Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP Empty CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 13:03

So I just got my Sims 3 from a Torrent. When I played it for the fist time, the loading screen only takes a while but when I started installing the Sims 3 Showtime that's the time I already downloaded packages and Mods, when I went in CAS it takes forever like I leave it for an hour and it still loading so I decided to exit the game. I deleted some mods and now I only have a 5 mods but still,  it loads forever. Please HELP? And can you suggests any website that have good cc to download. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP Empty Re: CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Oct 2014, 19:25

pizzaslaysme wrote:So I just got my Sims 3 from a Torrent. When I played it for the fist time, the loading screen only takes a while but when I started installing the Sims 3 Showtime that's the time I already downloaded packages and Mods, when I went in CAS it takes forever like I leave it for an hour and it still loading so I decided to exit the game. I deleted some mods and now I only have a 5 mods but still,  it loads forever. Please HELP? And can you suggests any website that have good cc to download. Thanks.

//MOVED

Hello pizzaslaysme and welcome,

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck for now ! Take your time to read everything carefully, and post back if you need more help ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP Empty Re: CAS Loading Screen Loads Forever! HELPPP

Post by Guest Fri 31 Oct 2014, 00:48

Hi, thank you for your help but I have only 32-bit so I just backup the Sims 3 folder and download a Game Booster to Boost the game, now it runs smoothly and the loading screen takes only a second. Smile Can I ask how can I avoid my mods to affect the game? Please because I want to download more mods and packages.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Oct 2014, 06:54

pizzaslaysme wrote:Hi, thank you for your help but I have only 32-bit so I just backup the Sims 3 folder and download a Game Booster to Boost the game, now it runs smoothly and the loading screen takes only a second. Smile Can I ask how can I avoid my mods to affect the game? Please because I want to download more mods and packages.

You can still do the "DEP" though, what I mentioned in my guide, even if you can't do the "4GB patch". Smile 

And yes, GameBooster is another option too, see this guide here:
http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

About the mods...you must make sure that you download mods that "match" your base game patch level. So let's say if your base game patch level is 1.67 (the latest), your mods must work with 1.67 too. The only way to make sure that the mods are compatible is to read all available descriptions, on the download sites of the mods. Smile 

To improve performance even more, you an also try lowering some graphics settings, in the in-game options menu. Good luck again, and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top