Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typing Instructor for Kids Request.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Typing Instructor for Kids Request. Empty Typing Instructor for Kids Request.

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 04:36

Hi. It's my first time to ask a request here in G4TW but here goes. I'm actually looking for a software that will improve typing in computers. You may notice it's for "kids" and yeah, I'm 23. Um, here's the link if you need to review it first: 

http://typing-for-kids-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Thank you for your time and your torrents!

Back to top Go down

Typing Instructor for Kids Request. Empty Re: Typing Instructor for Kids Request.

Post by Admin Tue 26 Jan 2016, 20:55

Hi there,

Thank you, I'ved added it to the list for you. Wink
I can't imagine that there are not free alternatives for this. Try a Google search, I'm sure you'll come up with something good.

P.S. "Age is just a number." - @Edin ElDi
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Typing Instructor for Kids Request. Empty Re: Typing Instructor for Kids Request.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jan 2016, 21:04

Admin wrote:

P.S. "Age is just a number." - @Edin ElDi

There's no need to involve me every time someone's age comes up. It get's old Razz
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:10

Edin ElDi wrote:There's no need to involve me every time someone's age comes up. It get's old Razz
It's the first thing that comes to my mind when talking about age.
The "joke" is not the only thing getting old. Ha-ha. DedicatedToLorilihim

Last edited by Admin on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jan 2016, 15:10

Maybe I'll just rage quit :p
Funny man ......
One day you'll tell me I was right. I'll be waiting for that day.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jan 2016, 15:20

Seriously though, Admin, you disappoint me. I would've expected a bit more creativity from someone like yourself. After almost 5 years you still can't come up with a new and refreshing joke? 
Ok then........
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Jan 2016, 08:49

Hunter Jin wrote:Hi. It's my first time to ask a request here in G4TW but here goes. I'm actually looking for a software that will improve typing in computers. You may notice it's for "kids" and yeah, I'm 23. Um, here's the link if you need to review it first: 

http://typing-for-kids-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Thank you for your time and your torrents!

Hello,

Just a brief thought from me here on this....if you just want to improve your typing skills on a casual level, then I guess it doesn't matter if you use a kids or adult program version of such a thing. However, if you are planning to acquire this skill for a potential future workplace/job, then an "adult version" may be a slightly better choice, in my opinion. But then again, I'm not familiar with "Typing instructor", although I have an adult/normal version of it somewhere, which I pirated years ago. Very Happy  

Edin ElDi wrote:Seriously though, Admin, you disappoint me. I would've expected a bit more creativity from someone like yourself. After almost 5 years you still can't come up with a new and refreshing joke? 
Ok then........

Should I try and come up with something "creative" here ? Very Happy  But I'm not very good with jokes in general...  Facepalm  Talk to my left hand
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jan 2016, 11:41

Carlos wrote:

Edin ElDi wrote:Seriously though, Admin, you disappoint me. I would've expected a bit more creativity from someone like yourself. After almost 5 years you still can't come up with a new and refreshing joke? 
Ok then........

Should I try and come up with something "creative" here ? Very Happy  But I'm not very good with jokes in general...  Facepalm  Talk to my left hand

Hah, no, never mind. I'd prefer no jokes over old jokes. Thanks for the effort though Razz
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jan 2016, 21:26

Ok then........
You should be used to that by now, though. Razz Especially the bad (read: usually horrible) jokes.
And hey, you started it, by making such a big deal of the number called "age".
Please don't make fun of me in front of everyone. Why.

Edin ElDi wrote: I'd prefer no jokes over old jokes.
Chagrijnig much. Talk to the hand pls
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jan 2016, 22:14

Admin wrote:
Ok then........
You should be used to that by now, though. Razz Especially the bad (read: usually horrible) jokes.
And hey, you started it, by making such a big deal of the number called "age".
Please don't make fun of me in front of everyone. Why.

That was like, ages ago. Razz
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jan 2016, 22:15

Edin ElDi wrote:.........
That was like, ages ago. Razz
You should know me better. I follow you around with that kind of stuff until the end of times.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jan 2016, 22:16

Oh don't think I don't know that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 05:41

OMG I think I just started a war O.o I just really need a typing software, no fighting please! I downloaded stuff from the internet (Ultra Key 6) and it came with a malware. I am never downloading anything unless it's from G4TW! 

@Carlos, I wonder if you still have that software. I really need to improve my typing skills...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Feb 2016, 06:10

Hunter Jin wrote:@Carlos, I wonder if you still have that software. I really need to improve my typing skills...

I looked at my external drive, and indeed, I still have the .ISO of "Typing Instructor Platinum" - the normal/adult version. Do you absolutely want the "kids"-version...? As far as the .ISO I already have is concerned, I would still need to do the standard testing, but the packing and uploading shouldn't be much of a hassle (the .ISO is just around 450MB in size). And with @Admin's permission, I'll forward the download to him then, and he will make an official G4TW torrent out of it (in the meantime, I could also send the upload to you, if you like).

If you really want the "kids"-version though, I'll see if I can come up with something there too...

And no worries, the above is no "war", just a little bit of joking around. Razz
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 07:07

The "kids" version isn't really much of a priority for me now. The only reason I was looking for it is because I thought the lessons being taught in the kids version would be much easier. Not that I'm illiterate or something  Very Happy Very Happy but I just want to be able to learn while playing. The Typing Instructor Platinum would be fine and I look forward for the torrent version. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Feb 2016, 08:05

Hunter Jin wrote:The "kids" version isn't really much of a priority for me now. The only reason I was looking for it is because I thought the lessons being taught in the kids version would be much easier. Not that I'm illiterate or something  Very Happy Very Happy but I just want to be able to learn while playing. The Typing Instructor Platinum would be fine and I look forward for the torrent version. Thank you!

I managed to get hold of the "Typing Instructor Platinum for kids", and am going to do some testing later in the day. I guess it's better here to upload both programs at once. Stay tuned for more. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Feb 2016, 09:42

Hunter Jin wrote:OMG I think I just started a war O.o I just really need a typing software, no fighting please! I downloaded stuff from the internet (Ultra Key 6) and it came with a malware. I am never downloading anything unless it's from G4TW! 

@Carlos, I wonder if you still have that software. I really need to improve my typing skills...

Don't worry! It's just a running joke, all in good fun. We all get along fine.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Feb 2016, 19:04

Hunter Jin wrote:The "kids" version isn't really much of a priority for me now. The only reason I was looking for it is because I thought the lessons being taught in the kids version would be much easier. Not that I'm illiterate or something  Very Happy Very Happy but I just want to be able to learn while playing. The Typing Instructor Platinum would be fine and I look forward for the torrent version. Thank you!

I'm probably going to do more of the testing tomorrow, or even in the coming days, instead of today. I noticed though a "funny" (?) parrot that guides you through the Kids-version of the program - obviously that thing seems to be intended for...6, 7 or 8-year-olds ?

I also noticed that this an American software publisher, hence the program appears to focus (mainly ?) on American "QWERTY"-keyboards. I myself am located in Central Europe, hence I use a "QWERTZ"-keyboard. I could change the keyboard layout to a US version with the help of the Windows System Control Panel, but wouldn't that sort of defeat the point of a typing instructor, at least from a European perspective ? Not sure if such a thing could be a G4TW release, but feel free to wait for Admin's or Edin's feedback later on. 

But...I don't know. Releasing a torrent that will be mainly relevant for an American audience (or at least English-speaking audiences using QWERTY-keyboards) may not be the best choice.

However, I can link you to the source(s) I got these things myself from. That would be no problem. I can already tell with almost 100% certainty that these programs are legit (virus/malware-free). Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 02 Feb 2016, 10:47

Carlos wrote:And with @Admin's permission, I'll forward the download to him then, and he will make an official G4TW torrent out of it (in the meantime, I could also send the upload to you, if you like).
Of course, no problem! Always in for new downloads.

Edin ElDi wrote:
Hunter Jin wrote:OMG I think I just started a war O.o I just really need a typing software, no fighting please!

Yeah, don't worry, we get along fine! Very Happy

*Meanwhile the fight continues in the Admin section*

Carlos wrote:But...I don't know. Releasing a torrent that will be mainly relevant for an American audience (or at least English-speaking audiences using QWERTY-keyboards) may not be the best choice.
Actually here in The Netherlands all keyboard layouts are in QWERTY too. It's just called an American layout, but that does not mean that it's only used in America.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 02 Feb 2016, 16:51

Admin wrote:

Edin ElDi wrote:
Hunter Jin wrote:OMG I think I just started a war O.o I just really need a typing software, no fighting please!

Yeah, don't worry, we get along fine! Very Happy

*Meanwhile the fight continues in the Admin section*

lol
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Feb 2016, 03:19

Admin wrote:
Actually here in The Netherlands all keyboard layouts are in QWERTY too. It's just called an American layout, but that does not mean that it's only used in America.

Ah...OK then. Smile

Meanwhile I sent you the links for the 2 programs (see your Steam-message-inbox). @Hunter Jin, just so that you know, this is what you'll be up against...

The most bada$$ parrot ever and a screenshot of my score, in one of the first tests.  DedicatedToLorilihim Very Happy 

Typing Instructor for Kids Request. Screenshot1113

Typing Instructor for Kids Request. Screenshotdd6a
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Feb 2016, 08:00

lol
I'm hopeless, but this may be fun for my kids.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 03:31

Weee~ Thank you guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 05:55

Hunter Jin wrote:Weee~ Thank you guys!

You're always very welcome. Very Happy  So far, I have had a positive impression of these programs (Typing Instructor Platinum Adult + Kids versions); I'm sure you will find them helpful to improve your typing skills.  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Feb 2016, 23:15

Thanks for the arrow pointing to the parrot, Carlos!
I'd have definitely missed it, if that was not there.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top