Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't start game/won't work properly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

crack - Can't start game/won't work properly Empty Can't start game/won't work properly

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 22:29

I already had most of the expansion packs installed (some downloaded, some bought) and after applying the ultimate fix it all worked properly.
Suddenly I started getting a message when starting the launcher: script error, the object won't support "easy slider" (??????)
Then, when I started the game it said I had something unofficial installed and I'd better update/delete it or it would harm the game. Regardless, I could start the game but it really didn't work... I can't select a town (the names don't show up), my previous family doesn't show...
Even after updating the fix it didn't work. I uninstalled the game, deleted all the CC, etc. Re-installed the base game and seasons (from disc) and it worked fine (except for the script error which was still showing up), then I downloaded and installed "into the future", applied the ultimate fix --> got an error message that the disc was missing. installed the #crack, same as before: unofficial changes blabla game doesn't work. 

now what do I do??

Back to top Go down

crack - Can't start game/won't work properly Empty Re: Can't start game/won't work properly

Post by Sim Architect Fri 13 Mar 2015, 03:12

Welcome to the Forum!

Try renaming the "Sims 3" folder inside of your Documents to something else, then restart the game and see if the error persists.

Please let's know after.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

crack - Can't start game/won't work properly Empty Re: Can't start game/won't work properly

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 17:15

I just named it "Sims", still getting a the script-error message as well as the error that there is no disc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:22

Hi! Sorry for my delay!

Please, follow all the steps on the guide below very closely, since the error you are talking about means that your crack didn't "take in", probably because you didn't overwrite your game files (at Program Files folder) with the Ultimate Fix.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?tid=3495f30973a5145b6185508c01b68849

Let's know how it turned out, so we can give you a better assistance, and have a happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 20:18

Is it necessary to download the base game and the expansion packs when I already have them on disc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:56

No, it isn't. You can just follow the ultimate fix steps (you can find a detailed step by step tutorial HERE) and replace the necessary files AFTER installing everything. That should fix the "no disk" error.

About the script error on the launcher, it's an issue that seems to be happening with (almost) everybody, you just ignore it and you will be fine, since it should not affect your game play.

Please let us know if you got your problem solved or if you need further assistance.

Tea 5 Tea 5

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top