Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it Empty Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 19:02

I torrented sims 4 from the official games4theworld and once it finished, i was ready to start it up but something called hacktool.amks was detected. Why is this? Why is there something called hacktool in you guys files?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it Empty Re: Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 19:08

YaBoyWonder wrote:I torrented sims 4 from the official games4theworld and once it finished, i was ready to start it up but something called hacktool.amks was detected. Why is this? Why is there something called hacktool in you guys files?

Hello,

It's partly because anti-virus firms are paid by game publishers to detect (safe) crack files as 'virusses'. Beyond that, it's also because of the way modern crack files work: they need to emulate the behavior of game clients like Steam or Origin, and this behavior is - in principle - similar to the way in which real virusses operate.

You can trust the download, and consider the warning of your anti-virus as a false positive. In case not, you could also download the game from another uploader, but you are most likely going to see the same 'issue' there. All the circulating Sims 4 releases right now, are technically identical. 

Feel free to post back if you have more questions or need more support on anything we can help with. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it Empty Re: Sims 4, hacktool virus when i downloaded it

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 19:58

Thanks for responding Carlos, so this hacktool won't mess up my pc? I cant afford to get any type of virus on here. I researched hacktool and it seems like a pretty bad virus but you know for a fact it wont harm my laptop?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 20:05

YaBoyWonder wrote:Thanks for responding Carlos, so this hacktool won't mess up my pc? I cant afford to get any type of virus on here. I researched hacktool and it seems like a pretty bad virus but you know for a fact it wont harm my laptop?

I have installed it on two of my own computers, with no issues. The other Helpers, Mods and Admins haven't encountered anything bad either. And as for the regular users, it didn't mess up their systems either. Smile

What the problem tends to be is that anti-virus systems block these crack files, and many users are having difficulties in dealing with that. For a start, there are these guides here, which you should have a look at:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

That is all for now. Good luck, and take your time for doing/reading these things.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 20:57

Thanks for the help Carlos, i will add it to the exception list and hopefully all goes well. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 21:28

YaBoyWonder wrote:Thanks for the help Carlos, i will add it to the exception list and hopefully all goes well. Thanks

Good luck again, and really take your time for this. It must be done correctly. And depending on what your own anti-virus software is, you may even need to do some additional (internet) research on your own.

Do keep us posted. 

Tea 5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top