Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs? Empty The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs?

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 22:22

I like the idea of an ultimate fix, but isn't there a way to get the manual updates separately? For someone with a limited amount of internet data this will be great so that I can get all updates over time. 

I had all the updates and packets installed on my computer legally through Origin, but my computer broke. Now I have to re-download everything on a different computer. I do not have nearly enough data to download everything at once and would like to have manual versions in case my computer gets any harm in the future again or if I buy a new computer. 

I also wish that EA would start selling their downloadable packs on a full installation disk (and not only the code) so that you do not have to waste data downloading everything again if something goes wrong.

If anybody knows of way to get the updates separately and the downloadable packs to keep please let me know. I really like the game and would like to play it again where I left off. I managed to safe my original sims 4 folder under documents, but it is useless without the updates and packs I had.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs? Empty Re: The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 22:39

Lientjie123 wrote:I like the idea of an ultimate fix, but isn't there a way to get the manual updates separately? For someone with a limited amount of internet data this will be great so that I can get all updates over time. 

I had all the updates and packets installed on my computer legally through Origin, but my computer broke. Now I have to re-download everything on a different computer. I do not have nearly enough data to download everything at once and would like to have manual versions in case my computer gets any harm in the future again or if I buy a new computer. 

I also wish that EA would start selling their downloadable packs on a full installation disk (and not only the code) so that you do not have to waste data downloading everything again if something goes wrong.

If anybody knows of way to get the updates separately and the downloadable packs to keep please let me know. I really like the game and would like to play it again where I left off. I managed to safe my original sims 4 folder under documents, but it is useless without the updates and packs I had.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Lientjie123,

I moved your post to the "Suggestion box" and slightly edited the topic title too. Smile

The problem is the expansion and update system works differently here, than in earlier Sims games. Let's say you wanted Games4theworld's "Dine Out", then you would have to go the full length of installing The Sims 4 base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix. 

You could also just install base game -> Get to Work, but that will limit you to the DLCs until and including the "Get to Work" expansion.

The system of game updates in TS4 by default is meant to be used "progressively". Although I have an idea on what could be done to modify the circulating crack-files, it would involve LOTS of testing and work. As of now, the majority of people want the entire TS4 pack anyhow, but on the other hand, the data amounts are big for some people, especially with slower internet and/or download caps.

As for the latest "Dine Out" release, a torrent will come too at some point, so maybe that can help a bit. But other than that, I really cannot promise we will manage to come up with a solution along the lines of separate DLC releases, I'm really sorry.

P.S. EA don't release "disk-based installers" anymore (for the newer games at least), mostly due to piracy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs? Empty Re: The Sims 4 updates: separate downloadable packs?

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 11:23

Very sad to hear this. Why God.  Just feel like throwing my sims 4 away as it will take me months to bring it back to where it was unless someone can really find a solution that can help me. 

Also I understand EA is trying to prevent piracy, buy knowing a little bit about computers, I am certain someone has already made pirated copies even with the digital downloads. Why must they make it difficult for people with little money anyways? I am starting to get the feeling that they are forgetting the population that cannot afford internet and other fancy stuff. They are only serving the rich.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Aug 2016, 11:55

Lientjie123 wrote:Also I understand EA is trying to prevent piracy, buy knowing a little bit about computers, I am certain someone has already made pirated copies even with the digital downloads. Why must they make it difficult for people with little money anyways? 

Sure, most games are still being pirated, regardless of whether they are based on an optical disc or a digital download. To use an analogy from the world of self-tuned cars: you reduce the weight of your car NOT because you really expect any significant performance differences in acceleration or top speed, but mostly because you expect a small difference, that can help you in the long-run (fuel saving, slightly faster acceleration). If that makes any sense. 

Translated into the context of games, I guess EA and other game publishers might have listened to the advice of certain people on their payroll, who say that getting rid of DVDs "can help a little bit" to reduce piracy.

Also take into account various other reasons for the trend toward digital downloads. For example, if a game publisher doesn't have to produce DVDs and maintain the necessary logistical infrastructure anymore (delivering the DVDs and items to retail shops; transporting the items back if sales or interest are low; hiring and employing clerks to do all the financial transactions connected to this; paying loans and maybe social security to all workers in general; etc.), then that is also going to save some money for the publisher. Furthermore, the general trend toward nearly unlimited and affordable internet data plans has also arguably left its mark on the world of "e-commerce". I remember until 10 years ago or so, my home internet was capped at 1,500 MB download per month. Really crappy by today's standards, but back then - at least where I live - it was considered normal. Today's situation is a lot different. I know, I know...some people still have older internet connections or data plans. But in the eyes of game publishers, "almost all people have good internet", and that is that, I'm afraid.

As mentioned, I will see what can be done on that end, but then again I cannot promise anything. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Aug 2016, 19:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:P.S. EA don't release "disk-based installers" anymore (for the newer games at least), mostly due to piracy.
Ha, not to mention the fact that they can still charge an insane price while spending less money on things like discs/service/booklets/disc cases/shipping themselves. ( = even more profit)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male