Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't do anything! :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't do anything! :(  Empty I can't do anything! :(

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:12

Hey, 
 I have just uninstalled everything and re-installed The Sims 4, Get to Work and Get Together and the Get Together Hotfix and I am still having so many issues.
I can't interact with nearly all the items eg: cooker, fridge, bed, sofa etc 
When I cancel an action my sim just stands there
On the odd occasion I can interact with something she just stands there, it comes up in action bar but nothing happens
I have tried all the possible solutions I could find, i'm now ready to pull my hair out.
Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated, I really just don't know what else to do  Why God.
Thanks in advance
Purpletiny

P.S I don't run any mods or have any custom content, its literally the base game and exps

Back to top Go down

I can't do anything! :(  Empty Re: I can't do anything! :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 22:00

Purpletiny wrote:Hey, 
 I have just uninstalled everything and re-installed The Sims 4, Get to Work and Get Together and the Get Together Hotfix and I am still having so many issues.
I can't interact with nearly all the items eg: cooker, fridge, bed, sofa etc 
When I cancel an action my sim just stands there
On the odd occasion I can interact with something she just stands there, it comes up in action bar but nothing happens
I have tried all the possible solutions I could find, i'm now ready to pull my hair out.
Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated, I really just don't know what else to do  Why God.
Thanks in advance
Purpletiny

P.S I don't run any mods or have any custom content, its literally the base game and exps

Hello,

I can't do anything! :(  Screenshot59a1

Navigate to the location shown in the screenshot. Click on "set a custom scaling level" and then change the default value to 125%. Click on "OK", and close the small window. Then on "apply" in the other window. Then try the game again. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 22:59

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I tried this and still no luck Sad shes now slowly dying of hunger Sad 
Purpletiny

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 23:04

Purpletiny wrote:Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I tried this and still no luck Sad shes now slowly dying of hunger Sad 
Purpletiny

A small part of this post here deals with restoring an older version of your savefiles, feel free to try it.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

I myself never had this issue, so I'm unsure what else to suggest. You could navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file localthumbcache.package. Maybe it can help, but I'm not sure.

It seems to be a common glitch though, and maybe it was fixed in a later game patch version. We may need to wait until a new pirated update comes out for these bugs to be fixed, I'm sorry I can't give better news here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 23:13

Thank you for trying, it's still not fixed Sad I've had this issue since Get to Work, was hoping the Get Together would fix it somehow but no. Both my daughter's have the base game and Get to Work and they don't have these issues, a few small glitches but nothing major that's why I thought maybe if I uninstall and reinstall it may work.
I will wait and see if there's any updates that might help.
Thanks again 
Purpletiny

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 23:20

Purpletiny wrote:Thank you for trying, it's still not fixed Sad I've had this issue since Get to Work, was hoping the Get Together would fix it somehow but no. Both my daughter's have the base game and Get to Work and they don't have these issues, a few small glitches but nothing major that's why I thought maybe if I uninstall and reinstall it may work.
I will wait and see if there's any updates that might help.
Thanks again 
Purpletiny

I was wondering if the (very common) issue of messed-up file and folder-permissions can also muck up things. Windows has become...really strange in many aspects in recent years. But that is another issue.

What I wanted to suggest is this: if you have any desktop shortcuts for the game, delete them all. Now...you navigate to the install directory of the game. When you see the folder The Sims 4, click on the tab "Home" in the top left of the screen - there should be an option named "move to". 

Move the install folder "The Sims 4" directly under the desktop, and then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 11:07

I have tried everything, every suggestion you have kindly offered and its still the same, the game is unplayable as I can't do anything Why God. , guess I will have to just give up on The Sims  Crying or Very sad . I don't use any mods or cc so I really am at a loss 
Thank you for your time and help 
Purpletiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum