Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED] Empty Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 28 Feb 2016, 11:03

I've downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-malware from the download page,installed it and everything's working fine,except one thing:it keeps asking for installing the new version of it every 10 mins,no matter what I'm doing and it's getting really annoying,since I can't watch a movie or play a game without that window popping up.I've disabled the notifications and update options in the settings,but it didn't fix my problem.I'd really appreciate some help,please!

Last edited by BlackAndWhit3 on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 21:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 28 Feb 2016, 11:05

Hello,

I'll have to ask someone else to have a look at this question, so please wait for a reply from @Admin or @Carlos.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Annoying Malwarebytes Anti-malware. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Feb 2016, 20:20

BlackAndWhit3 wrote:I've downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-malware from the download page,installed it and everything's working fine,except one thing:it keeps asking for installing the new version of it every 10 mins,no matter what I'm doing and it's getting really annoying,since I can't watch a movie or play a game without that window popping up.I've disabled the notifications and update options in the settings,but it didn't fix my problem.I'd really appreciate some help,please!

//MOVED

Hello,

Have you tried updating to a newer program version then ? See this topic here, but I'm unsure if it still works:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20862-malwarebytes-anti-malware-can-t-update-database-without-breaking-license-fix

Did you also do a scan recently with the program, and are there any pending "actions" to be taken, such as detected items ? If so, please take the appropriate actions, such as delete/quarantine or ignore.

I used to use the program, because it was highly effective (back then) against malware, but as of recently, things like these annoying notifications are one reason I stopped using the program. Feel free to wait for Admin's opinion on this too, here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Feb 2016, 21:01

Thank you,those annoying windows finally stopped popping up!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Feb 2016, 22:14

BlackAndWhit3 wrote:Thank you,those annoying windows finally stopped popping up!

Great to hear that - and thanks for letting us know ! Very Happy  If you ever encounter another issue that we can help with, don't hesitate to open a new topic. In the meantime, have fun with the program !

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top