Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED] Empty [Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 17:31

I did a restore on my laptop, so now i'm trying to redownload and install malwarebytes. 
It's fine with installing it, but after i activate it with the id and key given in the installation guide, i updated the version and the premium license broke. 
Okay i'm not really making sense to myself.

1. I installed malwarebytes.
2. Following the instruction in the installation guide, i activated malwarebytes premium.
3. I updated the software and the premium license broke.
4. I can't activate it anymore unless i reinstall the version i downloaded off g4tw.

Back to top Go down

[Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED] Empty Re: [Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 07 Aug 2015, 20:23

Hello there,

You generally should NOT update torrented software.
Can you double-check whether you updated the software or the software's signature database? You can update the database safely.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

[Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED] Empty Re: [Updating Issue] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2015, 08:13

Yeah. I tried to update the database but it isn't letting me update it for some reason unless i update the version of the software. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, same results.

EDIT: Thank you for the response, i managed to update the version and the database by following the following steps. 

unknown wrote:Step 2: Disconnect from internet and install and enter the keys provided. it should be activated and you’ll notice that it is home premium now.
Step 3: Connect to the internet and check for updates and click on update now, you’ll get a notification that the latest version of the software is ready to be installed.
Step 4: Disconnect from the internet and install the latest version and it’ll automatically be converted to the premium version.
Step 5: Connect to the internet and enjoy using the premium version of the latest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Aug 2015, 15:05

Hi again,

That's good news! Thank you for sharing your fix with us, I'll open a new "Fix" topic for it, in case anyone else runs into the same issue in the future.

Enjoy the program! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top