Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED] Empty New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2016, 23:35

Ive succesfully downloaded the new ultimate fix where kids room stuff etc. is included.
Thats great! Thanks for uploading the file for us.

My problem is now that this game is only starting up in English. I have clicked on the file nl_NL for my language in the installation folder.
I have also entered the register and saw that there is a key with nl_NL, so it should be correct.
I also found another file in there which had the english name 'The sims' in it, so i deleted it.
Then i also found another folder named Maxis in the register and it had the English keys, so i deleted that one too.
My game still starts up English.. What else can i do? Where are those hidden files that are keeping my game to start up in English.

Thanks!

//EDIT

EDIT;; The other English maxis folder keep coming back, so I have even changed the locale file from that folder into a NL_nl key, but still.. it doesnt show up in the correct language.

I decided to attach screenshots of what i mean. In the register I have two folders from Maxis. If i delete one or both, they just keep popping up automatically again after i open the game.

One is under Software and the other under Wow6432node. I always had my correct one under Wow6432node btw.

New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED] Image

New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED] Image

I changed the locale file into nl_NL instead of us_US.

Whenever i start the game, its english again and the game automatically changes the nl_NL key into us_US. Thats not supposed to happen. Looks like there is no way to keep the english version away. Can anybody help? Did you manage to have it in another language other than US..???

//EDIT

Well.. this fixed it for me:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23259-unable-to-change-language-after-the-latest-update#155152

Thanks! Apparently something broke after the last update.

Back to top Go down

New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED] Empty Re: New ultimate fix (kids room stuff update 1.20) is only in ENGLISH? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jul 2016, 11:15

Fursims wrote:Well.. this fixed it for me:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23259-unable-to-change-language-after-the-latest-update#155152

Thanks! Apparently something broke after the last update.

Hello and welcome to the forum @Fursims,

You're welcome, and indeed, the system that handles the in-game display language has changed, as of the latest available 1.20 update. See also the newest guide here for an extensive description of the new system.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016

Feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime you need more support ! Have fun. Smile  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top