Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCT 1 graphics not working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RCT 1 graphics not working. Empty RCT 1 graphics not working.

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 04:36

I don't know what else to do. I've followed the instructions to the T three times and I still get this when I "play" (used quotations because I've yet to actually be able to play the game.

RCT 1 graphics not working. Lr6IOLv

And if you're wondering what that is, it's this:

RCT 1 graphics not working. 670px-Torture-Your-Guests-on-Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-1-Step-1

Please help me D:

Back to top Go down

RCT 1 graphics not working. Empty Re: RCT 1 graphics not working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Apr 2016, 07:19

Hello,

Which Windows system are you running the game on ? And have you made sure to download & install all available Windows updates for it ?

I don't have the download files at hand right now (since I am on a different computer at the moment), but look again inside the folders and subfolders of RCT1. Is there somewhere a file named dxdsetup.exe ? If so , try running it and follow the on-screen instructions. Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 29 Apr 2016, 22:41

Well hello,

Also two things from me:

1. Duh, update your GPU drivers! You never know what difference it might make. If you don't know how to update your GPU drivers - NO! NOT VIA DEVICE MANAGEMENT!!!11!! - then tell us the exact model, and what OS you're running, so we can find the right driver for you. (Also include your system architecture, e.g. 32bit or 64bit)

2. Try a new/other crack. Download the NoCD crack I uploaded for you HERE, and apply it as you'd usually apply a crack. (Move it to the installation location, as you did with the crack that came with the original torrent) Make sure to extract the .RAR file first, of course, to reveal the actual crack .EXE file.
I have not tested the above NoCD file, so I can't 100% confirm that it works at all, but it should.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 May 2016, 20:00

Maybe a little late for another reply, but you can also find out about your graphics card model in the following way: press the Windows key + R, and in the 'search mask' that comes up type dxdiag. Then hit enter.

In the next window that comes up, go under the tab named Display and look under Device -> Name\Manufacturer\Chip Type. It should display your graphics card model. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 07:35

Thank you both so much for the replies. Here's what I've got so far.

The other crack file didn't work. It did the same thing as before. And I have no clue how to update anything (other than the windows updates which comes in every now and again). I tend not to mess with anything so that I don't destroy the whole internal workings; but I did retrieve the information that you both asked for.. at least I hope I got all of it.

Model Number: HPE-400f
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Name :: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Manufacturer :: ATI Technologies INC.
Chip Type :: ATI display adapter (0x68F9)

I have no clue what any of that means. If it's good or not. All I can say is that the computer is about 5-6 years old and nothing external has been done to it. The only internal thing that I've been able to do was defragment the drive.

Also, there was no file called dxdsetup.exe anywhere under the program's file in the C:\ drive. But I did find something called "DXSETUP" under the DIRECTX folder from the download folder. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about or not tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 May 2016, 22:53

xjessyx wrote:Thank you both so much for the replies. Here's what I've got so far.

The other crack file didn't work. It did the same thing as before. And I have no clue how to update anything (other than the windows updates which comes in every now and again). I tend not to mess with anything so that I don't destroy the whole internal workings; but I did retrieve the information that you both asked for.. at least I hope I got all of it.

Model Number: HPE-400f
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Name :: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Manufacturer :: ATI Technologies INC.
Chip Type :: ATI display adapter (0x68F9)

I have no clue what any of that means. If it's good or not. All I can say is that the computer is about 5-6 years old and nothing external has been done to it. The only internal thing that I've been able to do was defragment the drive.

Also, there was no file called dxdsetup.exe anywhere under the program's file in the C:\ drive. But I did find something called "DXSETUP" under the DIRECTX folder from the download folder. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about or not tho.

Yes, I was referring to the dxsetup.exe located in the download. Smile  And you can download the latest available GPU driver here:
https://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%20HD%205450&By=ATI

Make sure you choose the appropriate option depending on your Windows system and system architecture (32-bit or 64--bit).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 05:25

I tried using the dxsetup in that folder, but it didn't help anything. So right now, I'm waiting for the drive updater to download, and I'll edit with the results of that.

*update*

It finished downloading, I went to install in it. It came up and started installing and doing it's thing, then about 30 mins into it, the computer crashed and I got the dreaded blue screen of death. Here's what windows told me when I got back into it.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 116
  BCP1: FFFFFA800ABCC0B0
  BCP2: FFFFF88004862C9C
  BCP3: 0000000000000000
  BCP4: 0000000000000002
  OS Version: 6_1_7600
  Service Pack: 0_0
  Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\050316-34273-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Deadman\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51932-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 May 2016, 06:31

xjessyx wrote:I tried using the dxsetup in that folder, but it didn't help anything. So right now, I'm waiting for the drive updater to download, and I'll edit with the results of that.

*update*

It finished downloading, I went to install in it. It came up and started installing and doing it's thing, then about 30 mins into it, the computer crashed and I got the dreaded blue screen of death. Here's what windows told me when I got back into it.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 116
  BCP1: FFFFFA800ABCC0B0
  BCP2: FFFFF88004862C9C
  BCP3: 0000000000000000
  BCP4: 0000000000000002
  OS Version: 6_1_7600
  Service Pack: 0_0
  Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\050316-34273-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Deadman\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51932-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

See the part of the quote that I marked in red and boldened. That doesn't look good...the "BCCode 116" can be an indicator of a failing graphics card. Is your computer a desktop or laptop ? If it's a desktop, it may be easier to open it up - if you are brave and know what you are doing. Make sure to disconnect the computer from the power cord, and then press the power-on-key a few times. Then open up the desktop and remove the graphics card. Make sure to undust the card, but do not use any brush or cloth (you don't want to create any static electricity there). In many cases you can simply blow the dust away.

If you don't feel safe enough doing that, you will have to ask someone else to do it for you, and check the card through.

It can be caused by that particular driver update too, but for now, you might want to check if you get the same bluescreen when trying to play other games too. If you do get it again, and your computer shuts off, make sure to not turn it on immediately after that. Instead wait 5 minutes or so. But at that point, it may be better to have that graphics card checked though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 10:03

The blue screen only happened when trying to install the link you gave me. As far as I know, no other games are effected by anything.

Since I don't have enough money to replace the graphic card, in your personal opinion (assuming it were your computer) would you say that getting rid of the dust within it, could help it a lot, or would you say it's just about too far gone for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 May 2016, 21:54

Do you have all Windows updates downloaded & installed too ? And the driver update...did it actually finish the update before the bluescreen ?

And yes, I would also check if the card needs undusting. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 00:58

I'm not sure if it is or not. Where could I find that out? And no, the blue screen happened in the middle of the installation. But I will check to see if there's a lot of dust on the inside of the computer tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 05 May 2016, 23:35

xjessyx wrote:I'm not sure if it is or not. Where could I find that out? And no, the blue screen happened in the middle of the installation. But I will check to see if there's a lot of dust on the inside of the computer tho.

Look at one of my previous posts where I mention the thing with the "dxdiag". Look again under the "Display"-tab. Under driver version, what do you see there ? 
And are you getting similar graphics problems with any other (older) games too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2016, 03:22

Sorry it took so long for me to get back. I've been sorta busy the last few days. Anyways, here's what the dxdiag brought up.

RCT 1 graphics not working. RuGKmQy

I just took a screencap, cause I found that was easier.

Also, the only other "older" games that I play is RCT 2 and SimCity4 which both run fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 May 2016, 02:51

xjessyx wrote:Sorry it took so long for me to get back. I've been sorta busy the last few days. Anyways, here's what the dxdiag brought up.

RCT 1 graphics not working. RuGKmQy

I just took a screencap, cause I found that was easier.

Also, the only other "older" games that I play is RCT 2 and SimCity4 which both run fine.

From the look of that, the driver appears OK. Not sure how this works in AMD/ATI cards, but on NVIDIA cards, the previous driver is usually uninstalled before the new one is put on. And if there is a problem, you may not have a driver at the end.

That said, I'm not sure what else to suggest at that point. In some cases it can help if you lower the resolution of your screen, before starting up the game. But other than that, I can't say more now, I'm sorry. I'll keep looking into that though. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 16:45

Okay. Thank you so much for trying your best at it <3 I'll try the screen resolution thing, but I guess it'll just be one of those games that I'm not able to play Sad

You can go ahead and close or hiatus the thread if you want, until you're able to find the potential cause of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top