Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full) Empty Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full)

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 08:11

Hi,

When i try to run the Autorun.exe or the Setup.exe inside x64 folder, it gives me the same message as below:

Setup cant find or validate an installation file. Please try reinstalling Office form for your installation source, or if you installed from a downloaded package then re-download and install. If you continue to have problems then please contact Microsoft or system administrator.

I have tried to run in compatibility mode also. I have a Windows 10 running on 64 bit processor.

please help.

regards,
b

Back to top Go down

Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full) Empty Re: Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Mar 2016, 23:19

biswadarshi wrote:Hi,

When i try to run the Autorun.exe or the Setup.exe inside x64 folder, it gives me the same message as below:

Setup cant find or validate an installation file. Please try reinstalling Office form for your installation source, or if you installed from a downloaded package then re-download and install. If you continue to have problems then please contact Microsoft or system administrator.

I have tried to run in compatibility mode also. I have a Windows 10 running on 64 bit processor.

please help.

regards,
b

Hello again and thanks for opening a new topic, Smile

At first you should make an empty folder somewhere, and then you should use the program WinRAR to open the .RAR file, and extract ALL contents of the .RAR, into the empty folder you created before. After the extraction is done, please navigate into the folder and re-run the installation from there.

You can get WinRAR 5.21 from this site here (install instructions are included of course):
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full) Empty Re: Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full)

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 07:34

Hello Again,

That is what i exactly did. However, the problem is what i stated. Any other ideas will help please.

regards,
b

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Mar 2016, 06:59

Alright, do you still have the torrent running as "seeding", in your torrent client ? If yes, please right-click on the torrent and select STOP. Then right-click again and select "Force re-check". Wait until the re-check is done, and try re-extracting again, into an empty folder. Try resuming the installation from there, then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error while running Autorun.exe or Setup.exe for Microsoft Office 2013.Professional.Plus (Full) Empty Compatibility issue

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 17:20

When I try to run the autorun app I get the same message, i'm trying to install office on a 64bit windows 10 pc and as far as I can work out the Autorun file is not compatible with windows 10. I noticed that the autorun file is from 2009 and originally made to run on windows XP? is there anyway to get a new autorun file? I am currently in an area with very limimted internet access and it took me a day to download this file so it would be very inconvenient if i have to download an entirely new program again. i would appreciate your help very much. Thanks,
 PS i also ran it with winRAR and followed all your previous instructions

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Mar 2016, 02:57

LourieVS wrote:When I try to run the autorun app I get the same message, i'm trying to install office on a 64bit windows 10 pc and as far as I can work out the Autorun file is not compatible with windows 10. I noticed that the autorun file is from 2009 and originally made to run on windows XP? is there anyway to get a new autorun file? I am currently in an area with very limimted internet access and it took me a day to download this file so it would be very inconvenient if i have to download an entirely new program again. i would appreciate your help very much. Thanks,
 PS i also ran it with winRAR and followed all your previous instructions

Hello and welcome to the forum @LourieVS,

I doubt that the program (or the setup of it) doesn't work on WIndows 10. Smile  Have you tried the suggestion from my previous post ? Other than that, we'll need to wait what the OP says about this, hence I can't suggest much more at this point.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:58

Hi thanks for the reply, i figured out the problem. If i may make a suggestion, add an extra instruction to the installation guide and say that before you attempt any installation you have to first turn of windows defender (and similar programs) i know you mentioned this in another forum but maybe just add it to the installation guide. If you try to install it before turning it off it doesn't only block the program but removes certain "malware" which then makes it impossible to install even if you then turn off windows defender! 

Thanks for the support, i look forward to being a long time member if this community! 
Regards

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Mar 2016, 13:20

LourieVS wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, i figured out the problem. If i may make a suggestion, add an extra instruction to the installation guide and say that before you attempt any installation you have to first turn of windows defender (and similar programs) i know you mentioned this in another forum but maybe just add it to the installation guide. If you try to install it before turning it off it doesn't only block the program but removes certain "malware" which then makes it impossible to install even if you then turn off windows defender! 

Thanks for the support, i look forward to being a long time member if this community! 
Regards

Thanks for sharing your insights with us @LourieVS. Smile  However, in order to add something to the installation guide we would need to take down the torrent completely and re-upload it. Which would be quite a hassle, to be honest. What we can do, however, is to put a little notice in our Fixes (PC)-section, and direct users to that notice if needed. 

Thanks again for you feedback, in that sense. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top