Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum On Tapatalk ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum On Tapatalk ? Empty Forum On Tapatalk ?

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 08:35

Is there any possibility of this form being put on Tapatalk soon?

Back to top Go down

Forum On Tapatalk ? Empty Re: Forum On Tapatalk ?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Dec 2015, 09:07

Mjc65 wrote:Is there any possibility of this form being put on Tapatalk soon?

//MOVED

Hello,

I moved your topic from "Requests" to our Suggestion box. Smile  While this is more for Admins to discuss about, I'm not even sure how optimized Forumotion's forums are, for mobile devices. 

I would actually prefer other methods of "drawing attention" to the forum, like maybe a more regular forum newsletter for instance. And we also have an FB page here, which functions in the same manner as the forum (people can post their help requests, suggestions & also criticism there).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 27 Dec 2015, 00:40

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion!
I didn't know what it was, so I checked it out. It looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately the (free) Forum host we use, is very limited in the options it provides us. I'm afraid it's not possible to install that phpBB plugin on this Forum, because there is simply no option to add extensions.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jan 2016, 11:37

cant you guys maybe switch to vbulletin
and use google adsense to fund it or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Jan 2016, 13:30

Mjc65 wrote:cant you guys maybe switch to vbulletin
and use google adsense to fund it or something?

That issue would be a totally different one, but I'll give my thoughts here too. Smile

There is commercial forum software such as XenForo, vBulletin and the "real" phpBB; Forumotion here uses a modified version of phpBB. But unless you can actually transfer or export the entire database of a Forumotion forum (posts, user accounts, settings, etc.), which I don't know if it's even possible, then it's a shame to lose all the old stuff in my opinion.

The next thing is finance. I'm guessing that in Google's AdSense - as well as elsewhere - people will need to actually CLICK on those ads, to bring some money in ? If so, I can "assure" you that most people use adblockers these days, for better or worse. Donations aren't a reliable way to bring money in, either.

One other thing that is often underestimated: if you have your Forum on Forumotion, there is no need for any special server maintenance, as all of this is done by Forumotion.

There are advantages of using commercial forum software for sure, but at the moment, my opinion is that the disadvantages of "switching elsewhere" are bigger than the advantages that you can gain of it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top