Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which iPhone do you like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you prefer?

Which iPhone do you like? I_vote_lcap100%Which iPhone do you like? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Which iPhone do you like? I_vote_lcap0%Which iPhone do you like? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Which iPhone do you like? Empty Which iPhone do you like?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 09:57

I'm an Apple Fan. I love their new iPhone 6. I'm planning to upgrade my iPhone 5, but I can't decide what iPhone 6 version I'm going to buy. They're both gorg tho. So I can't decide.

Help me pick one. Smile

And also, help others to pick also.

Which iPhone do you like? Screen10

Back to top Go down

Which iPhone do you like? Empty Re: Which iPhone do you like?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 20:02

Honestly, if I could, I'd invest in the watch. That is the future. The phone ... it will always carry the latest technology ( and I've heard somewhere the 6 is worth Nexus 2012 ... not sure to understand but I'm not into photo and video ) but the watch !

That technology worth the investment. If only I could :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 20:08

Well, I don't really like any of the two. Razz

But if I had to choose between them, I would get the iPhone 6. In my opinion, the 6 Plus is TOO big. Not the screen necessarily, but the phone itself. It's even taller than the Note 4, one that is already big in my opinion. But of course, I like carrying my phone in my pocket, so I'm biased. Wink

But for people who like big phones, or even 'phablets', the 6 Plus seems like a possible choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Sep 2014, 20:16

cezra31 wrote:Which IPhone do you like ?

Hey cezra,

Neither do I like Apple, nor their overpriced and overhyped "products". Razz  I'd go for any other smartphone-brand, with similar features/specs, but not for that iPhone.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 21:28

@Carlos, heard of Phoneblock ( https://phonebloks.com/en ) and Fairphone ( http://www.fairphone.com ) ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Sep 2014, 19:37

Hi there,

I haven't seen them yet, so it's hard to tell which one is "better". I think the Plus will be too big, indeed. We'll soon find out.

I personally think that iPhones provide a good/high product quality, but the products are overpriced for what you get.
If you care less about the product quality and want better specs for what you pay, go for Samsung S-series. They have a lot more settings, a good screen and you can actually change whatever you want to change on the system. (Unlike in iOS, where everything is "blocked" and you can only make simple, very basic changes - like changing a background)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:43

Neither. Both are extremely expensive (the "cheapest 16GB iPhone6" will cost over 1000 dolars in my country) and lack of basic features such FM Radio. Plus I prefer Android over iOS.

But if I had to choose one of both I would say "iPhone6" because it's already really big. iPhone6Plus is just the same but bigger (way way too big) and more expensive.

The only I ever liked about iPhone was their little size, now it's over so I don't like anything about them anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 06:37

I like the iphone 6 more than the plus. @>@
The plus is too big for me and very convenient to carry around. I think it's better for elderly people who can't see in small screens and can't lose a phone, like my grandmother. haha
I'm grateful my phone carrier lets me buy the phone for $200 USD for the 64gb iphone 6.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:31

Enric wrote:iPhone6Plus is just the same but bigger (...)
Hi there,

They're not exactly the same. For example, the Plus supports full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, whereas the 6 doesn't.
See the differences here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:43

tea wrote:@Carlos, heard of Phoneblock ( https://phonebloks.com/en ) and Fairphone ( http://www.fairphone.com ) ?

Hi c-junkie,

While I haven't heard from these sites themselves, these types of initiatives/projects are known to me. I might check them out later on. Very Happy  Thanks for the links !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 22:00

Admin wrote:
Enric wrote:iPhone6Plus is just the same but bigger (...)
Hi there,

They're not exactly the same. For example, the Plus supports full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, whereas the 6 doesn't.
See the differences here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

Completely unimportant. And it comes with having a bigger screen.

Other than this I just see a difference in the camera "Optical image stabilization" The rest is all identical.

//EDIT

These are the European prices in the Apple Store

699€ (USD  896.74) iPhone 6 16 GB
799€ (USD 1025.03) iPhone 6 64 Gb / iPhone 6 Plus 16 GB
899€ (USD 1153.32) iPhone 6 128 Gb / iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB
999€ (USD 1281.61) iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB

How about no?

//EDIT

It's a disaster.

I have a 7 inches tablet (Nexus).

I wanted to get a little phone with radio and a decent camera (which is what the tablet cannot do) and I cannot find anything... All new phones are becoming huge, almost as big as my tablet and they remove the radio. To get a little phone with radio I have to search very old models with awful cameras... Which iPhone do you like? 4241093300

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 01:00

Enric wrote:It's a disaster.

I wanted to get a little phone with radio and a decent camera (which is what the tablet cannot do) and I cannot find anything... All new phones are becoming huge, almost as big as my tablet and they remove the radio. To get a little phone with radio I have to search very old models with awful cameras... Why God.
If iphone 6 isn't your thing, then you should get a 5 or a 5s. It's cheaper now and it has decent camera as well.
I'm pretty sure if you want radio you can download an app for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 01:14

intropella wrote:
Enric wrote:It's a disaster.

I wanted to get a little phone with radio and a decent camera (which is what the tablet cannot do) and I cannot find anything... All new phones are becoming huge, almost as big as my tablet and they remove the radio. To get a little phone with radio I have to search very old models with awful cameras... Why God.
If iphone 6 isn't your thing, then you should get a 5 or a 5s. It's cheaper now and it has decent camera as well.
I'm pretty sure if you want radio you can download an app for it.

Cheaper, but still extremely expensive.

Download a radio? xD I was meaning FM radio. I don't want a radio by Internet at all, expensive and pointless.

To simplify a lot iPhones had only two good points (good camera and little size). Now they have one only good point (the camera), so no way.

I won't buy any iPhone or any phone over 300 dollars, just no. I can understand them for very rich people, but for the rest? I just wouldn't dare to go out with something with a so high price. Way too scary. Plus invest more in a phone than a computer doesn't make sense to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 01:33

Ohh you mean FM Radio.
I'm pretty sure old iPhone models are significantly cheaper if you find them on craiglist or something.

Hm, I'm not sure why iphone are so expensive outside of the US. @_@
Because in the US the iphone 5s is current $99 USD, and depending on the phone carrier you can get it for free (contract included).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Sep 2014, 04:23

Enric wrote:
Completely unimportant. And it comes with having a bigger screen.

Other than this I just see a difference in the camera "Optical image stabilization" The rest is all identical.

//EDIT

These are the European prices in the Apple Store

699€ (USD  896.74) iPhone 6 16 GB
799€ (USD 1025.03) iPhone 6 64 Gb / iPhone 6 Plus 16 GB
899€ (USD 1153.32) iPhone 6 128 Gb / iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB
999€ (USD 1281.61) iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB

How about no?

//EDIT

It's a disaster.

I wanted to get a little phone with radio and a decent camera (which is what the tablet cannot do) and I cannot find anything... All new phones are becoming huge, almost as big as my tablet and they remove the radio. To get a little phone with radio I have to search very old models with awful cameras... Which iPhone do you like? 4241093300

Would you please use the "edit"-button to add new information to your original message, instead of posting multiple times in a row, Enric ? I merged your posts into one. Wink 

intropella wrote:Hm, I'm not sure why iphone are so expensive outside of the US. @_@

Hey intropella,

Not necessarily just Iphones, but Apple products in general. Where I am right now (Central Europe), taxes on all sorts of consumer products are extremely high; like the VAT (Value-added tax). As a rule of thumb over here where I am, you can say that around 30% of nearly everything you buy is just tax you have to pay to the state. 

To some extent, intermediaries (local companies/businesses importing all the stuff) also contribute to the high price tag.

And importing stuff myself isn't an option either, since I then have to pay additional import fees/duty... Facepalm

//EDIT

Also, where I am right now, actually buying such an IPhone "straight from the counter" (without contract !), is MUCH cheaper than having to sign a 24-month (or sometimes even 36-month) contract... Razz 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 05:04

Ahh yes Carlos, I totally forgot about how high taxes are in other countries.
Most taxes are ridiculously high and it's unnecessary. /:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Sep 2014, 18:21

intropella wrote:Ahh yes Carlos, I totally forgot about how high taxes are in other countries.
Most taxes are ridiculously high and it's unnecessary. /:

In my case, yes. All these taxes are meant to create a modern version of the so-called welfare & social security state, in which - as politicians say - "everyone has a chance" and in which "everone has health insurance". Rolling Eyes  In reality though, things have now become pretty much comparable to the US (it wasn't always like that, though !). The only difference to the US being the high taxes, lol. 

Back to topic, yes, the older IPhone models are a lot cheaper, but personally I would still go for something different. Theoretically I don't even need most of these "fancy" features that are generally available in modern smartphones, so I'd go for something more pragmatic. Very Happy  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:32

I insist people, you are all beside the point.
What's the point of the iPhone 6 ? When the 7 will come out, you'll wonder the same thing.
The new technology is the watch ! The watch ! You wanna invest into something expensive ? Take the damn watch !

Moreover, a phone is a phone. Take pictures ? Good ! Makes videos ? Good ! You are video/photo amateur and don't feel like investing into cameras and all. Invest in a smartphone. Fine. I'd do the same. But really, a FM radio ? I sure never wanted my walkman to be a phone, why would I want my phone to be a radio ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:41

tea wrote:I insist people, you are all beside the point.
What's the point of the iPhone 6 ? When the 7 will come out, you'll wonder the same thing.
The new technology is the watch ! The watch ! You wanna invest into something expensive ? Take the damn watch !

Moreover, a phone is a phone. Take pictures ? Good ! Makes videos ? Good ! You are video/photo amateur and don't feel like investing into cameras and all. Invest in a smartphone. Fine. I'd do the same. But really, a FM radio ? I sure never wanted my walkman to be a phone, why would I want my phone to be a radio ??

Well, I'd prefer the Moto 360 to the Apple Watch, anyway. Razz
I hate the Apple Watch design.

And some people like being able to listen to the radio in their phone. Why carry 20 things when you can have all of them in a 'tiny' rectangle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 22:54

Well, even today you can't have them all in one.
For that, you need a portable computer ... Those thing still exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 23:00

tea wrote:Well, even today you can't have them all in one.
For that, you need a portable computer ... Those thing still exist.

You are right. But we try to get a close as possible to having them all. And I think the smartphones have one of the best functions/size ratio (depending on the phone, of course).

Anyway, I think we are derailing from the topic now. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 03:50

c-junkie wrote:

insist people, you are all beside the point.

I like Apple Watch too. I think that's the best watch ever. Other companies do their Watch because of rumors, Apple making one. As you can see, almost all the features Samsung Watch is from rumors of Apple Watch. And then they said that Apple copy it from them?! Srsly. Also, almost all the commercials of Samsung are dissing Apple. But Apple doesn't think about it so much. Apple FTW! 

And even they said that it's only 8MP and other phones now are 16MP+. Apple Phone cameras are for me higher quality than other phone cameras. Picture is not about the pixels it's about the quality. Wink

Enric wrote:
Cheaper, but still extremely expensive.

Download a radio? xD I was meaning FM radio. I don't want a radio by Internet at all, expensive and pointless.

To simplify a lot iPhones had only two good points (good camera and little size). Now they have one only good point (the camera), so no way.

I won't buy any iPhone or any phone over 300 dollars, just no. I can understand them for very rich people, but for the rest? I just wouldn't dare to go out with something with a so high price. Way too scary. Plus invest more in a phone than a computer doesn't make sense to me.

Why rich people and almost all celebrity bought it? It's because it's a high quality product. Like Admin said. Apple is secure. Even you don't have anti-virus, your phone is safe. Unlike Android devices, there are malwares around there that can steal your content. 

Another thing is, Apple don't include FM radio because, most of the people now don't use FM radio. Srsly, I'm not listening to radio anymore. And there are apps that you can download to access radio, like intropella said. Apple knows that WiFi is everywhere now. 3G and LTE too, so they don't bother making radio app built in without using internet.

Disclaimer: Please don't misunderstand me because of my opinion about Apple. I'm only a fan of them. I know all of us is a fan of something. So please understand my opinion. Wink Thank you.

//EDIT

And I'm just asking what iPhone 6 version is better, and not to compare Apple products to others. lol

Last edited by cezra31 on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 05:21; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 04:33

Why rich people and almost all celebrity bought it? It's because it's a high quality product. Like Admin said. Apple is secure. Even you don't have anti-virus, your phone is safe. Unlike Android devices, there are malwares around their that can steal your content.
Being rich and a celebrity doesn't mean being smart. Haven't you heard about the celebrities stolen photos from iPhones lately?

Most people buy iPhones just because it's a symbol. There's a strong irrational worship to this brand. It became a way to say to the world "look at me, I'm rich" without spend so much as buying a Ferrari or a private jet. Doesn't matter whatever the iPhone does, as long as there's the apple logo many people will be happy with it.

Another thing is, Apple don't include FM radio because, most of the people now don't use FM radio. Srsly, I'm not listening to radio anymore. And there are apps that you can download to access radio, like intropella said. Apple knows that WiFi is everywhere now. 3G and LTE too, so they don't bother making radio app built in without using internet.
Wifi everywhere? This is not true. Of course, there are more places with WiFi now than some years ago, but this is far from everywhere. And often we are in places with WIFI but yet without the necessary password to use it. The reason because they removed radio is because they want us to spend more money through a 3G connection. FM radios are free so they cannot charge us by that. Just see as Apple has pacts with the main phone carriers to sell iPhones for cheaper in exchange of overpriced voice+Internet plans. Lately other smartphones are removing their FM radios as well, just to make people spend more in 3G.

Additionally. I already lived two phone and Internet networks collapses in the past two years. The FM radio was the only way to stay communicated.

And some people like being able to listen to the radio in their phone. Why carry 20 things when you can have all of them in a 'tiny' rectangle?
Exactly. And add a radio doesn't require space or investment, that's why many phones added it.

tea wrote:Moreover, a phone is a phone. Take pictures ? Good ! Makes videos ? Good ! You are video/photo amateur and don't feel like investing into cameras and all. Invest in a smartphone. Fine. I'd do the same. But really, a FM radio ? I sure never wanted my walkman to be a phone, why would I want my phone to be a radio ??
Why would you want your phone to be a camera but not a radio?

A FM radio is something really simple , many old phones have it. And yet very few people have walkmans or portable radios nowadays, so it's really useful. Listen to your favourite music or to the news anywhere and for free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 06:06

EnricMost people buy iPhones just because it's a symbol. There's a strong irrational worship to this brand. It became a way to say to the world "look at me, I'm rich" without spend so much as buying a Ferrari or a private jet. Doesn't matter whatever the iPhone does, as long as there's the apple logo many people will be happy with it.

Yes, I have heard that. That's an iOS flaw. Pictures are stolen because they didn't secure their iCloud account. E-mails are hackable right? iCloud is like an email too. It's easy to hack. BUT Apple has Two-Step Verification. If you enable that you are now secure. Apple fixed that right away.

BUT what about Android. Have Android fixed their "Fake-ID Flaw"? Their "50,000+ Malware Flaw"? Their "Apps that have malware"? (There are Apps like that until now on Google Play)

All OS have flaws. But iOS fix bugs immediately in their OS compare to Android. I don't say that if you use iOS your totally secure. But I'm saying that iOS are more secure than Android OS.

For Rich thing, Yes other people say that you're rich if you're an Apple user. Because commonly rich people have Apple device.
For me, I'm not a rich person. I'm not buying Apple products so others will tell me I'm rich. But I'm buying Apple because their products are more secure, convenient for me. It's my choice. Wink

It's our choice if we want other device. No one will bother us. We have free agency tho.

Enric wrote: Wifi everywhere? This is not true. Of course, there are more places with WiFi now than some years ago, but this is far from everywhere. And often we are in places with WIFI but yet without the necessary password to use it. The reason because they removed radio is because they want us to spend more money through a 3G connection. FM radios are free so they cannot charge us by that. Just see as Apple has pacts with the main phone carriers to sell iPhones for cheaper in exchange of overpriced voice+Internet plans. Lately other smartphones are removing their FM radios as well, just to make people spend more in 3G.

Additionally. I already lived two phone and Internet networks collapses in the past two years. The FM radio was the only way to stay communicated.

Yeah others pulling out the radio on their phones, because It's an obsolete thing. Most of the people now is not using FM anymore. Having an app like that is unnecessary anymore. And developers don't mind developing app like that anymore. 

Yes! They want us to spend more on 3G. That's their business strategy. But I don't mind them because internet is now slowly replacing texting or calling. It's more affordable if you call or text a lot. You can call for free now via internet using Viber or other apps around there. So that's their new way to earn more money. You can't blame them, that's business. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 15:09

None of them. I think they are the sign of the apocalypse like the Olsen twins.. Haters gonna hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top