Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED] Empty Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 01:02

Hello, today i got a new laptop which has windows 10, so i go to install windows 7,pop in the disc, restart my computer blah blah blah, and every time i try to install it i get the error 0x80070017 on the second part(can't remember the name). Is it because the CD im using got corrupt or is it because my computer is defective? Or is it something completely different?

Any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 02:27

RandomnessInABottle wrote:Hello, today i got a new laptop which has windows 10, so i go to install windows 7,pop in the disc, restart my computer blah blah blah, and every time i try to install it i get the error 0x80070017 on the second part(can't remember the name). Is it because the CD im using got corrupt or is it because my computer is defective? Or is it something completely different?

Any help is appreciated.

Hey
So based on the error message, this looks like a problem with the Windows 7 install disc. 

One solution would be to avoid using the disc all together and create a Bootable Install USB. It's pretty simple to do this. All you need is a Windows 7 product key and a USB with at least 8GBs (this process will format the USB, so back up any data from the USB you wish to save).

Since you have the Win7 install disc, I assume you have a genuine copy of Windows 7 and a product key for it. 

I. Download the Official Microsoft Windows 7 ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
II. Download and Install Windows USB/DVD Download Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

After you Install Windows USB/DVD Download Tool. Run the program.
Step 1. Locate the Windows 7 ISO you downloaded.
Step 2. Choose "USB device"
Step 3. Select the USB Drive & Click "Begin copying".

When it finished copying. Plug it into your laptop and boot from the USB (usually F12) on most laptops.

Feel free to let me know if you need clarification of any of the steps and let me know how it works out if you decide to try it.  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error 0x80070017 when installing Windows 7 Ultimate. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 09:58

Hello,

Is there any reason you don't want to keep using Windows 10? Eventually it will be inevitable.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 18:56

So here's what happened, i started getting what's known as the "Preparing automatic repair loop" thing shortly after posting this thread, took it to a computer place and apparently the hard drive is damaged(i'm assuming from transit), so i called HP and ordered a replacement. In terms of the disc, i tried it on a different PC and it came up with the same error message, so once the replacement PC comes i'll try to install it on a different disc.

EDIT: Also the reason i want to keep Windows 7 is because i like the simplistic design and it's what i'm used to. I will put Windows 10 on a disc eventually though(I know the deadline is soon so they need to hurry with this replacement xD).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 21:19

RandomnessInABottle wrote:

EDIT: Also the reason i want to keep Windows 7 is because i like the simplistic design and it's what i'm used to. 

Fair enough.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 21:44

What about "simplistic design"?
The other day I secretly updated my wife's PC from win 7 to win 10.
She didn't even notice it as her desktop was exactly the same as before, all icons at the same position.
All her games and apps still performed perfectly.
Only when she found out that Itunes (link between her Ipad and her PC) reacted differently she realized the change.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 21:50

Tarac wrote:What about "simplistic design"?
The other day I secretly updated my wife's PC from win 7 to win 10.
She didn't even notice it as her desktop was exactly the same as before, all icons at the same position.
All her games and apps still performed perfectly.
Only when she found out that Itunes (link between her Ipad and her PC) reacted differently she realized the change.

Lol... Fair enough as well Razz

I went from XP to Win 8 myself, now that was quite radical.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Jul 2016, 08:18

Tarac wrote:The other day I secretly updated my wife's PC from win 7 to win 10.

I also like to secretly install/modify stuff on other people's computers.  Very Happy  Carlos is tha man  Looking for bad joke

//EDIT

Though in all fairness and as much as I actually dislike Windows 10, this is (normally) less problematic if done on the computer of a family member/relative. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 23:09

Good news. the new PC came and i tried installing windows 7 on it with a different disc and it worked!

Now i'm off to reinstall everything >.<

Thanks for your help everyone  Can't touch banana

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun, and feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support. Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top