Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 15:57

When the game opens the only option to play the game is "Learn To Play" and then just options for learning. 

Although, even if I pick one of these options to learn how to play the game when it enters a loading screen there is a message that pops up that says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." and then it closes.

Also, not sure if its supposed to (not that it matters since I can't play right now) but the game always opens in a window and not full screen

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED] BQb7N5M

Back to top Go down

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Dec 2015, 17:03

oswordo wrote:When the game opens the only option to play the game is "Learn To Play" and then just options for learning. 

Although, even if I pick one of these options to learn how to play the game when it enters a loading screen there is a message that pops up that says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." and then it closes.

Also, not sure if its supposed to (not that it matters since I can't play right now) but the game always opens in a window and not full screen

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED] BQb7N5M

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You should at first navigate to the appropriate section in your System Control Panel. 

Control Panel/System/Advanced (tab)/Performance/Settings/Data Execution Prevention

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED] Manual_DEP

Click on "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those that I select". Then click on "Add". Now navigate to the executable of the game, which is located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Pet Stories\TSBin. Select the SimsPS.exe file, and confirm. If done correctly, the SimsPS.exe should show up in the screen that is shown above, and you should then click on Apply, then on OK. 

Then try the game again. Good luck !

I think you can edit the game's properties about the windowed/fullscreen without going into the in-game options menu, too. But it would be much easier, to do it from within the game. So see if you can load into it, and then enter the options menu, once the game loads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Pet Stories Not Working & Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 17:43

I did it and unfortunately I'm still having the same problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Dec 2015, 18:06

oswordo wrote:I did it and unfortunately I'm still having the same problems.

See this post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21893-sims-pet-stories-problem-solved#147139

Besides that, have you also tried running the game in compatibility mode, for an earlier Windows OS ? What about running it as Administrator ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 18:18

I ran as admin and it worked, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 21 Dec 2015, 18:31

Hi there,

Glad to hear that running as an Administrator did the trick!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need help again. Wink The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top