Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode - Page 2 Empty Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 04:51

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

My game has been crashing when i'm in the buy-mode. The screen would just hang there and then an error message would say that the Sims 3 has stop working and the whole game will close without saving. Sad

I have this problem for the 3rd time. I didn't try playing without going to the buy mode though.

I have installed these expansions :
High-end loft
Ambitions
Fast lane stuff
generations
into the future

I dl-ed the 1.67 patch and apply the fix from this link : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Anyone has a solution to my problem? Really want to play it Sad

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode - Page 2 Empty Re: Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Sep 2014, 20:01

Layloria wrote:Hello,

You can't shift the folder as the game will create a new folder in its place, leaving you with two folders, one old and one new.
It goes to your C drive as this is where your Windows is installed and hence where your User Documents folder is, by default Sims 3 has its second Electronic Arts folder in User Documents which is in most cases the C drive where Windows is installed.

So unfortunately you can't move the folder. Do you have any more questions?

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria

It's actually possible to redirect the game folder to somewhere else, and at the same time, the game can still recognise the folder. Carlos has written a topic about it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location.

Good luck and let us know if you do not understand the instructions.

J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode - Page 2 Empty Re: Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:54

Hi,

It's a very very tedious process. >< Btw, i'm going to install the Island Paradise. After i install it, i just need to ignore the #crack in the Island Paradise folder and use the crack in the fix?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:58

oreeoxx wrote:Hi,

It's a very very tedious process. >< Btw, i'm going to install the Island Paradise. After i install it, i just need to ignore the #crack in the Island Paradise folder and use the crack in the fix?

Thanks.

Hi again! 

Yes, you should ignore the #Crack in the Island Paradise installation folder, and use the one in the Ultimate Fix. Be sure to use the latest version of the fix! If necessary, re-download it and follow the instructions.

If you have any more issues don't doubt to ask here! Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:04

Hi,

Previously i have installed an apply all the patch and latest fix and right now after i install the Island Paradise, it seems to be able to run smoothly even when i didn't use the #crack folder in the fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:13

Previously i have installed an apply all the patch and latest fix and right now after i install the Island Paradise, it seems to be able to run smoothly even when i didn't use the #crack folder in the fix.

Well, I recommend re-applying both the latest patch and the Ultimate Fix anyway. Maybe you are not seeing them right now, but problems may surface in the future if they are not correctly applied.

Let us know if you have any more issues! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:50

SeoY wrote:
You mean the Board Walk, right? Wink

Well, they could be seen as a kind of CC, so you should still disable them to see if the issue is in those.
One question: did you install the Store Fixes along with the Roaring Heights Gold and the Board Walk? They are required for them to work properly. You can find them here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Make sure they are properly installed, and please let us know how it goes.

A small note: the CC items from the official "Sims 3 store" are safe to use. Wink 

Thanks.

Tedious ? Do you mean the guide I wrote about re-directing the "Sims 3"-folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts ? If so, yes, it's not that easy indeed, and there are a few steps necessary to do that. But if you cannot (manage to) do that, then the only alternative is to free up space otherwise on your C: drive. Sad
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top