Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Mac and how does it differ from windows??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is  Mac and how does it differ from windows?? Empty What is Mac and how does it differ from windows??

Post by Guest Fri 12 Dec 2014, 21:01

hello guys,
i just want to know what is so special about mac like how does it differ from windows when operating a game or a program??

Admin Edit: Moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Last edited by trojen100 on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 20:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

What is  Mac and how does it differ from windows?? Empty Re: What is Mac and how does it differ from windows??

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 07:49

Hi there,
Mac a fairly "simple" OS system. It currently has a nice clean style, that I particularly like. However, mac has its pros and cons.

Pro:
- It build to last a very long time (my current mac last over 6 years without problem! Very Happy)
-Very fast start up and shut down, fast in general.
- little to no virus/trojan threats in the system (unless users download some sketchy files. / does not catch viruses when surfing on the web /through ads/ unlike windows. )
-good for graphic designing, video editing, photo editing, music ect. due to graphic display and processing /depends on the model/
-good for coders /unix based/
- laptop: /macbookpro or air/ = have long lasting battery life
-annually software update 
-can add windows os onto the mac too! 

Con:
-expensive 
-limitation on customizing the system unlike Windows
-limitation on apps that work for Mac
-not entirely a gaming system (although I can still play league and sims 3 very well without lag on the highest graphic setting)
-difficult to upgrade the processor 

I own both mac and windows, and I personally use mac for special projects such as graphic designing on photoshop. I do not really see anything special with mac besides being worried free from random crashes that I usually get from windows.

Back to top Go down

What is  Mac and how does it differ from windows?? Empty Re: What is Mac and how does it differ from windows??

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 22:58

I wouldn't entirely agree with the limitation of applications. You need to know what you need in terms of use and there is probably an app for that. Not just one you'd thought since a lot of app for mac where built or are still built in mind of packing 2 windows app. In other words, Mac app are normally overpack with features and functions.

As a difference between Mac and Windows.
Windows works on MSDos as Mac works on Unix which is core of Linux

One have to know that Macs were and are still used in graphic field and musical field as they are high performances and perfect applications for those fields. Most screens for graphic project were better on macs and everything from print to now-web is done on Mac. Fonts were made on Mac, books, magazines, movies, videos, musical projects ... name it. A lot of "artistic" field use Mac. Because performances are better ( just remember, Pixar used to be a Steve Jobs company where he tried to implement the core of actual Mac OS X system : Nexus - which was the name of the company he built when getting fired by Apple )

Even tho coders can work on Mac, it is better if you code for unix but most coder prefer to work on Windows because of bugs and tracking. It is easier. Unless you code for mac app ...

Now. As of how it operates an app or a game.
The main thing is : Mac OS X needs a coder to implement the graphic interface ( graphic user interface ), graphic routines. You can't just run a script and call it an app on Mac.
Roughly, that's about it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top