Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED] Empty This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 22:39

So I've had the Windows is not genuine error a few times. I'd say about 4 or 5. It all began after I (stupidly) tried to upgrade to Windows 10. For the first 2 or 3 I did the go to answer on google, open cmd and do SLMGR -REARM. Each instance was no more than 2 months apart, just long enough I'd forget about it and move on. On try number 4 as you might already know cmd said I've maxed out on rearms. So this time I find out how to make the problem go away permanently. Turns out it was an update installed when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10. KB971033 if I remember correctly. So I remove that update, tell windows it's no longer allowed to update without my permission, and rearm again.

Fast forward to a little less than 2 weeks ago when my computer has suddenly decided it won't turn on the screensaver, turn off the display, or go to sleep. This has happened a few times in the past and it's always righted itself on its own. It hasn't. It's still happening.

Fast forward to yesterday. I decided to defrag my computer using the windows defrag tool. It was over in less than 20 minutes and not much happened. So I decided to use WiseCare (which I've used before) to defrag. Again, over in less than 20 minutes. I then made what I'm pretty sure is the tipping point of bad life choices so far and decided to use the defrag registry. No big deal, it's done in 30 minutes or so.

About 12 hours or so later while I'm in the middle of some Web browsing and file downloading I get the "Windows is not genuine" error. It's weird already for 2 reasons, every time it's happened before it's been when I first turned the computer on after shutting down (I haven't so much as restarted in a couple days) and the update that's supposed to cause it isn't installed and windows isn't allowed to update on its own. So I figure, fine I'll rearm again. That doesn't work. I go and check for the update and surprise surprise it's not there. Rearm again.

Something that happened when I removed update KB971033 is the "Windows 10 has failed to install" had disappeared from my Windows update page. It then said something about Windows 10 now being available and I should download it.

Oddly enough the "Windows 10 has failed to install" message is back, but update KB971033 is still gone.

So now I rearm again. Why not? It still doesn't help. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to reinstall windows 7, but I don't have anywhere to backup my files and a lot of them are irreplaceable. So as a last ditch effort I decide to do a system restore. Lucky enough for me there's one from Friday. So I system restore. It goes through the motions surprisingly fast. When it comes back on, the problem is still present and it hasn't restored. Instead it gives me an error and says to turn off my Antivirus. I do that and try again. Doesn't work.

I go look it up. Someone says there's probably some corrupt files somewhere run the cmd and look for it. So I do. Cmd says it found some stuff and some of it it can't fix so go check the log. I go check the log. Access denied! Someone says run the system restore in safe mode. I do. It takes quite some time to complete and when it does it actually restored! This, however has not fixed my Windows is not genuine error. As a last ditch effort I rearm again. Still nothing.

At this point I'm completely out of options. I really can't reinstall because I can't save my files anywhere. I'm posting this here because my copy of Windows 7 is a G4W download and I figure if anyone can help you guys can.

Back to top Go down

This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED] Empty Re: This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Dec 2015, 12:26

Hello,

I'm also experiencing myself some issues lately, with Windows 7. It seems that one fairly recent update (can't tell which one exactly) caused the OS to ignore all hacks/loaders and whatnot.

I am still in the process of testing new activators (the old ones don't seem to work anymore); feel free to stay tuned for more on this soon. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED] Empty Re: This Copy of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 00:11

I was sifting through some of your topics on similar issues and found a lot of mention of activators. Everyone's links were dead so I went through the Win7 iso and found the activators in there, extracted them and used the first one. It was over in a couple minutes and so far so good.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Dec 2015, 01:48

theLilyBird wrote:(...) so I went through the Win7 iso and found the activators in there, extracted them and used the first one. It was over in a couple minutes and so far so good.

I forgot to mention before that I have my Windows 7 fully updated, and that's the reason why the old activators didn't work for me. Smile 

You will need to disable Windows updates, for the moment. Because if you do update, the activation will be overridden.

I have not had the time yet to test any of the new activators, that are found on the torrent networks, since I am mainly working on some other projects for the forum (like The Sims 2). Feel free to check back later this week on here though !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 08 Dec 2015, 22:25

Hi there,

The Activators usually block one specific Windows update, can't tell which one it is from the top of my head.
Maybe getting rid of this specific update (KBxxxxxxxx) and then applying the Activator fixes the issue. Make sure to always remove old Activators first, then restart your PC and do the new activation. Oh, and of course "Hide" the Windows update in question, to prevent it from auto-updating again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Dec 2015, 18:46

Sorry for the late reply,

I ended up deleting a "problematic" Windows update (the one named "KB971033"). After which I applied one of the activators that the Admin once posted somewhere. And it seemed to work again for me. Very Happy

Though I'm still reluctant about downloading more updates for Windows...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 18:47

Carlos wrote:Though I'm still reluctant about downloading more updates for Windows...
You should be OK, as long as that/those problematic updates are set to "Hidden".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Dec 2015, 21:18

Admin wrote:You should be OK, as long as that/those problematic updates are set to "Hidden".

I'm not so much worried about those updates that are 'known' to cause issues. What I'm more concerned about are possible future updates, or updates which I haven't installed yet, that can break the activation again...

:DedicatedToLorilihim

//EDIT

I guess I will just do a bit of googling then, if a future update really breaks the activation.  Haters gonna hate Very Happy

//EDIT

Since the OP's problem seems solved, I will close the thread now. Smile  Feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again, @theLilybird.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top