Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8.1 Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 8.1 Problems Empty Windows 8.1 Problems

Post by Guest Fri 12 Dec 2014, 05:19

I just downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 last night. As I was playing around with it, I noticed that some of my previous functions were missing. I'm no longer able to scroll with my touchpad. I've done all kinds of research on it and came to realize that the driver that I had previously has changed and a different driver (PS/2 Compatible Mouse) has been applied.

Windows 8.1 Problems Captur11

While trying to figure that problem out, I realized that my system manufacturer was missing in the security and systems setting on my computer. I know that I have a Toshiba Satellite and I was trying to figure out the specific model, but since that information is missing, I can't find that out.

Windows 8.1 Problems Captur12

These are only the problems that I've discovered so far. What do I need to do to fix these problems? Do I need to go back to Windows 7?

//EDIT

UPDATE: I downloaded a new driver and got the mouse pad problem fixed, now I'm just having to figure out the manufacturer part

Back to top Go down

Windows 8.1 Problems Empty Re: Windows 8.1 Problems

Post by Admin Sat 13 Dec 2014, 14:20

Hi there,

You can find all drivers for your specific laptop model on the Toshiba website, by entering your laptop model.
If you don't know what your laptop model is: it's usually written somewhere on the front. If not, look underneath the laptop. It is written somewhere on the laptop.
After figuring out your laptop model, go to http://support.toshiba.com/drivers and type in your exact system model.
Here's you'll find all the drivers for your laptop, which should add all the previous features again. I recommend restarting your laptop, after installing all the drivers that you want.

What exactly is your problem with the "manufacturer part"? If you mean that it's missing from the "System" window as shown in your screenshot: don't worry about that, it's not important.
The Windows 7 you originally had installed probably came with a branded (pre-installed) version of Windows. The Windows 8 you installed is unbranded, and therefore does not have the Toshiba logo and stuff. It won't affect any of the Windows functions, so don't worry about it too much.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male