Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Save Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot Save Game Empty Cannot Save Game

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 15:58

Hi! I've been having issues, for a couple of days now, where I can't save my gameplay and an error message comes up. Usually, I play a couple more Sim hours and days before being able to save the game. However, this time, I have been trying to save for hours and the error message still comes up.

I took a screenshot of the error message above, for your reference.

Cannot Save Game Sims11

Hope you can help me out! Thanks! Smile

//EDIT

I actually went to the Manage Worlds page and tried saving from there. I think it worked (at least the error message did not show up) but the whole game crashed right after. 

Upon opening the game again, I'm not sure if the time was correct but it didn't seem like I went back to the last time I was able to save. Is there anything I can do to address this issue?

Thank you! Cannot Save Game Icon_smile

P.S.
I used "resetsim" for all of the Sims in my household before trying to save again, but it didn't work so I tried to save from Manage Worlds.

Back to top Go down

Cannot Save Game Empty Re: Cannot Save Game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:41

Hello !

Have you tried the option "save as" ? Also, see this here, and especially the part #4:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

It refers to savefiles and backups of them. Can you try restoring an earlier version of your savefile, by the method mentioned there ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top