Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working Empty Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 16:12

Hello:D Please allow me to post my problem here .Anyway, I've downloaded the sims 2 together with the free time, mansion and garden stuff and apartment life EP and mounted and installed them. But when I clicked apartment life, it says "wrong disc inserted". What I don't understand is that why does it ask for a garden and mansion disc when apartment life is the latest. TT.TT And the launcher keep stopped working whenever I click play Why. Why..Please help me thankks you Wat. Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working Empty Re: Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Jan 2015, 19:16

simrinravioli wrote:Hello:D Please allow me to post my problem here .Anyway, I've downloaded the sims 2 together with the free time, mansion and garden stuff and apartment life EP and mounted and installed them. But when I clicked apartment life, it says "wrong disc inserted". What I don't understand is that why does it ask for a garden and mansion disc when apartment life is the latest. TT.TT And the launcher keep stopped working whenever I click play Why. Why..Please help me thankks you Wat. Help

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't really help with your issue. TS2 and expansions are known to be very cumbersome in terms of getting them to run on newer Windows OSes.

I had in mind a few ideas on a possible re-release of TS2 by Games4TheWorld, but everything is still much "work in progress".

Until then, look on torrent sites for complete collections of TS2 and all expansions; sorry again that I cannot help in your instance. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working Empty Re: Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2015, 19:38

simrinravioli wrote:Hello:D Please allow me to post my problem here .Anyway, I've downloaded the sims 2 together with the free time, mansion and garden stuff and apartment life EP and mounted and installed them. But when I clicked apartment life, it says "wrong disc inserted". What I don't understand is that why does it ask for a garden and mansion disc when apartment life is the latest. TT.TT And the launcher keep stopped working whenever I click play Why. Why..Please help me thankks you Wat. Help

Hi there, @simrinravioli! Smile

I just want to add that Mansions & Garden Stuff is the latest Stuff Pack for The Sims 2, and it was released after Apartment Life. So, it's normal that it's asking for the disc of the latest 'Pack', that being M&G. Maybe you could try clicking on that one instead?

But apart from that, I'm sorry I can't help you either. Good luck, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Jan 2015, 09:04

I actually got mine from Piratebay, namely the "Sims 2 Double-Deluxe" with all expansions and stuffpacks. And I managed to get it working, actually, but I wasn't able to find it on any other torrent site. As you can see here, I posted a suggestion on how to install that specific release:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16036-the-sims-2-double-deluxe-solved#113014

But I'm not sure if that procedure applies to all Sims 2 games, or only this specific release. If you are still interested, I will keep on looking for it, elsewhere.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top