Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX Empty Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX

Post by Layloria Wed 08 Oct 2014, 23:59

Hello,

Recently, I bought xbox live gold for my account so I'm really eager to get my internet working on my console.
I have changed from Sky to Plusnet and suffered some problems. The Technicolour TG582n is my new router and Sky Hub SR101 was my old router. Please note both routers are combi and act like a modem/router. I have an ordinary ADSL line not fibre.

My console won't connect to the wireless or ethernet cable I plug in to my Technicolour TG582n router, however it works when I plug in my old sky router (still using plusnet's internet line). All my other devices such as phones, laptops and computers can connect to both routers, unfortunately the old sky router is mega slow and only seems to suit the xbox. All other devices are slow with intermittent internet. So it would be best to configure the xbox to work with the Technicolour TG582n.

We have tried adding and opening ports by assigning them to the Xbox. We have tried the network solutions given to us by Plusnet where we change the channels, this works for a while then the connection gets lost and we have to try another channel, we tried the guide on xbox.com with no luck, the MAC settings aren't used with Technicolour TG582n.
We tried turning off and on, turning both xbox and router off, tried ethernet cable- doesnt work, tried using a usb internet adapter, tried resetting network settings and tried resetting the router.

Sadly no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria Like a Star @ heaven

Mod edit: Topic moved to "Consoles".

- Carlos
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX Empty Re: Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX

Post by Admin Sat 11 Oct 2014, 13:14

Hi there,

Did you plug it in the yellow output on the Technicolor mode, numbered "1"?
While doing so, make sure that your router is unplugged. So only your Xbox is connected to the modem directly.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX Empty Re: Internet Works on devices EXCEPT XBOX

Post by Layloria Sat 11 Oct 2014, 14:21

Hi,

We plugged it into the ethernet cable. Still using dodgy ADSL at the moment which means the router is both modem and router. Sad
I had a modem which broke and my expensive router is unusable without it. So I'm using my providers Combi modem/router on basic ADSL phone line internet.

Thanks!
Like a Star @ heaven layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Oct 2014, 20:56

Layloria wrote:We plugged it into the ethernet cable.
Hi there,

You plugged the network cable into the network cable? Razz
I meant the other side of the cable. One side goes into the Xbox, the other side in the yellow output of the modem.

So like this: Xbox <==> ethernet cable <==> modem, yellow 1 (only connect the Xbox to the modem; temporarily unplug all other devices)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top