Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frightening experience !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frightening experience ! Empty Frightening experience !

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 07:39

Anyone of you ever experienced this here ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

After experiencing this, I did some googling, and that's exactly what happened to me a short while ago, lol.  Shocked  pale  And wow, there aren't that many things that freak me out, but this was definitely a unique experience. 

I was totally unable to do anything, for a while, and it felt like something/someone invisible was... "kneeling" or "sitting" on my chest too. That's what the chest pressure felt like. I honestly even thought in the first few seconds that "this was it...", lol.  Crying or Very sad  Razz  

After a while though (I honestly can't even tell how long exactly) I could move again, normally. I hope I won't experience that again !

Evil or Very Mad
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Frightening experience ! Empty Re: Frightening experience !

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 13:48

Hi Carlos!

I haven't experienced that, but if you will experience it again (hopefully not) here is some tip for you: 

My mother said, if you will experience this. Move your thumb in your foot and you will free from it. I don't really believe in this, but my sister testified to it. When she experienced it, she does that and she was freed from that immediately. Also, many people testify about that too. 
The only part you can move if your on sleep paralysis is the thumbs of your feet. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 18:42

cezra31 wrote:Hi Carlos!

I haven't experienced that, but if you will experience it again (hopefully not) here is some tip for you: 

My mother said, if you will experience this. Move your thumb in your foot and you will free from it. I don't really believe in this, but my sister testified to it. When she experienced it, she does that and she was freed from that immediately. Also, many people testify about that too. 
The only part you can move if your on sleep paralysis is the thumbs of your feet. Wink

Hey cezra,

Yes, that's exactly what I read somewhere else (earlier !). But I seriously couldn't even do that, lol.  Facepalm

There is actually a (small) medical point in this: patients awaking from a coma, for instance, will often start moving just the tips of their fingers, since this part of the body is very..."easily movable", for a lack of a better medical term ? 

Thanks for the input though ! Very Happy  I will try it (again), next time I get this, lol. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 19:57

Hey Carlos. Smile

At least you didn't get the hallucinations that often happen when in Sleep Paralysis, like sounds, demons, 'intruders' in your room, and other things...

Luckily it hasn't happened to me either. It sounds terrifying. pale

Another thing I heard that works to stop the paralysis is closing your eyes and trying to fall sleep again. But that doesn't sound very easy considering how you describe it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 22:20

SeoY wrote:Hey Carlos. Smile

At least you didn't get the hallucinations that often happen when in Sleep Paralysis, like sounds, demons, 'intruders' in your room, and other things...

Luckily it hasn't happened to me either. It sounds terrifying. pale

Another thing I heard that works to stop the paralysis is closing your eyes and trying to fall sleep again. But that doesn't sound very easy considering how you describe it. Razz

No, I didn't hallucinate anything, but given the whole situation, it wouldn't have mattered that much anyhow either.  Facepalm  Shocked
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Oct 2014, 22:46

Hi Carlos,

Didn't experience it either, but recently did a lot of research on it. (Have a friend who occasionally has that experience, with the hallucinations)
First of all, try not to think about it too much. And don't be afraid at all. By being afraid of what "might" happen, you'll most likely allow those things that you're afraid of to happen. For example, if you're afraid that you're going to see someone kneeling next to your bed, looking into your soul (so to speak), you're probably going to see exactly that.
Don't allow fear to plant itself into your subconscious.
They say closing your eyes will help too, but I'm not sure whether that's comfortable, when you see someone sitting next to you. LOL. Try to focus on moving a body part, like your toe or something. Focus very hard and you'll probably "wake up".

If you for whatever reason want to experiment: they say that you can go into lucid dreaming really easy from a SP state. Or maybe even an out of body experience (OBE), which sounds really awesome. Do some Googling, and I'm sure you'll find some good tips. But again, if you're afraid, don't continue and just forget about all of it. After reading stuff about SP, I literally wouldn't sleep until the sun started to come up, for a few days. (Because of the fear of experiencing it)

I read some cool stories though. For example, someone who claimed to have seen a black shadow thing/creature/whatever. He then had an OBE and then attacked the thing that was in his room. By doing so, he overcame his fear and (from my interpretation) he killed/removed the fear from his subconscious.

Anyway, be glad that you didn't have any hallucinations. My friend says that he got used to seeing weird stuff, like someone sitting in his bedroom, saying nothing. But if you're not used to that stuff, you're probably going to have a hard time. (Imagine seeing a scary face, centimetres away from your face, and not being able to move Razz
Try to think to yourself: "I know what's going on, I'm just having a sleep paralysis, it's not real")

Last but not least, if you're religious, trust in God. He created you, and He is the only one that can take back what He gave you. Don't let some stupid fear thoughts fool you. They cannot harm you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:09

Admin wrote:Hi Carlos,

Didn't experience it either, but recently did a lot of research on it. (Have a friend who occasionally has that experience, with the hallucinations)
First of all, try not to think about it too much. And don't be afraid at all. By being afraid of what "might" happen, you'll most likely allow those things that you're afraid of to happen. For example, if you're afraid that you're going to see someone kneeling next to your bed, looking into your soul (so to speak), you're probably going to see exactly that.
Don't allow fear to plant itself into your subconscious.
They say closing your eyes will help too, but I'm not sure whether that's comfortable, when you see someone sitting next to you. LOL. Try to focus on moving a body part, like your toe or something. Focus very hard and you'll probably "wake up".

If you for whatever reason want to experiment: they say that you can go into lucid dreaming really easy from a SP state. Or maybe even an out of body experience (OBE), which sounds really awesome. Do some Googling, and I'm sure you'll find some good tips. But again, if you're afraid, don't continue and just forget about all of it. After reading stuff about SP, I literally wouldn't sleep until the sun started to come up, for a few days. (Because of the fear of experiencing it)

I read some cool stories though. For example, someone who claimed to have seen a black shadow thing/creature/whatever. He then had an OBE and then attacked the thing that was in his room. By doing so, he overcame his fear and (from my interpretation) he killed/removed the fear from his subconscious.

Anyway, be glad that you didn't have any hallucinations. My friend says that he got used to seeing weird stuff, like someone sitting in his bedroom, saying nothing. But if you're not used to that stuff, you're probably going to have a hard time. (Imagine seeing a scary face, centimetres away from your face, and not being able to move Razz
Try to think to yourself: "I know what's going on, I'm just having a sleep paralysis, it's not real")

Last but not least, if you're religious, trust in God. He created you, and He is the only one that can take back what He gave you. Don't let some stupid fear thoughts fool you. They cannot harm you.

Hey Admin,

Thanks for the positive encouragement ! Very Happy  I didn't actually hallucinate or see anybody/anything "kneeling" on me, just felt the pressure from something "invisible". Suspect  So even if I managed to have an OBE, I'd have difficulties in making out the enemy. Razz

Anyhow, I'm not religious either, and I'm not really afraid that it "might" happen again. From then on, I actually slept pretty well again, as if it hadn't happened.

That stuff sounds interesting though, and I might look into that myself. Thanks again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:37

Lucid dreaming is AWESOME. I don't experience it a lot these days but before I had kids, I had lucid dreams several times a week. It's like having extra time and in a fantasy world.
I've read that experiencing lucid dreams can help with sleep paralysis, and you can train yourself to learn lucid dreaming.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Oct 2014, 21:32

You're welcome, Carlos. It's pretty interesting indeed, hence I spent hours reading about it.

Ah, I remember the good old nights as a kid, when lucid dreaming was a normal thing. Don't have them any more now, unfortunately. But I want to train myself on experiencing them again. Sad
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Oct 2014, 08:11

Frightening experience ! BkJCposIQAAZ5jy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Oct 2014, 13:41

It could have been a ghost.... you never know carlos Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Oct 2014, 13:06

LoriliHime wrote:It could have been a ghost.... you never know carlos Smile
I recall Carlos writing a topic about hearing weird sounds in his house a while back...
Was that indeed you, Carlos, or did someone else wrote that?
Because if it was you, then there might be something else going on... Suspect
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 11 Oct 2014, 20:29

Lady ElDi wrote:Lucid dreaming is AWESOME. I don't experience it a lot these days but before I had kids, I had lucid dreams several times a week. It's like having extra time and in a fantasy world.
I've read that experiencing lucid dreams can help with sleep paralysis, and you can train yourself to learn lucid dreaming.
It's like playing The Sims 3 with a very realistic 3D retina display, ha ha ha!

Sorry for your experience, Carlos! It must be really terrifying!!! I wish you get better. Please see your doctor (cardiologist) about this pressure you felt in your chest, just in case...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:05

SvenT wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Lucid dreaming is AWESOME. I don't experience it a lot these days but before I had kids, I had lucid dreams several times a week. It's like having extra time and in a fantasy world.

Sorry for your experience, Carlos! It must be really terrifying!!! I wish you get better. Please see your doctor (cardiologist) about this pressure you felt in your chest, just in case...
Hi there,

The pressure he felt, is most likely from the sleep paralysis.
Since the body is still asleep, you'll continue to breath like you were breathing while asleep. (Which is slower than when awake) If you panic, it might feel like you're choking, because you require more oxygen than your body is inhaling, so to speak.
I think that's what causing the pressure.

Coincidentally I was at a dinner yesterday where we were talking about dreams (for some unknown reason Razz ), and an older man (60+) was telling us how he some nights felt like something very heavy was on his chest. He didn't say anything about paralysis or hallucinations, but I'm pretty sure he was describing sleep paralysis. (Just without the hallucinations)
Though I didn't tell him about sleep paralysis, I just sat there and listened.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Oct 2014, 06:55

cezra31 wrote:Frightening experience ! BkJCposIQAAZ5jy

Brilliant ! Razz  

Admin wrote:
LoriliHime wrote:It could have been a ghost.... you never know carlos Smile
I recall Carlos writing a topic about hearing weird sounds in his house a while back...
Was that indeed you, Carlos, or did someone else wrote that?
Because if it was you, then there might be something else going on... Suspect

If I recall correctly, yes, I think I mentioned that on the chatbox, long ago. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I haven't "heard" from the ghost in quite some time now. Maybe he retired from spooking around ? (yes, the ghost had a monotonous male voice and is presumably from the person who committed suicide in that house, in the mid-1980s, without going into too many details). Or went on an extended vacation "to the other side" ?  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 

But luckily, it's extremely rare that ghosts resort to actual physical violence...  Haters gonna hate 

SvenT wrote:

That's the only incident I had so far with pressure on the torso, and most likely it was related to this sleep paralysis.  But thanks for the encouragement ! Smile  

Admin wrote:
SvenT wrote:

Hi there,

The pressure he felt, is most likely from the sleep paralysis.
Since the body is still asleep, you'll continue to breath like you were breathing while asleep. (Which is slower than when awake) If you panic, it might feel like you're choking, because you require more oxygen than your body is inhaling, so to speak.
I think that's what causing the pressure.

Coincidentally I was at a dinner yesterday where we were talking about dreams (for some unknown reason Razz ), and an older man (60+) was telling us how he some nights felt like something very heavy was on his chest. He didn't say anything about paralysis or hallucinations, but I'm pretty sure he was describing sleep paralysis. (Just without the hallucinations)
Though I didn't tell him about sleep paralysis, I just sat there and listened.

Yes, as said, the torso pressure was (most likely) from the paralysis. Heart problems very often (any doctors/physicians on here: feel free to correct me on that, if wrong) manifest themselves in pain around the region where the heart is located, namely the upper left part of the torso. Also, general difficulties in breathing may also show heart problems.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 17:24

I already encountered such thing bro but, there're some differences to what I encountered. I experienced auditory and visual hallucinations, it's very dreadful because I heard a very loud laugh ( I guess from a demon ) from a numerous creature. In that time, I tried not to open my eyes because of my fear of what I am going to see but my thoughts were wrong. My eyes were shut but I saw some horrible things, one of these was the face of The Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short) after she was murdered. I struggle to move my hands that time (which was successful). As I move my hands, the laughs was gone, and I slowly move my other parts. That thing was very horrible that it gives me goosebumps as I am typing this comment. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Nov 2014, 22:56

?CanI? wrote:I already encountered such thing bro but, there're some differences to what I encountered. I experienced auditory and visual hallucinations, it's very dreadful because I heard a very loud laugh ( I guess from a demon ) from a numerous creature. In that time, I tried not to open my eyes because of my fear of what I am going to see but my thoughts were wrong. My eyes were shut but I saw some horrible things, one of these was the face of The Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short) after she was murdered. I struggle to move my hands that time (which was successful). As I move my hands, the laughs was gone, and I slowly move my other parts. That thing was very horrible that it gives me goosebumps as I am typing this comment. No
Hi there,

I'm about to go to bed, so I won't even look up that name on Google. Razz
Try to look at it from a bright side, don't think about "it" too much: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17988-frightening-experience#124936

On a side-note: my progress on the lucid dream is good so far. I've had two lucid dreams in the past two weeks, of which one was very short and ended in a false awakening (God, it felt so real Sad ) and seeing a black shadow thingy standing in front of my bad. The other one was yesterday, and WOW it was great dream, LOL! I was lucid all the time and the dream felt like tripping, but then without the drugs. (Bright, shiny and nice colours, reggae music playing throughout the dream) On the downside, I was stuck in a false awakening loop (like 10 false awakenings in a row) and thought I would never wake up. Razz Ah, the reggae music and the bright colours and details of the dream compensated that feeling!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 12:03

Hello King Admin,
Sorry for my late reply, I just finished reading your reply to my comment. That horrible dream is not bothering me anymore, maybe because of my excitement every night before I sleep. The cause of my excitement is the next chapter of the romantic story I'm reading. Just thinking of how the guy left the girl he love for her safety Oh my! I'm eager to read the next chapter.

Because of my experiences I concluded that your mood and the last thing you're thinking might appear to your dream, like when I'm bothered to the Black Dahlia thing and it appear to my dream, maybe a good vibes before you sleep helps you to avoid nightmare. 

Last edited by ?CanI? on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Feb 2015, 21:36

?CanI? wrote:Hello King Admin,
Sorry for my late reply, I just finished reading your reply to my comment. That horrible dream is not bothering me anymore, maybe because of my excitement every night before I sleep. The cause of my excitement is the next chapter of the romantic story I'm reading. Just thinking of how the guy left the girl he love for her safety Oh my! I'm eager to read the next chapter.

Because of my experiences I concluded that your mood and the last thing you're thinking might appear to your dream, like when I'm bothered to the Black Dahlia thing and it appear to my dream, maybe a good vibes before you sleep helps you to avoid nightmare. 
Hi there,

Indeed, thinking about it too much will eventually plant that thought in your subconscious. (So at that point, even if you don't immediately think about it, "they" might appear, because they are still in your subconscious.
Think about happy things instead, and think about the fact that they are just part of your imagination. They cannot harm you in any way. Eventually you'll "see the light". (In a positive way)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 22:52

Luckily I didn't get any of that, ever since ! Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:50

I hope you'll never have one Moderator Carlos. It's very dreadful.  pale 

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 11 Feb 2015, 20:26

Carlos wrote:Luckily I didn't get any of that, ever since ! Very Happy 
Glad to hear that. Smile
Can you believe some people really try to achieve what happened to you? Just to experience it... I might have tried it myself a few times too, without success. Facepalm

If you think about it, dreaming is something really beautiful. I sometimes dream complete stories. (You probably know what I mean)
I plan on writing books about them. (Still remember some of them in detail, they were that beautiful) Somewhere in the future... soon...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum