better.

I can say I'm really patient, and I'm definitely not going to lose my mind when trying to help someone, especially if I can learn something from the particular problem that they have. And it's always good when someone with a solution appears and teaches it to everyone!

Anyway, I hope you think I have what it takes! Very Happy

Can I just say wow? 

Now days, you find people using poor grammar and punctuation on the internet. Normally I just skim over what people say, if they have atrocious grammar I tend to not even bother reading, but with your post I read the entire thing. 

It wasn't just the grammar that kept me reading either. You were articulate and concise with telling the admins exactly why you would be good for this position. Sadly I work far too much to be able to apply myself, barely getting a chance to go on the computer, (I'm lucky if I get on my computer 3 to 4 times a week.) 

Honestly, I would be surprised if you don't get this opportunity. 

"ADMIN'S look hear!" I said as I jumped up and down, trying to get the attention of an active admin.

Good Luck Seoy,

I hope you get this position as a helper!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Games4theworld is RECRUITING! [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Sep 2014, 19:33

Radient92 wrote:Can I just say wow? 

Now days, you find people using poor grammar and punctuation on the internet. Normally I just skim over what people say, if they have atrocious grammar I tend to not even bother reading, but with your post I read the entire thing. 

It wasn't just the grammar that kept me reading either. You were articulate and concise with telling the admins exactly why you would be good for this position. Sadly I work far too much to be able to apply myself, barely getting a chance to go on the computer, (I'm lucky if I get on my computer 3 to 4 times a week.) 

Honestly, I would be surprised if you don't get this opportunity. 

"ADMIN'S look hear!" I said as I jumped up and down, trying to get the attention of an active admin.

Good Luck Seoy,

I hope you get this position as a helper!

Sarah

Hello Radient92 and welcome,

Just for clarification (and to offer a different perspective): while we do expect (team) members to have (English) language skills that are somewhat comprehensible, you cannot expect each and every forum member to be on the same level as - let's say - Ph.D. graduates in some kind of language. As is the case in this forum for instance, not all members here have English as their first language; and not even as the second language. 

As for me personally, I'm not going to jump on another member's English skills, if there are "grammar" mistakes. That user - as mentioned - might not have English as his/her first language. He or she might be dyslectic. Or maybe he or she did not even have the educational opportunities that most people in the so-called "Western world" enjoy. In case I really do not understand someone, I will ask him/her kindly to elaborate. 

If grammar mistakes turn you off personally, then OK. As for me though, I will continue going the friendly way I have gone so far on here. However, what me and the other team members cannot accept are utterances like "r u serious" ? (cf. "SMS-style language").

Besides, SeoY got that position already. Wink  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:14

Radient92 wrote:Now days, you find people using poor grammar and punctuation on the internet. Normally I just skim over what people say, if they have atrocious grammar I tend to not even bother reading, but with your post I read the entire thing.
Hello there,

Indeed! It's always nice to see correct use of punctuation and grammar.
It makes reading (long) text a lot easier and more pleasurable. Haters gonna hate

As for everyone else...

I've now closed this topic; recruiting is CLOSED. Thank you all for your interest in joining the Games4theworld team! If you've already posted in this topic, provided a good motivation but have not been chosen, you probably didn't post enough yet. Please contribute for about a week or so and then contact me or Lady ElDi, so we can evaluate your work. Without a proper evaluation, we can not add you to the team! (Contribution means helping around on the Forum a little bit, so we can see how you handle things)

Thank you again!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top