Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error Empty The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 13:24

Hi.

There is already an old existing topic under this name, which I have read, and have tried what was suggested in the thread, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.

Anyway, I'm in a pickle. I've tried absolutely everything, and I'm not sure what else it could be.
I've downloaded the torrent from you guys before, this game installed and works perfectly fine on my old laptop that I no longer use ever since I got a much better gaming PC. But for some reason, the installation simply won't work on, well, my current PC.

I double click start.exe, autorun pops up, I click install, and this shows up:

"An error occurred while launching the setup.

The remote procedure call failed."

Now, I have tried every possible thing. Here's a list:

- Run as administrator
- Opened 'setup' in the setup folder instead
- Opened services.msc, set "Remote Procedure Call Locator" to Automatic and Started it
- Used Sims Eraser.exe available in the torrent
- Cleaned my entire registry with CCleaner
- Manually removed everything I had in my registry that had to do with Maxis (Had to annoyingly uninstall SimCity 4)
- Redownloaded the torrent twice
- Rebooted my computer at least 5 times

Yeah, still shows the same error. Any ideas? I'm really suspecting it's something to do with the registry, or a service that's running/not running and should be, but eh. I have tampered with both in the past to fix other issues so it would not surprise me.

I'm running Windows 8.1, GTX 760, 8Gb RAM, and I already have the Sims 3 and 4 installed and running on my system, if that could tamper with anything as well? (Doubt it, I got the Sims 3 on my laptop .__.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error Empty Re: The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jan 2015, 04:59

I have a problem with SKU Number which means left over things that is interfering with installation. It looks like ive cleaned most things but its still not working Sad

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error Empty Re: The Sims 1: Complete Collection, installation error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Jan 2015, 05:13

Relaxable wrote:Hi.

There is already an old existing topic under this name, which I have read, and have tried what was suggested in the thread, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.

Anyway, I'm in a pickle. I've tried absolutely everything, and I'm not sure what else it could be.
I've downloaded the torrent from you guys before, this game installed and works perfectly fine on my old laptop that I no longer use ever since I got a much better gaming PC. But for some reason, the installation simply won't work on, well, my current PC.

I double click start.exe, autorun pops up, I click install, and this shows up:

"An error occurred while launching the setup.

The remote procedure call failed."

Now, I have tried every possible thing. Here's a list:

- Run as administrator
- Opened 'setup' in the setup folder instead
- Opened services.msc, set "Remote Procedure Call Locator" to Automatic and Started it
- Used Sims Eraser.exe available in the torrent
- Cleaned my entire registry with CCleaner
- Manually removed everything I had in my registry that had to do with Maxis (Had to annoyingly uninstall SimCity 4)
- Redownloaded the torrent twice
- Rebooted my computer at least 5 times

Yeah, still shows the same error. Any ideas? I'm really suspecting it's something to do with the registry, or a service that's running/not running and should be, but eh. I have tampered with both in the past to fix other issues so it would not surprise me.

I'm running Windows 8.1, GTX 760, 8Gb RAM, and I already have the Sims 3 and 4 installed and running on my system, if that could tamper with anything as well? (Doubt it, I got the Sims 3 on my laptop .__.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Hello Relaxable and welcome,

Have you tried running the installer itself under "compatibility mode" too ? Choose "Windows XP" there, for instance, and see if that changes anything. Smile  Note that Windows 8 is still notorious when it comes to older games like TS1 (which is one reason I still stick to Windows 7).

And yes, while we're at it, did you have The Sims 1 installed on that compuer in the past ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top