Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED] Empty Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2016, 08:46

in a program i wanna use, is there a way to do this? i know how to do it in steam cracked games, but cant figure it out on sims 4. i tried looking in registry but cant even find sims 4 there. greatly appreciated if anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Aug 2016, 08:55

Misfit203 wrote:in a program i wanna use, is there a way to do this? i know how to do it in steam cracked games, but cant figure it out on sims 4. i tried looking in registry but cant even find sims 4 there. greatly appreciated if anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Hello again,

I remember looking at the issue once back then (when the gallery access was still possible), but couldn't find a way to change the name. You most likely have to edit the game files themselves, which is going to be a pain.

But since the gallery access from within pirated Sims 4 games is not possible at all anymore (see this here), the issue has become obsolete I guess. I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2016, 09:07

hi again...

damn that sucks, i have a program that goes thru my tray files and puts them together by sim or lot, as well as shows any c/c they use and zips it all up for upload and sharing, but it takes the name from the game itself to use as creator name. which makes me not wanna share anything if someone named RLD gets all the credit.

well thanks again for the response.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Aug 2016, 09:12

Misfit203 wrote:hi again...

damn that sucks, i have a program that goes thru my tray files and puts them together by sim or lot, as well as shows any c/c they use and zips it all up for upload and sharing, but it takes the name from the game itself to use as creator name. which makes me not wanna share anything if someone named RLD gets all the credit.

well thanks again for the response.

I now recall again another user who asked the same, way back. It was even possible back then (late 2014 ?) to upload to the gallery from a cracked Sims 4. The thing is, if you went to the gallery and looked at your sims that you uploaded, the name "RLD" would show up. 

HOWEVER, if you logged into a different Origin account (with a different name), the sims would show up under your real Origin ID.

But yes, sadly that is history now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Since the question seems solved, I will close this now. Have fun again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED] Empty Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims.

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2016, 12:29

I took yesterdays question to reddit and got some more info...

heres the exchange...

Sims 4 RELOADED question. self.Piracy
Submitted 1 day ago by MiSFiT203
Anyone know how to change the ingame RLD name to a name of your choice?
I know it can be done with 3dm or ali213 releases, but cant figure out where it would be in reloaded. i dont see it in the ini file, and cant seem to find anything in the registry.
the reason i ask is i wanna bundle my sims from my tray files, but the program i have takes the username (RLD) from the sims 4 to use it as the creator of my created sims. so i'd like to fix it to use my name.
Thanks in advance!

[–]nortonsky 1 point 17 hours ago 
Seems like the RLD! comes from RldOrigin.dll: Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED] Pqert510
You could try changing it with a hex editor, but I'm not sure if that would corrupt the crack.

[–]MiSFiT203[S] 1 point 9 minutes ago 
Thank you Nortonsky...
Do you know anymore about this?
i mean... say i was willing to try, just back up all my folders first before i did. i noticed you have some numbers highlighted. would numbers need to be changed too? or just the name. thanks so much for the previous info.

//EDIT

Anyone happen to know if this is just a matter of changing the name? I know there is a chance it may not work.
Im just hoping to find out what i can before i decide to try it. i never used hex editing before, so i dont know if the numbers are a numeric representation of the word and will change as the word changes automatically, or if the word was changed does that mean that some numbers would also need to be changed in which case i then would decide not to try it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Aug 2016, 12:46

Misfit203 wrote:Anyone happen to know if this is just a matter of changing the name? I know there is a chance it may not work.
Im just hoping to find out what i can before i decide to try it. i never used hex editing before, so i dont know if the numbers are a numeric representation of the word and will change as the word changes automatically, or if the word was changed does that mean that some numbers would also need to be changed in which case i then would decide not to try it.

There ya go @Misfit203:
http://www.qbit.it/lab/hextext.php

Choose a name of your liking, type it there and hit the button "Encode text to hex code". Not sure how the hex editor from your screenshot works, but in the one I used myself to play around a bit, back then (WinHex, look it up on the torrent networks if you like), I recall you could hover with the mouse over the hex code and edit the code to your liking.

The portion of code highlighted in your screenshot is a hexadecimal representation of plain text (RLD!), but I won't go into more details here. You may consult appropriate literature (or for a start even wikis) if you want to learn more.

Looking for bad joke

Now that I come to think of it more closely...you probably want to save your created sims to the gallery/Tray-folder and upload them yourself (with an internet browser) on external sites ? If that is what you want to, then yes, this whole thing could be interesting indeed...

Good luck and do keep us posted about your progress ! Very Happy

P.S. I almost forgot to mention, before tampering with the .dll file, do back it up somewhere. Changing that value can mess up the crack, or it can't. The only way to test, is to actually do it.

P.P.S. I merged your new topic to the old one and unlocked the thread again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2016, 15:19

thanks again ghost..

the program i have finds the tray files for each sim, it identifies the custom content for each sim and creates a folder containing that custom content, then it compress the trayfiles of the chosen sim as well as the custom content folder into a zip file to be easily uploaded or shared online. so that is basically what im looking to do for backup purposes, but also sharing. if it was just for backing up i wouldnt mind so much.

as far as the screenshot, that was posted to me on reddit, so i dont know anything about it aside from the person saying RLDOrigin.dll is the file containing the info and the photo showing the proof or info of it being there. i also posted back my last post here on reddit, so if i get more info in response i'll post back here what i find thats relevant.

Want to Change RLD name to MiSFiT203 to identify me as creator of my self made sims. [SOLVED] Misfit10

Found a free hexeditor called HXD and tried my luck. noticed sims 4 has a x64 version which i never knew lol, so i edited RLDOriginx64.dll instead. game started, and shows my name! Smile hopefully there will be no issues to come. will let post back tomorrow whether i have issues or not. "fingers crossed" Thanks as usual Gh0stm4n!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2016, 20:22

where there is a will there is a way! Smile

well i am now happy to say that the mystery of the eternal RLD has been solved.
after extensive play over the last 28 hours, the game still worked flawlessly after changing the name.

Thanks Gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Aug 2016, 02:47

Misfit203 wrote:where there is a will there is a way! Smile

well i am now happy to say that the mystery of the eternal RLD has been solved.
after extensive play over the last 28 hours, the game still worked flawlessly after changing the name.

Thanks Gh0stm4n

Seems to be indeed an issue of "just" replacing the right values inside the .dll file. Good to hear it seems to be working fine. Smile  Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you want to ask more questions. Until then, have fun with the game ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top