Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice from entertainment software association...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Notice from entertainment software association... Empty Notice from entertainment software association...

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 15:48

Entertainment Software Association
575 7th Street, NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20004 USA

Attention:  Intellectual Property Enforcement
Website:  http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/DMCA-FAQs-Updated-12-2014.pdf

04-16-2015 

Name: 
ISP:
ESA Reference Number:
IP Address:
Date of Infringement: 2015-04-15T21:35:41.12Z

Dear Bell Canada/Consumer:

The Entertainment Software Association ("ESA") is a trade association that represents the intellectual property interests of numerous companies that publish interactive games for video game consoles, personal computers, handheld devices and the Internet in the United States of America, in Canada, and in other countries (collectively referred to as "ESA members").  ESA is authorized by its members to act their behalf when it believes their copyright and other intellectual property rights have been infringed.

You are receiving this notice from ESA because our organization has a good faith belief that on 2015-04-15T21:35:41.12Z, the Internet access account associated with the following IP address, , was used to distribute (upload and/or download) one or more video game files in a manner that violates one or more ESA members' exclusive rights under Canadian intellectual property laws, including the Copyright Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-42, as amended.  

Specifically, information at ESA's disposal indicates that someone using this account used a peer-to-peer service or software client to distribute and/or obtain one or more infringing copies of ESA members' games, including MORTAL KOMBAT X, and Bell Canada has forwarded this notice to you because the above-referenced IP address was associated with your account on the relevant date and at the relevant time.  Additional information about acts of infringement that have been engaged in by people who were accessing the Internet using your Internet access account can be found at the bottom of this notice. 

To avoid receiving notices of infringement from ESA in the future, you may consider sharing this notice with individuals who regularly use your account to connect to the Internet, and should take steps to ensure that your network access device(s) have been adequately secured.  For more information about securing your network and removing infringing files from your computers, please review the frequently asked questions and answers found here: http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/DMCA-FAQs-Updated-12-2014.pdf

Thank you for your cooperation. 

Sincerely,

Intellectual Property Enforcement
Entertainment Software Association 
Website: http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/DMCA-FAQs-Updated-12-2014.pdf

List of infringing content
- ------------------------------
 MORTAL KOMBAT X

INFRINGEMENT DETAIL  
Infringing Work : MORTAL KOMBAT X
Filename : 3DMGAME-Mortal.Kombat.X.Premium.Edition.Update.1.Incl.DLC.and.Crack-3DM 
First found (UTC): 2015-04-15T21:35:09.11Z
Last found (UTC): 2015-04-15T21:35:41.12Z
Filesize  : 31431054867 bytes 
IP Address:
IP Port:
Network: BitTorrent
Protocol: BitTorrent   

and here i was almost 80% completed on gta5 before receiving this and immediately stopping gta5 download... affraid   
ammm...so what should i do now!?...is there anyway to avoid that while being able to download in future or am i just plainly screwed...is there some software or way around!?

Back to top Go down

Notice from entertainment software association... Empty Re: Notice from entertainment software association...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Apr 2015, 16:09

Hello,

You could google for good "VPN services". A VPN is a service which "masks" all your online activity, so that it cannot be (easily) traced back to you.

Note that you should look for a VPN that actually supports "peer-to-peer" networking (torrenting, etc.), and keep in mind too that those servies will cost a bit of money.

At that point, I can't name specific examples for VPNs (since I never had to use that, and most likely never will in the foreseeable future Very Happy ), but maybe someone else can come up with specific services. I'm sure though you can google that, too.

Some people also said that these ISP notifications are somewhat "automated", and hence can be ignored, but I wouldn't count on that. Sure, most people who merely download will never get prosecuted, but that doesn't mean it cannot happen at all. I would still be careful with that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Notice from entertainment software association... Empty Re: Notice from entertainment software association...

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 16:46

Carlos wrote:Hello,

You could google for good "VPN services". A VPN is a service which "masks" all your online activity, so that it cannot be (easily) traced back to you.

Note that you should look for a VPN that actually supports "peer-to-peer" networking (torrenting, etc.), and keep in mind too that those servies will cost a bit of money.

At that point, I can't name specific examples for VPNs (since I never had to use that, and most likely never will in the foreseeable future Very Happy ), but maybe someone else can come up with specific services. I'm sure though you can google that, too.

Some people also said that these ISP notifications are somewhat "automated", and hence can be ignored, but I wouldn't count on that. Sure, most people who merely download will never get prosecuted, but that doesn't mean it cannot happen at all. I would still be careful with that.

aiight ima look into the vpn service softwares...

but god damnit...my heart has skipped several times over since i read that email...

//EDIT

another question on this...

how reliable are sharing sitesss like uploaded.net or rapidgator or such sites (which are an alternative to torrents but at the same time it could take hours for 1 file od the bundle and days for the full bumdle to be downloaded depending on the int speed)...

how safe is downloading through those sites...that is say, x game/movie/software, that i generally would download throught torrent is not an option at the moment or not an option anymore...and if i download that same 'x' game/movie/software is there a potenntial to get caught in the very same manner as the manner in which i was caught downloading th above torrent??

thx

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:34

ashnagar1013 wrote:another question on this...

how reliable are sharing sitesss like uploaded.net or rapidgator or such sites (which are an alternative to torrents but at the same time it could take hours for 1 file od the bundle and days for the full bumdle to be downloaded depending on the int speed)...

how safe is downloading through those sites...that is say, x game/movie/software, that i generally would download throught torrent is not an option at the moment or not an option anymore...and if i download that same 'x' game/movie/software is there a potenntial to get caught in the very same manner as the manner in which i was caught downloading th above torrent??

thx

For a start, you are not likely going to find *full* games on such sites. More common are things like patches or custom content, but not full games. And even if there are full games, the download speed will be very slow (since you will be most likely using a "free" option to download, and not have a paid account; remember, someone will need to pay for the bandwidth of such downloads, hence you cannot necessarly expect to be able to download full games from such sites). 

Or you might get access to such downloads with "premium accounts" only. And should the download stop abruptly, you will need to start over, unlike with torrent downloads.

Finally, it doesn't matter technically "how" you download stuff (why should it make a difference at all...?! Smile ). If the ISP wants to get people, then the ISP will manage to do so, unless people use a (really good) VPN service. 

I would stick with torrenting still, instead of going to sites like fileupload and such.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:53

Hi there,

Those notices are sent out in some countries only, and usually they do what they have to do: scare people. I don't know anything about possible consequences, because we don't get those kind of letters here (yet?).
VPN services (NOT same as proxies) will encrypt all your internet data transfers, which means that your ISP can see that you're using bandwidth, but they can not see what you're using that bandwidth for, since it's all encrypted.
As Carlos stated, you do have to double-check whether the VPN you're using is "safe" (in terms of not storing logs) and does actually support Peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic. Check out this topic, for example: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19329-free-vpn-that-s-reliable-and-doesn-t-require-proprietary-software

Carlos wrote:For a start, you are not likely going to find *full* games on such sites. More common are things like patches or custom content, but not full games. And even if there are full games, the download speed will be very slow (since you will be most likely using a "free" option to download, and not have a paid account; remember, someone will need to pay for the bandwidth of such downloads, hence you cannot necessarly expect to be able to download full games from such sites). 

Or you might get access to such downloads with "premium accounts" only. And should the download stop abruptly, you will need to start over, unlike with torrent downloads.
Indeed, if your ISP wants to know what you're downloading, they can easily use DPI (Deep packet inspection) to find out what you're downloading.
Some websites do provide "full" downloads, but those are pretty much always split in smaller files and then uploaded to file sharing websites. (Like the Uploaded.to you mentioned, or MEGA or MediaFire for example) Sometimes those files get deleted from the file sharing website, keep that in mind too.

As for interrupting file sharing website downloads, you can use JDownloader (2.0) for that. It allows pausing and continuing on servers. Smile I personally love using JDownloader if I have to download a lot of files, with a lot of links. Just select the link, and it'll automatically import them in JDownloader. Easy as that.

P.S. Keep in mind that GTA V for PC has not yet been cracked, and probably won't be any time soon. All downloads out there currently, are either password protected (= FAKE), not working (no crack, for example) or virus-infected!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top