Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions.

Post by Admin Sat 14 Feb 2015, 00:05

Hello everyone,

If you get the "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims(TM) 4" error, please re-download the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix and RE-DO all the steps.

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Untitl13

The latest version of the Ultimate Fix should fix that error.

IF you get the following error:
"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Untitl14

OR

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Captur11

Then please see this topic instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-2-2015

Good luck!

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 4 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 4 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, or directly under this thread.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty "Unable to start: Origin is not running" - alternative solutions.

Post by Sim Architect Tue 20 Oct 2015, 07:34

Hi! Here's another tip, very important!

Whenever you install the game, please follow each and every step of the VIDEO below carefully AND, if you still get the "Origin is not Running" error (or RLD error, or anything similar), please check for your RldOrigin.dll file inside your game folder. If you cracked it right, it should be dated August 14 of 2015 and have 635,396 bytes!

If it has a different size or date, your game was not properly cracked and that is your issue. You can fix it by simply handling your anti-virus (excluding the proper folders as instructed in the video), then downloading the "RldOrigin.dll" torrent link found in my video's description at YouTube (I won't put a direct link here because that way, if I need to update anything, I will always update that video's description only, as it's very likely I will have this tip spread all over the place and it might get outdated with a new release, so you all get the latest on a single place).

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

Mod edit: topic title slightly edited.

- Carlos

Mod edit: Thanks, Carlos! Added the link to the other topic on the subject.

-Sim Architect

Mod edit: Joined the two topics.

- Sim Architect

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 25 Oct 2015, 06:12; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Joined Topics #1 and #2)
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty "Origin not running" - possible fix #2.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 06:06

So I used to have this problem that would not let me run the Sims 4, it would read Origin not running, accompanied with a long ### error code.

I thought the solution would be to launch Origin then launch the game. It wasn't. It was the problem.

So don't keep Origin running when attempting to play the Sims 4. Even if you want to access the community gallery.

But for those that have ran into this error, I have a solution. No uninstallation of the Sims 4 is required or any registry editing. 

Apparently Origin places some cache files into your computer when Origin detects you have a pirated copy of Sims 4. The solution is to remove those folders? But how?

Here's how.

Go to C:\Users\\appdata\local\

There should be an Origin folder. Remove it.

Then go to C:\Users\\appdata\roaming\

There should be another Origin folder. Remove it aswell.

These instructions came from a different website, but did not mention that this helps pirates so I put it here.
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty IMPORTANT - EA IS BLACKLISTING IPS.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015, 22:48

Okay guys wanna know the results ?

Base game : working
Get to work : working
Ultimate Fix : working

IP check confirmed.

Here is the very simple trick for anyone who has an iPhone with internet :

1. Disconnect PC network wire
  2. Make sure you lost your connection
  3. On your iPhone, disable WiFi
  4. Connect your iPhone to your PC with USB
  5. On your iPhone, go to Settings => Share connection => Activate (don't activate before plugging in USB)
  6. Your PC should automatically find the connection
  7. Make sure you recover internet
  8. Reproduce each time you wanna play

I hope this will help some guys in the future Smile

Red

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty Re: "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Nov 2015, 08:45

Based on what user @RedFactor found above, it may also be worth a shot using a (free) VPN service to connect to the internet. It would break the scope and intent of this thread if I went into more detail at this point, but one example of a free VPN service can be found here:
http://www.vpnbook.com/howto/

See the guide on how to "set up OpenVPN on Windows 7"; that should work on later Windows versions too. Good luck !

//EDIT

Sometimes it can also help to disconnect from the internet, before starting up The Sims 4.

//EDIT

Also, as stated in the included instructions, make sure that you move your installation folder of "The Sims 4", OUT from Electronic Arts, and directly under Program files (x86). So if your original install location is C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, then move that folder "The Sims 4" directly under Program files (x86). 

Make sure to delete all old desktop shortcuts, and create a new one, after you moved the folder under Program files (x86).

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty Origin is not running problem.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 19:12

I got it working on laptop! (still doesn't work on PC)
My solution on laptop is crazy. All I did was clearing my registry with CCleaner, but like I said, it didn't work for PC. Well, at least it worked somewhere. You can add in issues topic that CCleaner can fix a problem too.

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty Just wanted to share this trick

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 04:25

Hey. Just wanted to share this trick how i managed to get the game to launch again after installation of base game, get to work and get together addons plus the newest fix when this issue occurs:"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Untitl13

Solution: If your game is installed (addons plus fix also) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" just rename that "The Sims 4" without that last space so it looks like "The Sims4" and it will start without that error. I tried every other solution i found (deleting reg keys from EA and Origin after Origin uninstallation also), but i could not see any other option so i tried renaming that folder thinking "yeah right i will laugh my ass off it that works.." and it did. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd I hope that will work for you too. Carlos is tha man!!!  Good Luck.

Mod edit: post merged.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty Re: "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions.

Post by Admin Wed 17 Feb 2016, 21:05

Markz wrote:Solution: If your game is installed (addons plus fix also) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" just rename that "The Sims 4" without that last space so it looks like "The Sims4" and it will start without that error. I tried every other solution i found (deleting reg keys from EA and Origin after Origin uninstallation also), but i could not see any other option so i tried renaming that folder thinking "yeah right i will laugh my ass off it that works.." and it did. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd I hope that will work for you too. Carlos is tha man!!!  Good Luck.
Thanks for sharing your possible fix with everyone! Yess, aye lieeke!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running" - alternative solutions. Empty (Share) ORIGIN ERROR FIX

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2016, 23:18

I just want to share this, i have tried all the possible fix but it didnt work

but after i renamed my install folder from "Sims 4" to "The Sims 4" the origin error didnt show anymore

thats all thanks ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 May 2016, 15:21

shaun5151 wrote:I just want to share this, i have tried all the possible fix but it didnt work

but after i renamed my install folder from "Sims 4" to "The Sims 4" the origin error didnt show anymore

thats all thanks ^_^

Welcome to the forum @shaun5151

I moved your post into this thread. Thanks for sharing this. Very Happy  Indeed, in order to get the game running, you have to have the game in a specific folder location, which also includes correct folder names. The most simple things are typically those which are overlooked most often.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:03

//EDIT

Sometimes it can also help to disconnect from the internet, before starting up The Sims 4.

//EDIT

Also, as stated in the included instructions, make sure that you move your installation folder of "The Sims 4", OUT from Electronic Arts, and directly under Program files (x86). So if your original install location is C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, then move that folder "The Sims 4" directly under Program files (x86). 

Make sure to delete all old desktop shortcuts, and create a new one, after you moved the folder under Program files (x86).

^
These helped me. Thanks. Also run it as admin when you open it. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top