Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2? Empty Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2?

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 04:46

Just curious because I really want the game.

Back to top Go down

Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2? Empty Re: Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Aug 2015, 09:01

Hello,

Well, there have been many problems in the past with the TS2 release, but we can consider giving it another go. We've all gained tons of experience after all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2? Empty Re: Any headway on the re-release of The Sims 2?

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 16:07

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Well, there have been many problems in the past with the TS2 release, but we can consider giving it another go. We've all gained tons of experience after all.

It'd be awesome if you guys could do it Smile No pressure of course, I'm sure you've got a million other things to do. Thanks for responding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 14 Aug 2015, 23:03

Hi,

Yes, it is actually on the to-do list, but you know. Life. Time.
It'll get there eventually...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Aug 2015, 02:50

taebaby131 wrote:Just curious because I really want the game.

Hello,

Not just you. Smile  I'm sure that a lot of people would love to play (again) The Sims 2. However, as Lady ElDi already hinted here: 

Lady ElDi wrote:
Well, there have been many problems in the past with the TS2 release,

There are several issues to take into account, which I will briefly dwell on here. I myself downloaded 2 different "collections" of The Sims 2 + expansions. The first was from an uploader on Piratebay back then, and was labelled "TS2 Double Deluxe & Expansions" from an uploader named "XP1", if I recall correctly.

The second one seems to be taken from ISO-rips, from the legit discs. I think this one was from the uploader "KHAOS-industries".

The basic problem is with the installation on the recent Windows systems. As for the Khaos-release, I did not manage to get it running on a Windows 8 system. Whenever you install an expansion to the base game, it prompts you to update the game and to "insert disc 1". And of course, if you mount the .ISO then, it is not recognized as legit.
Concerning the other release from XP1, I once managed to install it on my Windows 7 system, but I haven't tried it on Windows 8. I also suspect that the one from XP1 is in a way "modified", so as to make the installation on recent Windows systems possible.

I did some research, and there seem to be ways to get these games installed and running on Windows 8 too, but these procedures are... "difficult", and I believe that a modified "all-in-one" installer may be the better way to go for G4TW. But we will need to see. 

Another dimension of complexity is the release of Windows 10 now, which we would also need to take into account in any pre-release testing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top