Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED] Empty I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 21:00

I have downloaded the RAR file off mediafire from the given link. 
For some reason I have only downloaded 2.69GB of the file rather than the 2.97GB. 
I have tried to download the file again and its done the same thing, it just comes up as a blank paper icon on my Windows 7 
Is there a trick/way to making my computer download the whole file? 
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Jul 2016, 21:04

JessicaKitty wrote:I have downloaded the RAR file off mediafire from the given link. 
For some reason I have only downloaded 2.69GB of the file rather than the 2.97GB. 
I have tried to download the file again and its done the same thing, it just comes up as a blank paper icon on my Windows 7 
Is there a trick/way to making my computer download the whole file? 
Thank you!

Hello @JessicaKitty,

Unfortunately that's one drawback of direct download links. I would suggest that if you are very impatient, try re-downloading from MediaFire again in a few hours. However, if you can bring up the patience, wait until @fsociety (a.k.a. Admin) releases an official torrent, maybe tomorrow or in the next days. Sorry you are are having these problems.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 22:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello @JessicaKitty,

Unfortunately that's one drawback of direct download links. I would suggest that if you are very impatient, try re-downloading from MediaFire again in a few hours. However, if you can bring up the patience, wait until @fsociety (a.k.a. Admin) releases an official torrent, maybe tomorrow or in the next days. Sorry you are are having these problems.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
 Awrh okay i'm glad it's a known problem and that my laptop isn't broken  Oh my...  
I am wondering if there will be other mirror sites to also download released if not then I will wait for the torrent. 
Thank you for all the effort you put in on the update, we all appreciate it!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

I can't download updates on either download sites. [SOLVED] Empty I can't download updates on either download sites.

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 17:14

I have tried to download the RAR file at least 10 times on different browsers (including explorer) and I keep missing 1mb on the file (2.96GB) rather than 2.97GB. 
I have tried to download it on my brothers laptop and still the same outcome. 
I was wondering what is going wrong on my behalf, is it my internet provider preventing me? 
(I have tried disabling antivirus)
I am worried this will prevent me from ever update my sims direct or torrent downloads  Why. 
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 17:31

Although the download is 2,97 GB it is just over 3000 MB.
When your disk is FAT32 formatted, the largest file it can handle is 3000 MB.
Reason why you wwill always be missing just that last MB.

Convert your disk to NFTS
see  Censored

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 17:47

Tarac wrote:Although the download is 2,97 GB it is just over 3000 MB.

see THIS PAGE
I have checked my disk management and my local disk (C:) is already NTFS formatted  Why.  
I'm struggling to understand what is going wrong. 
Thank you for your suggestion!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Jul 2016, 18:42

Tarac wrote:Although the download is 2,97 GB it is just over 3000 MB.

see  Censored

The limit in FAT32 is actually 4GB; see also this here (or google other sites):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19297-ntfs-vs-fat32-a-brief-introduction

JessicaKitty wrote:I have checked my disk management and my local disk (C:) is already NTFS formatted  Why.  
I'm struggling to understand what is going wrong. 
Thank you for your suggestion!

What is going wrong is that the centralized servers of MEGA and MediaFire (a.k.a. the links that I posted) are struggling with the huge demand from sim-fans all over the world. A torrent would be better, but I am not in the position to upload official torrents on here.

Please try downloading again from the direct links in a few hours, and if that still doesn't work, I'm afraid we will have to wait from an official torrent from @Admin. I'm sorry again for the difficulties that you and many others are having with this solution of mine.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 18:56

If you know how to handle iso files, try  Censored

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Jul 2016, 18:59

Tarac wrote:If you know how to handle iso files, try  Censored

Link censored. If you haven't done so yet, please have a look at my other message here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22885p200-the-sims-4-dine-out-kids-room-stuff#155132
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 21:15

Tarac wrote:If you know how to handle iso files, try  Censored 
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! 
I have been trying constantly since yesterday and no luck. 
Now I have the correct files!  All Hail Carlos!

Mod edit: feel free to get in touch with us again anytime you need more support. Until then, have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top