Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind? Empty GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind?

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 23:17

Hey everyone,
So I downloaded GTW yesterday from here, and was very excited to have it working. I was so excited I was up to the early hours of the morning playing around a little with all the new content.
But this morning when I launched TS4 the GTW content had disappeared, as well as the new neighbourhood. 
Now I did install TS4 from here as well, and followed all instructions. I also am applying the ultimate fix but I don't really know what that will achieve, since everything should be updated after I installed GTW.
If anyone can share any insight, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down

GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind? Empty Re: GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 01:34

Hi there, @alannah1510! Smile

Did you make sure that you weren't logged in Origin before starting the game? Entering a save with Origin open in the background will make all of the DLC to be removed from the game. If you had Origin open then close it, apply the folders from the Get to Work RAR again, and see if the content appears again.

Another possibility, as the content disappeared after you restarted your computer, is that your antivirus is causing some problems with the files from the game. Take a look at this topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

That should outline the basics about configuring your antivirus to work correctly with the game. If you have a different antivirus, then you'll have to look for the settings in that one yourself. After you configure it all, re-extract and copy the folders from the Get to Work RAR to the install location again. See if your problem is resolved then, and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind? Empty Re: GTW disappeared? Or am I just blind?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 03:54

Thanks, I did have Origin off and all Sims 4 and GTW files enabled under my antivirus. I managed to fix it by reverting back to just TS4 and then reinstalling GTW. It is working fine, and I even went and exited the game a few times just to make sure it wasn't disappearing again. Still not sure what went wrong but oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top