Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 2 My Neighbourhood has reset?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 2 My Neighbourhood has reset?!? Empty SIMS 2 My Neighbourhood has reset?!?

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 18:03

Hello,

I think this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't.

I'm playing Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 8. No problems for the few months I've used it.

Played absolutely fine yesterday but today when I went on it was being really slow. I thought it was just because my laptop was in need of a reboot so sent sims back from Bluewater Village so I could safely save and quit. No problems.

Restarted laptop, reopened The Sims and went into the Veronaville neighbourhood and it seemed to have completely reset. The tutorial started to open up, and the only houses there were the original ones. There were no families in the bin at all.

I didn't delete any folders whilst playing the first time. I've gone into the EA folder in My Documents, and the Lot Catalog subfolder was last modified at the time of the safe save game (16:30) but the Neighborhood folder was last modified when it opened up and had reset (16:47).

Any ideas on how I can recover?

Back to top Go down

SIMS 2 My Neighbourhood has reset?!? Empty Re: SIMS 2 My Neighbourhood has reset?!?

Post by Sim Architect Mon 01 Jun 2015, 16:19

Sorry to hear that. Can you open the "latest before the last" save / backup properly? Before running the game again, please, make a copy of your entire Sims 2 folder (inside of your Documents folder, where the saves are), just in case the game wants to act up and overwrite anything further...

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male