Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONE piece of CC not showing up in game...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONE piece of CC not showing up in game... Empty ONE piece of CC not showing up in game...

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:57

Hello!

I downloaded a piece of CC (a face overlay), started my game and used it on one of my sim, played for a while and everything worked fine. I exited the game and game back the next day, went to CAS to create a new sim but the overlay was gone.

• my ressource file is updated to support subfolders, I have many other CC pieces that is working
  • I took all of my other CC and placed only the overlay one within subfolder and without subfolder in my mods folder but it won't show up
  • deleted the whole Sims 4 file and generated a new one by launching the game but won't show up either
  • I downloaded the CC with two different browsers and opened it with two different extractors, even tried to compress it again with TS4PE but nothing!

I don't know what to do, my old CC is showing up and I downloaded new CC and its working too... seems like it is just about this particular piece of CC and I REALLY like it  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

ONE piece of CC not showing up in game... Empty Re: ONE piece of CC not showing up in game...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:55

Lou-Ann wrote:Hello!

I downloaded a piece of CC (a face overlay), started my game and used it on one of my sim, played for a while and everything worked fine. I exited the game and game back the next day, went to CAS to create a new sim but the overlay was gone.

• my ressource file is updated to support subfolders, I have many other CC pieces that is working
  • I took all of my other CC and placed only the overlay one within subfolder and without subfolder in my mods folder but it won't show up
  • deleted the whole Sims 4 file and generated a new one by launching the game but won't show up either
  • I downloaded the CC with two different browsers and opened it with two different extractors, even tried to compress it again with TS4PE but nothing!

I don't know what to do, my old CC is showing up and I downloaded new CC and its working too... seems like it is just about this particular piece of CC and I REALLY like it  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

I recall that with The Sims 3, you needed to delete certain cache files (under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3), for the first time after you added bodyskin/faceskin mods. I assume something similar needs to be done for The Sims 4 too, but since you said you tried with a fresh The Sims 4-folder, then I guess that "solution" is off the table.

What do the instructions on your download-source say ? And are you running a pirated game or a legit Sims 4 ? If you have a pirated one, keep in mind that most CC creators generally cater to legit game owners only. So certain items only work (properly) in "higher" patch versions. In contrast, the pirated Sims 4 games are running on an old patch version.

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't suggest more at that point. If it's really just one (1) item that doesn't work, even if you really like it, then there is not much point, at least in my opinion, if you spend so much energy and time on it. P.S. I would not recompile or modify anything, since you mentioned you did something with S4PE...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

ONE piece of CC not showing up in game... Empty Re: ONE piece of CC not showing up in game...

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 13:57

Hello, thank you for the answer!

I am using the legit base game but everything else is from G4TW. What is bothering me is that it worked for a moment after I downloaded it, it just stopped showing up while I didn't updated my game or anything else... I've got some content that is not showing up and I assume it is because I'm so late on the patch but those actually never showed up in my game. I guess I'll keep the file in my game anyway, maybe it'll work later on once I finally update my game!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Jun 2016, 17:04

Lou-Ann wrote:Hello, thank you for the answer!

I am using the legit base game but everything else is from G4TW. What is bothering me is that it worked for a moment after I downloaded it, it just stopped showing up while I didn't updated my game or anything else... I've got some content that is not showing up and I assume it is because I'm so late on the patch but those actually never showed up in my game. I guess I'll keep the file in my game anyway, maybe it'll work later on once I finally update my game!

Maybe you can look around to see if there is possibly an older version of this skin-mod that you like to have. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 00:52

I am having this issue with A LOT of newer CC and I think it's due to the updates. I think content made with the newer updates doesn't show up in game unless you are updated to a certain point which really sucks since no one seems to be working on updating this. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 09:08

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
indeed, a lot of newer CC is being created for newer version of The Sims 4. You'll just have to face it and wait for newer cracked updates or try looking for older versions of specified CC that you want in-game, if there is any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top