Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.dll file from crack seen as virus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.dll file from crack seen as virus Empty .dll file from crack seen as virus

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 07:17

i have the games4theworld torrent of sims 4 and it works great. perfect files, excellent performing game.

however, last week defender decided the .dll file from the crack was a virus. 

for months, defender did as it was told and ignored the .dll file because i had dutifully made my exceptions. both the documents/game/bin folder and the C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 folders have properly set exclusions.

and everything worked perfectly.

then last week, after one of microsoft's mandatory updates, defender started to "see" the .dll file and declared it a "SEVERE" risk, and has not stopped nagging me about it and quarantining it without my permission, no matter how many times i try to set exclusions of folders, subfolders and specific files.

i think microsoft just wants to have it's own way about this. what else can i do to get defender to stop picking on this crack? in all other respects, defender is fine, and a perfectly decent product, and i do not want to have to switch to a different security product.

any suggestions? other than keeping the .dll file separate and only putting it back in when i play, with defender turned completely off?

Back to top Go down

.dll file from crack seen as virus Empty Re: .dll file from crack seen as virus

Post by Admin Mon 08 Feb 2016, 22:38

Hi there,

First of all, I can guarantee you that if you downloaded the file(s) from our official sources, they are in fact safe.
Unfortunately I do not have much Windows 10 knowledge myself (yet), but I heard Windows Defender is a real pain in the arrghh. Therefore the only thing I can recommend, is getting an anti-virus suite that does listen to what you say it should do. Try Avast! for example.

Maybe @Carlos knows other good AV software, or other possible fixes.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 02:12

Installing a third-party anti-virus on Windows 10 will indeed disable Windows Defender. At least as long as you don't disable your 3rd party AV, because Defender will then turn itself ON again. Very Happy

I guess if we "want to go with the time" (i.e. use Windows 10), then we also have to take into account not only the advantages of stuff, but also find ways to deal with the more unpleasant things, like this issue with Windows Defender and anti-virus issues.

I personally don't see much benefit in using Windows 10, although I was pleased in the beginning (I have to admit). As of recently, Windows 10 does not seem to recognize my wireless adapter (driver) anymore, leading me to resort to re-installing the driver multiple times recently. I often seem to get blackscreens when playing a few games, leading me to power off the desktop manually. The Windows explorer crashes and crashes and crashes. Issues that I never experienced in Win7, nor even in Win8.

I'm not sure what Microsoft are thinking (do they even know themselves ?!). But it's becoming clearer and clearer that Windows 10 is getting worse than Windows 8. I myself will stick to Windows 7 (Ultimate edition), for as long as possible.

//EDIT

Personally, I really like avast Internet Security most because 

- It does not need a significant amount of system resources to run (unlike Norton and Symantec products, for example), 
- It is easy to configure, 
- It accepts user's input (i.e. if I tell avast to exclude a certain folder location, then avast actually 'obeys', unlike most other anti-virus programs),
- and it is still powerful enough to deal with 'real' virusses.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top