Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 05:08

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so stay with me on this one. I have read a lot on these forums of how to fix problems with The Sims 4, and all of them have worked so for. So thank you everyone at this point already!

I already knew how to use the Winery to wrap windows games and run them. Basically for everyone who does not know this, you have the .APP for the mac, inside the .APP that the winery makes, you have your C: drive which you would normally find in windows. Inside of course you have "program files" in which TS4 is installed inside of "Electronic Arts".

So after wrapping and installing TS4, it runs perfectly on my mac! opens fine, graphics are fine, no glitches. [TS4 installed here is the one downloaded from Games4theworld]

I was even able to download Games4theworld's "Get to Work" expansion and install that! Game still opened and worked perfectly!

I then downloaded Game4theworld's Ultimate fix "version 1.3.32.1010" (the one with the outdoor retreat and holiday celebration). This is when I first started having the problems. The game started saying "Origin not Running" blah blah blah. So that is when I came onto the forums and started reading. I reaaaalllly wanted the bear costumes. So I read that you needed to move your "The Sims 4" folder out of the "Electronic Arts" folder. So I did that, then changed my .EXE location in my Wine Wrapper. ANNNNDDD! We were Gucci. Everything was great. Game started running perfectly again, no bugs.

So here is the real big problem. I am now trying to install the newest fix. Version 1.10.57.1020 (the one with all the expansions and add-ons). So I installed it and then I kept getting "Origin isnt running". So I thought that my previous fix and expansion was getting in the way. I uninstalled it and started from scratch. Base game installed, then installed the latest fix. Same thing though, "Origin not running". 

Welp now time to go back to the forums! The problem is, that everyone's fix on this matter is for the windows defender and anti-virus softwares. The problem with this is obviously, I am on a Mac, and don't have any of these things. I found an instruction on the forums by wataru2 [Hopefully just saying his name tags him here?plx help]

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20524-a-guide-on-how-to-install-the-sims-4-addons-dlc-on-mac-using-wine?highlight=the+sims+4+ultimate+fix

I have read everyone's posts in that thread, and tried them (installing TS4 - then GTW - then the fix). And of course doing what wataru2 said at the end of his tut to "Deny" the connection through your firewall. Unfortunately still not working, still getting "Origin not running".

If anyone has any amazing ideas, you will be a God

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2016, 02:07

Hey guys, I got as far as this but now it's telling me to "Please update your game via Origin to play."

I can't seem to find anyone else addressing this in the forums... have any of you encountered it?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2016, 08:56

sufferagette wrote:Hey guys, I got as far as this but now it's telling me to "Please update your game via Origin to play."

I can't seem to find anyone else addressing this in the forums... have any of you encountered it?

Thanks!
Alright, the solution should be pretty simple.
Just go into your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and delete the file called "GameVersion.txt".

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2016, 00:04

Alright, so now I have this new problem.. I've got everything installed just in the way that is explained perfectly fine. 
But when I start the game and get the: "Origin has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." message, the game just won't start! 
If I just ignore the message, nothing happens.. If I mouse click "Close" or simply press Enter, the program REALLY closes!! 

So what should I do? Have followed everything you guys put in links at this forum, but just can't get it together!

Please help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 11:49

angellion wrote:Hello,

So i am running into the same issues but i have a different ending:

- Base game + get to work launches, no problem
- Installing get together + the ultimate fix causes the origin message. Game doesn't launch
- I did install origin (oldest version of the installer, I found it myself but I assume that's the same as the one posted above)
- The game launches after the origin error message, I can play.

Except : ALL THE PACKS and EXPANSIONS are not there. I cannot load any of the extra content, I am told that I don't have it.

Anyone else having this issue? Can you please confirm that when you do the origin install trick, you are supposed to have everything?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have the exact same problem! Did you find a solution for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 03:01

Having the same issue that @zappster was having before they got it working. I've tried the Origin installation trick, but it just says that it cannot install (no executable?) and quits. 

As for the error saying that you need Windows 7 to install Origins, just open up Wineskin from inside the wrapper, go to Advanced, Tools, Config Utility. At the bottom of that window you can set which release of Windows to use. I selected Windows 7 and stopped getting the error. 

However, still not able to install it due to "no executable". Sad

edit: Downloaded a Legacy version of Origin and got it to install with the expected "Origin had to close" issue. Started game. Still not showing expansion content except for the UI updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 09:58

My Sims 4 is telling me to Run the sims 4 as administrator if it was my first time playing..obvi can't do that bc I'm on a mac...help!! This is after I installed city living and my old wrapper wouldn't even open so now I've made a new wrapper and re-done everything and even tried turning on the firewall but it hasn't worked so far help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 21:41

uRabbit wrote:Having the same issue that @zappster was having before they got it working. I've tried the Origin installation trick, but it just says that it cannot install (no executable?) and quits. 

As for the error saying that you need Windows 7 to install Origins, just open up Wineskin from inside the wrapper, go to Advanced, Tools, Config Utility. At the bottom of that window you can set which release of Windows to use. I selected Windows 7 and stopped getting the error. 

However, still not able to install it due to "no executable". Sad

edit: Downloaded a Legacy version of Origin and got it to install with the expected "Origin had to close" issue. Started game. Still not showing expansion content except for the UI updates.
Can you link me the Legacy version, maybe I can try it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:49

sohviizz wrote:
angellion wrote:Hello,

So i am running into the same issues but i have a different ending:

- Base game + get to work launches, no problem
- Installing get together + the ultimate fix causes the origin message. Game doesn't launch
- I did install origin (oldest version of the installer, I found it myself but I assume that's the same as the one posted above)
- The game launches after the origin error message, I can play.

Except : ALL THE PACKS and EXPANSIONS are not there. I cannot load any of the extra content, I am told that I don't have it.

Anyone else having this issue? Can you please confirm that when you do the origin install trick, you are supposed to have everything?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have the exact same problem! Did you find a solution for this?

What Macs do you guys have? I'm using a Macbook Air and all the packs aren't working on my laptop. But when I copied the wrapper on my friend's Pro, it showed. I think it's because of my laptop. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Mar 2017, 02:04

Hey, I followed the first step here, but I don't have the same directory so I don't know how to add the DLCs. Also tried installing the base game + ultimate fix but it won't work. Can anybody help me? I want to add the base game and DLCs. Thanks a ton!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 00:21

zappster wrote:Oh my god, oh my god!! I got it working!!! A little hassle but this is what I did:

1. Download EXE (take note, not DMG) installer from Origin.
2. Right-click your Sims 4 wrapper and then click Show Package Content.
3. Double-click Wineskin.
4. Click Install Software.
5. Click Choose Setup Executable and the locate the Origin EXE file you downloaded.
6. Let it install. If there's an error that says Origin had to close bla bla bla, just click CLOSE.
7. Wait for the Wine window to show up, that means Origin was installed.
8. Double-click your Sims 4 wrapper and hit Enter once an error about origin needing to close shows up again.
9. Play the game!!

At first when I didn't get to hit enter and I opted to click CLOSE using my trackpad, the game opened in a windowed format but was really small. As in, 5x5-pixel small. But when I just used enter on my keyboard, it went on to the usual game.

My only problem is that my old game didn't load.

Also, I tried closing the game and opening it a gain a couple of times and it still worked.

I made a new game, closed the game, opened it again, and the new game was still there.

I hope I was of help!! Smile

This is the only thing that got my game running. Some items aren't showing up in Build Mode but it's another success story for the Origin error and this post on a Mac... and an old stupid Mac at that (2010 desktop on the verge of giving in).

ETA: I can't find a solution to the missing expansions. Has anyone "solved the unsolvable?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 01:20

It used to work for me, but now that there's the toddler update, I always get the Origin error after I install that. Works fine until City Living, though. I've tried installing the legacy version of Origin and updating it using newer files, which gets Origin working, but doesn't solve my Origin error problem anymore Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:10

hello everyone,

firstt, sorry for my bad english, i hope u all can understand what i mean, i'm not a native speak.

FYI, i'm using
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

and i already install WINESKIN WRAPPER & download all The Sims 4 file include Ultimate fix, and i already follow all instruction from G4TW, but i still have an error and i can't play The Sims 4.

i have windows parallel, but i don't want play in there, i'm so hopefully to play The Sims 4 on my mac not using window parallel.

so my problems is (take a look at picture i sent) everytime i launch The Sims 4 using my wrapper this always pop up

please help, i'm so desprated to play The Sims 4 on my mac

thanks

The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper - Page 2 Img20112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top