Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED] Empty Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 04:16

Hi, I'm hoping maybe someone can help me.  I recently had to reinstall windows.  I installed photoshop cs6.  I had it installed on my previous windows before and never had any problems.  The installation wen't fine, it ran fine , no problems.  I turned off my computer for the night as I always did.  I tried opening photoshop and it just won't open.  I thought it was a corrupted installation, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine.  It will work fine as long as the computer is on but once it restarts or is shut down and then restarted, it just won't open.  I never had this problem before. An help is  greatly appreciated, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Jan 2016, 04:28

Jadeskyee wrote:Hi, I'm hoping maybe someone can help me.  I recently had to reinstall windows.  I installed photoshop cs6.  I had it installed on my previous windows before and never had any problems.  The installation wen't fine, it ran fine , no problems.  I turned off my computer for the night as I always did.  I tried opening photoshop and it just won't open.  I thought it was a corrupted installation, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine.  It will work fine as long as the computer is on but once it restarts or is shut down and then restarted, it just won't open.  I never had this problem before. An help is  greatly appreciated, thanks.

//MOVED

Hello,

I moved your post to the correct section. Smile  The "PC Downloads Support" is intended for question related to G4TW-releases. Questions about non-G4TW stuff should be posted in the "Software" section.

Back to topic. What is the Windows version on the computer that is giving you these Photoshop problems ? Windows 7, 8 or 10 ? If it's Windows 10, pay attention to the built-in Windows Defender. It can't be turned off directly, and you will need to add your Photoshop-program to the exclusions there.

Also, did you check any installation guides included in the download ? Oftentimes, these types of programs need to be blocked in the Windows firewall, because allowing the (pirated) program to connect to the internet can render the program useless.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Photoshop CS6 won't open after computer restarts. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jan 2016, 23:03

Hi there,

Yes, indeed. Especially (Adobe) Photoshop software. You probably have to add the registration server IPs to your Windows HOSTS file. This is most likely explained in the included installation guide.
After that there's no harm in adding all the software's .exe files to your Firewall's exceptions list.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 23:38

Hi, its for windows 7.  The odd thing is before I reinstalled windows, I didn't have any problems at all.  Photoshop works fine once its first installed but once the computer restarts, it stops working.  I'm using the same download I always used (I have it backed up on an external hard drive) The only instructions were to copy the dll files over after photoshop was installed.  I'll try adding the exe to my firewall.  Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jan 2016, 23:42

Jadeskyee wrote:Hi, its for windows 7.  The odd thing is before I reinstalled windows, I didn't have any problems at all.  Photoshop works fine once its first installed but once the computer restarts, it stops working.  I'm using the same download I always used (I have it backed up on an external hard drive) The only instructions were to copy the dll files over after photoshop was installed.  I'll try adding the exe to my firewall.  Thanks for your help.
Hi again,

Not sure if adding now will help, because the damage has already been done.
But we can try several things. I myself use Photoshop CC 2015.
The program doesn't open at all? No errors or anything? Try opening it via: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 6\Photoshop.exe (Run as Administrator)

If the above didn't work either, can you kindly PM me the link to the download you used?
In the worst case you can try installing another version. Like the one I have, for example.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 00:08

Admin wrote:I myself use Photoshop CC 2015.

I'm still using the "CS4 Extended" version from...2008 or so ? That one is still good enough for me. Very Happy  Though on that one, I also had to add server names to the hosts-file. However, many uploaders provide batch files which you simply need to run, and they will add these entries automatically for you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 02:56

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.  I wouldn't have thought to add it to my anti-virus if you didn't suggest it since I never had to do it before.  I noticed the dll file would disappear when i tried starting photoshop.  I copied the original dll file back, disabled avast and photoshop started.  Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 05:24

Jadeskyee wrote:Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.  I wouldn't have thought to add it to my anti-virus if you didn't suggest it since I never had to do it before.  I noticed the dll file would disappear when i tried starting photoshop.  I copied the original dll file back, disabled avast and photoshop started.  Thank you so much.

You're welcome, and good to hear you managed to sort it out. Very Happy  Indeed, most modern pirated games & software are detected as virusses these days. Microsoft and anti-virus companies of course are focussing more and more on pirated stuff, but when it comes to real virusses or malware, you can ditch most of these "security software programs".

Feel free to get back in touch with us again if you need help with an issue, that we can assist you with. In the meantime, have fun ! problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top