Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Question Empty The Sims 2 Question

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 08:25

Salutations,
I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection via Origin (gotta love PR stunts). However, due to issues creating custom content (particularly CAS and YCAS) I wanted to get The Sims 2. I went to your Kat site link, and you still have Censored as an available download. However, on G4TW it clearly states "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection (This download has been deleted, due to a lot of problems)" which may mislead those who go to your Kat account. With that said, I was wondering if there will be a release of The Sims 2, with all expansions including Mansion and Garden and Apartment Life in the relatively near future (say as late as Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule time)? Any feedback, including how to make just the base game from the Kat link "play nice" would be greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Question Empty Re: The Sims 2 Question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Oct 2014, 09:56

CandyHarlequin wrote:Salutations,
I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection via Origin (gotta love PR stunts). However, due to issues creating custom content (particularly CAS and YCAS) I wanted to get The Sims 2. I went to your Kat site link, and you still have Censored as an available download. However, on G4TW it clearly states "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection (This download has been deleted, due to a lot of problems)" which may mislead those who go to your Kat account. With that said, I was wondering if there will be a release of The Sims 2, with all expansions including Mansion and Garden and Apartment Life in the relatively near future (say as late as Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule time)? Any feedback, including how to make just the base game from the Kat link "play nice" would be greatly appreciated!

Hello CandyHarlequin,

First of all, please don't post direct links to torrent sites on here; this is strictly forbidden (and I censored your link). If you want to refer to a torrent, just mention the name of the torrent and the uploader's name, maybe even the mere name of the torrent site too. But never post direct links.

As for your question, I will forward this to the Admin, so that he may take down that torrent. Smile  The reason it was taken down "officially" was because the Sims 2 has huge problems on newer Windows OSes (Windows 7 & especially 8 ). We (the team) have to do lots of testing in this respect, still. There are plans for a re-release of The Sims 2 and all expansions/stuffpacks, but I can't tell when. As I said, lots of pre-release testing will be needed.

You'd be better off sticking with the "Ultimate Collection" for now, however...

It IS possible to get pirated Sims 2 games running on Windows 7 & 8, too. But it's a hassle. I described something similar, in an older topic, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16036-the-sims-2-double-deluxe-solved

It's about a specific Sims 2 release from Piratebay (not from G4TW though). You might want to check that out. This pirated game ("Sims 2 Double-deluxe") worked fine for me. That's the best I can suggest. 

If you need more specific help beyond that, I'm afraid you will have to consult other sources; since I myself haven't tested that much of the installation on Win 7/8. Good luck.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 13:19

Carlos wrote:First of all, please don't post direct links to torrent sites on here; this is strictly forbidden (and I censored your link). If you want to refer to a torrent, just mention the name of the torrent and the uploader's name, maybe even the mere name of the torrent site too. But never post direct links.
Carlos,
Thank you for your reply. I more-than-likely forgot that linking to torrents was prohibited so my sincerest apologies for that. I knew you had helped someone get the game working in a previous thread, but I also knew that it is unacceptable to "hijack" threads. Thank you for replying, I did indeed obtain a copy of Double Deluxe from TPB so I will look into your suggested fix asap. Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 13:39

CandyHarlequin wrote:Salutations,
I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection via Origin (gotta love PR stunts). However, due to issues creating custom content (particularly CAS and YCAS) I wanted to get The Sims 2. I went to your Kat site link, and you still have Censored as an available download. However, on G4TW it clearly states "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection (This download has been deleted, due to a lot of problems)" which may mislead those who go to your Kat account. With that said, I was wondering if there will be a release of The Sims 2, with all expansions including Mansion and Garden and Apartment Life in the relatively near future (say as late as Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule time)? Any feedback, including how to make just the base game from the Kat link "play nice" would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there! Smile

What exactly is your issue in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? We can also try to help you in that regard, if you want, as that release already has all the EPs and SPs. And, at least for me, hasn't given me any problems in Windows 8.1 (except for the Sims' shadows, but that is a minor one).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 13:55

SeoY wrote:Hi there! Smile

What exactly is your issue in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? We can also try to help you in that regard, if you want, as that release already has all the EPs and SPs. And, at least for me, hasn't given me any problems in Windows 8.1 (except for the Sims' shadows, but that is a minor one).
SeoY,

Heyas! My issue with the Ultimate collection is that if I want to create a custom CAS or YCAS screen, I won't be able to. The reason behind this is that there is a glitch with Seasons in which when a user tries to create a CAS screen, then uses their custom screen to create a new sim, the Sim becomes a Simscicle! A better explanation is on this tutorial (not a torrent site by any means) and what's more, the program {Any Game Starter} designed to make it so one can disable their mods is incompatible with the Ultimate Collection! Furthermore, although there is a work-around mentioned here (post number 66), I am a bit lost overall on how to make it "play nice" so to speak! I got lost enough to obtain Khaos Industries' compilation Sims 2 because it appears to be the version I had long before EAxis pulled their PR stunt.

Last edited by CandyHarlequin on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 14:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding additional information)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Oct 2014, 20:20

CandyHarlequin wrote:SeoY,

Heyas! My issue with the Ultimate collection is that if I want to create a custom CAS or YCAS screen, I won't be able to. The reason behind this is that there is a glitch with Seasons in which when a user tries to create a CAS screen, then uses their custom screen to create a new sim, the Sim becomes a Simscicle! A better explanation is on this tutorial (not a torrent site by any means) and what's more, the program {Any Game Starter} designed to make it so one can disable their mods is incompatible with the Ultimate Collection! Furthermore, although there is a work-around mentioned here (post number 66), I am a bit lost overall on how to make it "play nice" so to speak! I got lost enough to obtain Khaos Industries' compilation Sims 2 because it appears to be the version I had long before EAxis pulled their PR stunt.

So if I understood that correctly, this tool for creating a "custom CAS screen" is not an official tool included in the game, but a third-party tool ?

If so, I'm afraid I can't really help much with that; if the creators of that tool say it's not working, then it won't be working most likely. 

What I can tell you is this: you must outweigh different options: is it really worth it, going through the hassle of installing a pirated Sims 2 game, for possibly making this mod/tool work ? I'd personally say no, but that's up to you, in the end. 

Btw SeoY, the problems I was referring to in my last post, are usually about installing The Sims 2 (+ expansions) on newer Windows OSes. And not so much about actually running installed games. Wink

Once you actually manage to install the games (properly), running the games shouldn't be any issue, and you may even try running the game in compatibility mode and/or as an Administrator.

//EDIT

Besides, you can't quite compare the installation of a pirated Sims 2 with the Origin download anyway. Razz
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 01:21

Carlos wrote:So if I understood that correctly, this tool for creating a "custom CAS screen" is not an official tool included in the game, but a third-party tool ?

If so, I'm afraid I can't really help much with that; if the creators of that tool say it's not working, then it won't be working most likely. 

What I can tell you is this: you must outweigh different options: is it really worth it, going through the hassle of installing a pirated Sims 2 game, for possibly making this mod/tool work ? I'd personally say no, but that's up to you, in the end.

Carlos,

That is it precisely. To me, it is worthwhile (knowing I do have an Origin copy of the Ultimate Collection) to install a cracked copy and use AGS (Any Game Starter) to create my custom CAS screens. I enjoy creating things for others, and myself. I do however see your logic, which is why I had posted my original question.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:25

CandyHarlequin wrote:
Carlos,

That is it precisely. To me, it is worthwhile (knowing I do have an Origin copy of the Ultimate Collection) to install a cracked copy and use AGS (Any Game Starter) to create my custom CAS screens. I enjoy creating things for others, and myself. I do however see your logic, which is why I had posted my original question.

Haha, I guess we're in a "stalemate" position then. Razz  

But yes, the "Double-deluxe" I was referring to in my first reply worked fine for me; just make sure to read the thread very carefully, and you should be fine. Smile  If you really like working with this tool, go ahead. The worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work either with the Double-deluxe edition, in which case you will have wasted some time, OK.

But then you can either stick with the Double-deluxe or go again for the Ultimate Collection.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Oct 2014, 23:08

Hi all,

Is the TS2 linked to the Games4theworld account on KAT?
If so, we didn't upload it there. It was probably before we registered on KAT. Before that, downloads were automatically mirrored from our TPB account and anyone could "claim" them.
After we decided to upload on both KAT and TPB, KAT kindly linked all/most of our downloads to our account. After that, I didn't really check which ones were linked to the account. The KAT account doesn't have much priority anyway, because KAT tends to remove a download every now and then.
For ALL our downloads, refer to our TPB account or our website: www.games4theworld.org .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 09:46

Admin
Hi all,
Is the TS2 linked to the Games4theworld account on KAT?
Admin,
The link I had put (which Carlos kindly removed for me) did indeed take you to the KAT upload of the Sims 2. It was linked to your (Games4theworld) account. I linked, mainly to show that it was under your account so that individuals who rely on your awesomeness were not mislead (seeing as how your official downloads page says you removed the Sims 2 due to issues).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:15

CandyHarlequin wrote:Admin,
The link I had put (which Carlos kindly removed for me) did indeed take you to the KAT upload of the Sims 2. It was linked to your (Games4theworld) account. I linked, mainly to show that it was under your account so that individuals who rely on your awesomeness were not mislead (seeing as how your official downloads page says you removed the Sims 2 due to issues).

Yes, it's indeed confusing. @Admin, next time you get to it, you may want to clean up on KAT. Razz  Or, I would even go as far as to consider closing the KAT account, if the "contents" are not the same as on the website and on PTB.

(I even saw the ancient "Simpsons movie" release that is still on KAT).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:36

Hi all,

Yes, that's because of the automatic linking. Our old downloads were also linked to the account. (Including the Simpsons Movie, lol)
The KAT account is kind of a mess, because some of our downloads are not (yet) linked to our account (and the KAT staff member helping me is currently inactive). Hence in all our Installation Guides, we wrote that all our official downloads can be found on our website and on our TPB account.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 13:17

Admin
Hi all,
.....Hence in all our Installation Guides, we wrote that all our official downloads can be found on our website and on our TPB account.
Admin,
That is the very reason I wanted to show you all the link confuzzlement. I know how to read, and you know how to write clearly, but there will always be someone who tries to say that "I didn't know" and for those ignorant people (or those who do not have English as their native tongue) I wanted to help with any potential confusion. My apologies if I am making zero sense right now, it is 4 AM for me and I am under-caffeinated.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Oct 2014, 18:56

CandyHarlequin wrote:Admin,
That is the very reason I wanted to show you all the link confuzzlement. I know how to read, and you know how to write clearly, but there will always be someone who tries to say that "I didn't know" and for those ignorant people (or those who do not have English as their native tongue) I wanted to help with any potential confusion. My apologies if I am making zero sense right now, it is 4 AM for me and I am under-caffeinated.

Yes, yes, I get you ( I actually "got" you already after your first post Razz ). And I'm sure the Admin understood too. But it's not that big of a priority I guess at the moment. Currently we are (still) seeing if Sims 4 can be released at all, and as long as KAT hasn't been "cleaned up", we'll just tell the users to focus on our website and on the Piratebay account. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 12:25

Hi everybody!

I want to download the sims 2 ultimate collection but it's too late.. I've all sims 3 collection. If someone want to share his login with me it would be wonderful Very Happy 

Have a nice day,

Maxime

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Oct 2014, 22:20

Swiss wrote:Hi everybody!

I want to download the sims 2 ultimate collection but it's too late.. I've all sims 3 collection. If someone want to share his login with me it would be wonderful Very Happy 

Have a nice day,

Maxime

Hello Swiss and welcome,

If anybody really wants to "share" that with you (something which is highly unusual and generally not recommended - yes, I have to be that blunt), then please exchange this kind of information via private messaging, and NOT here on the forum. We will only censor this stuff immediately, since this is very personal information.

Besides, yes, this free giveaway of the "Ultimate Collection" was only for a few days at the end of July I think. Alternatively, check out this thread here too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16036-the-sims-2-double-deluxe-solved

//EDIT

And next time, please open a NEW thread for your issue(s), instead of posting under someone else's topic.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top