Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Castaway Stories: After the story (more residential lots).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Castaway Stories: After the story (more residential lots). Empty The Sims Castaway Stories: After the story (more residential lots).

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 28 Dec 2015, 11:35

Hello,

So, you've finished the story line on "The Sims: Castaway Stories" and you want to keep playing the Sim that you just got through all 24 chapters. But then, it turns out that your home is rather small. So you're thinking of moving out. Maybe start a new lot. And you have a look at the neighbourhood to see what else is available.
Ah darn it! That's a real bummer. There are.... surprisingly few residential lots. And what's worse, they're all taken. How will your Sim be able to raise a family? Or any other Sim, for that matter.

Well I was just as bummed out as you are at this point. You can solve this problem though, with just a little effort. It's not difficult, and I'm going to tell you how it's done.

Disclaimer: I have tested this and it works. But! If you plan to play the story again, or anyone else in your household, it's probably best to make these changes only when you're sure you're done with the story. I doubt the story will still work properly after you've messed with the lot zoning. In any case, save a backup of the original file before making any changes!

Ok here we go. First, you'll need SimPE. Download it now and open the program after it has been installed.
Now, lets have a look at my screenshot. Note the purple circles Wink

The Sims Castaway Stories: After the story (more residential lots). Scas11

Start by opening the file as shown at the top of the screenshot.
Find "Lot description" on the left hand side and click it.
You'll get a list of all the lots in the game, as shown in the screenshot.
Pick a lot, and look to the bottom of the screen for the lot type. Change it.
Click on the next one and you'll be prompted to save your changes.
Make all your changes, save and exit SimPE.
Start the game and enjoy!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)