Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Empty A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 17:26

First topic message reminder :

Hello, I'm writing a post here to help out those who may want to install the Sims 4 on Mac.
Results may vary depending on the version of your mac.

Before Installation:
1) Get Wineskin Winery for Mac. 
2) Get The Sims 4 PC version on G4TW here. 

Installation for WINE:
A Wine Wrapper is what we call the application created using wineskin winery. It is the "Application" that will store all the PC files of the game within.
1) Download and Install Wineskin Winery on Mac (Instructions on the wine site)
2) Open Wineskin Winery.
3) Located at the bottom, "Create New Blank Wrapper" (Make sure everything is updated!)

A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen16

4) Name your Wrapper anything (The Sims 4, in this case)
5) Let it run and when finished – click Show in Finder.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen19
6) Drag Wrapper to Desktop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation for The Sims 4:
1) Once you have your wrapper you can install TS4
2) Double click on the wrapper.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen17
3) Choose Install Software –> Choose Setup Executable.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen20
4) Locate your setup.exe for TS4
5) Install The Sims 4 like you would on PC into drive c:/Program Files/The Sims 4
6) There is no need to install vcrun at the end if prompt since Wine provides it.
7) When a window pops up and asks which .exe to run from choose TS4.exe
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen18
8 ) Close everything and you have your base game!
9) You can play the game like a normal app (no crack yet, see below on how to apply)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applying Crack (Only Applicable if game not cracked):
1) Right-click wrapper – Show package content
2) There will be a shortcut drive c:/, double click inside.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen11
3) drive c:/Program Files/The Sims 4
4) Here is the 'directory' of the game.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen14
5) Continue to, Game/Bin/ and paste the crack downloaded at G4TW here.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen21
6) Replace everything.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen22

From this point on, you can play the base game like you would on PC but on Mac. Enjoy!!
Applying DLC + Addons:
This method applies for any DLC, Addons, Updates.

Before applying anything, Please check the following:

a) Does the download come with any type of setup.exe? If yes, go to 1a). If not, proceed to b).
b) Does the download come with multiple folders with NO .exe? If yes, go to 2a). If not you need to screenshot what exactly is in the download.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen24 This is an example of no .exe. (Keep in mind, setup.exe appears usually in first folder)

Use the Wrapper you made for TS4. It should be an application that contains all your TS4 files.
1a) Right-click wrapper (TS4 Wrapper/Application) – Show package content
1b) Double-Click Wineskin
1c) Choose Install Software –> Choose Setup Executable.
1d) Locate your DLC/Addon setup.exe (may be named something else but simply locate .exe file).
1e) Install the DLC/Addon through setup and complete.
1f) Wrapper may pop-up with "No executable found". Which is fine as long as TS4.exe is selected.
1g) Close Wine and proceed to 3a).

=================================
2a) Right-click wrapper – Show package content
2b) There will be a shortcut drive c:/, double click inside.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen11
2c) drive c:/Program Files/The Sims 4
       2d.01) (This part is a bit tedious OR NOT)
2d) Here is the 'directory' of the game.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen14
2e) Leave the directory open. Press Command + N to open a new finders window.
2f) Locate the downloaded files and have two finders window side by side.
       2f.01) "hold down the Option key as you drag-and-drop a folder into the same location." - It will give an option to merge files. *Please note this isn't really the best method as sometimes Mac doesn't do so good in merging. But if you think it's manageable then go ahead*.
2g) *This part is important* You MUST copy and paste all the files WITHIN the folder to the corresponding folder (e.g. EP01 -> EP01, GP01 -> GP01). Because Mac has NO Copy and Merge folders.
2h) ALWAYS CHECK WITHIN FOLDERS FOR FILES or else you may replace important files if you just copy and replace every folder. **You may get start up errors if you replace a folder with the base game files.
A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Screen25 (noticed here I did not copy the folder, but only the files to guarantee I won't miss important files within that folder.)

2i) After a long tedious copy and pasting into the right folders, proceed to 3a).

=================================
This part I've tested and succeeded to allow DLC/Addons to be added up to 4-5 gameplays:
3a) Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.
3b) Click on Firewall tab -> Unlock at left bottom to allow changes.
3c) Turn on Firewall and Close.
3d) Run TS4, and quickly block any connection trying to come through (including Wine).
3e) Enjoy!

***Side note: You may leave firewall on or off depending on your choice. There is no harm in having firewall on at all. The only reason why firewall should be turned on when playing is to block Origin from connecting to TS4 somehow and therefore taking away your DLC/Addons (Base game will remain).

Mod edit: topic title clarified.

- Carlos

Admin edit: Made Sticky.

- ADMIN

Last edited by wataru2 on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 00:49; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Empty Problem

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:38

MelissJ wrote:Thanks for the guide! But I have one problem. I played the game once, it worked perfect! Then i quit the game and now it wouldn't start again. When I click on the Wineskin button 'Sims 4' nothing happend. Did I do anything wrong?
 I have the same problem Sad What we can do to solve this? 
I want to change language too. I want it in Spanish.
Thanks for support!

Back to top Go down

A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Empty Re: A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE.

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 15:20

pekeflow wrote:
MelissJ wrote:Thanks for the guide! But I have one problem. I played the game once, it worked perfect! Then i quit the game and now it wouldn't start again. When I click on the Wineskin button 'Sims 4' nothing happend. Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks for support!

Have you tried removing the 'Sims 4' folder from your documents? You can temporarily change the name of the folder or move it somewhere else to keep your savegame. If the game does run without the folder then you could start putting back your files in the folder in order to figure out what's corrupting the game.

If this doesn't help then I personally don't know any other solution. Succes!

Back to top Go down

A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE. - Page 3 Empty Re: A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE.

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 20:41

Nynke_B wrote:
pekeflow wrote:
Thanks for support!

Have you tried removing the 'Sims 4' folder from your documents? You can temporarily change the name of the folder or move it somewhere else to keep your savegame. If the game does run without the folder then you could start putting back your files in the folder in order to figure out what's corrupting the game.

If this doesn't help then I personally don't know any other solution. Succes!
Thanks for your help Smile I solved it, I forgot one step Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 23:29

Hey hello,

I have been trying to install the sims 4 + get to work + the ultimate fix all day long and I can't get it to work. 

I must be doing something wrong with the copy + pasting part of GTW and the ultimate crack, because the base game runs perfectly.

So here's what I have been doing: (the base game is already installed under a wrapper)
1. First I open "the sims 4 get to work" folder and I copy all those files and replace them with the base game files.
2. Then I open the "ultimate fix folder" and I do exactly the same thing, just copying all those folders in there and replace them with the ones in the base game folder

The game doesn't start. 

So I obviously understand I could possibly have been replacing some important base game files, so then I tried to instead of just replace the whole folder - merge the folders...

But the games doesn't start either when I do that.

So what am I doing wrong? I don't get a pop-up when I click the wrapper, I get nothing. 

I hope someone can help me -

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:54

N0werr wrote:Hey hello,

I have been trying to install the sims 4 + get to work + the ultimate fix all day long and I can't get it to work. 

I must be doing something wrong with the copy + pasting part of GTW and the ultimate crack, because the base game runs perfectly.

So here's what I have been doing: (the base game is already installed under a wrapper)
1. First I open "the sims 4 get to work" folder and I copy all those files and replace them with the base game files.
2. Then I open the "ultimate fix folder" and I do exactly the same thing, just copying all those folders in there and replace them with the ones in the base game folder

The game doesn't start. 

So I obviously understand I could possibly have been replacing some important base game files, so then I tried to instead of just replace the whole folder - merge the folders...

So what am I doing wrong? I don't get a pop-up when I click the wrapper, I get nothing. 

Make sure you copy the files inside the folders, instead of just the folders themselves! If you would copy the folders you will overwrite some crucial files that were originally in the base game folders. It costs 10 minutes of work and it will only get more tedious when more packs launch, but it's definitely worth it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:45

Nynke_B wrote:
N0werr wrote:Hey hello,

The game doesn't start. 

Make sure you copy the files inside the folders, instead of just the folders themselves! If you would copy the folders you will overwrite some crucial files that were originally in the base game folders. It costs 10 minutes of work and it will only get more tedious when more packs launch, but it's definitely worth it!

He, thanks! Did not quite get that step, haha. But it worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 17:14

N0werr wrote:He, thanks! Did not quite get that step, haha. But it worked!

Happy to help!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 00:51

i did all the steps for adding the ultimate fix but it just won't run Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Oct 2015, 07:10

Hi guys,
So I followed all of the steps and added the Ultimate Fix and I got the Origin error. So then I installed origin (It wasn't installed on my Mac at all) through Wineskin on .exe. It started up almost perfectly until it showed the EA first part and then quits and says that Origin had an unexpected error and then goes to a black screen and is just blank. So now I'm stumped on what to do next. If anyone has any suggestions or has a solution to this it would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Oct 2015, 02:19

Dear Mac OS users,

Please note that Games4theworld can neither endorse the guide posted by the OP (@wataru2) nor fully verify it. But as some users had success with this method, I will leave this thread as a "Sticky" - for the moment.

Consequently, this means that the team of Games4theworld cannot give any support whatsoever about The Sims 4 on Mac OS. Take the guide by the OP as it is please. Another post that may be useful for you can be found here.

If anything is still unclear, you may post your questions about TS4 in our Mac Support section, HOWEVER, you should not necessarily expect an answer from a Games4theworld team member (Helper, Moderator, Administrator) as - again - Games4theworld does not endorse any of the guides on TS4 + WINE that were posted recently. 

We will continue looking for alternatives, but in the event that you need further help, please consult other sources than Games4theworld for your concerns. There is no point in us giving support on things that we cannot confirm as 100% working and stable. Smile

We apologize for any inconveniences. The topic in now closed. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top