Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 Gallery Requests. [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 Gallery Requests. [CLOSED] Empty TS4 Gallery Requests. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 19:48

Hello,

I found this lovely challenge called the Fixer Upper Challenge and I would love to try it since I am completely bored with Sims 4 and Sims 3 is a little hard on my laptop. I'm currently doing the 100-Baby Challenge and...I'm bored. 

Basically what I want to know is this: Can someone with a legit copy of the game and access to the Gallery help those of us who want gallery stuff to take requests and upload it for us?

Just throwing this out there because I want a fixer-upper house from the gallery. Someone, anyone?

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery Requests. [CLOSED] Empty Re: TS4 Gallery Requests. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:28

kitty10136 wrote:Hello,

I found this lovely challenge called the Fixer Upper Challenge and I would love to try it since I am completely bored with Sims 4 and Sims 3 is a little hard on my laptop. I'm currently doing the 100-Baby Challenge and...I'm bored. 

Basically what I want to know is this: Can someone with a legit copy of the game and access to the Gallery help those of us who want gallery stuff to take requests and upload it for us?

Just throwing this out there because I want a fixer-upper house from the gallery. Someone, anyone?

//MOVED

Hello @kitty10136,

I moved your post to the Suggestion box. Smile  As for the request, another user sent us a message on Facebook, requesting something similar. The thing is, from the active team members, I believe I'm the only one with a legit TS4 game. Other users could help out for sure, but most people join these forums because they need support, or because they want to download something. Most users usually don't stick around for a longer period of time. But such a Gallery-Requests section would really need a bunch of active people (with legit TS4 games) who are willing to keep this up in the long run. As of now, this is not the case unfortunately.

I agree that it would certainly be a nice addition to the forum here, and I don't want to "shut the door" completely yet, but as of the time being I don't think it is doable. Mostly because it would really involve a lot of work in the long run. Sure it may look easy for the regular user, but from a Moderator's perspective it'll look quite different. Apart from the pure work, some technicalities about organizing that section must be worked out, which is not that easy either.

As said, I don't want to dismiss the idea completely, but we'll need to carefully think this through. I'm sorry if that disappoints you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:50

Well, I have a legit copy of the Sims 4 but it is not my intention to:
1. Look for requests
2. Download it from the Gallery
3. Upload it to a public site, which btw is illegal
4. Get the complaints when things do not work out as expected.

If you want access to the Gallery, buy the game !
And yes, you can have 2 different games of the Sims 4 on your computer, 1 legal and 1 pirated, (I have it and it works perfectly)
So all you need is a legit copy of the base game.

I have the following proposition:
a. When you promise you'll handle all requests and download/upload everything requested for at least 2 years
b. I am willing to transfer the money to you to buy the base game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Sep 2016, 21:12

Tarac wrote:3. Upload it to a public site, which btw is illegal

I'm less concerned about that honestly, since it is pretty much "in-line" with the work of G4TW (and your work too, for that matter). If anything, I would even dare to carefully doubt, that you can claim any copyright on these gallery-uploaded items. However...

Tarac wrote:4. Get the complaints when things do not work out as expected.

This is a good point. What concerns me, is that a lot of items are going to be created with a higher patch version than the one supported by the cracked TS4. Or, the creator may have used mods/CC, which can further complicate the entire situation.

Tarac wrote:b. I am willing to transfer the money to you to buy the base game

Honestly, I would not advise to do that, but in the end it's your money of course. I was temporarily thinking of providing/sharing my own Origin-credentials with someone. But since I generally don't trust too many people here (essentially only Admins/Mods/Retired Mods and a handful of regular users too), that may not be a feasible option either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 22:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Tarac wrote:b. I am willing to transfer the money to you to buy the base game

Honestly, I would not advise to do that, but in the end it's your money of course. I was temporarily thinking of providing/sharing my own Origin-credentials with someone. But since I generally don't trust too many people here (essentially only Admins/Mods/Retired Mods and a handful of regular users too), that may not be a feasible option either.
When your Origin account is used by too many IP's it will be rendered void.
I published my own account and as a result my account became useless.
So I had to buy a new one.

As soon as someone uploads an item to the Gallery, he/she will transfer the copyright to Maxis/Electronic Arts.

Therefore, my offer still stands at the condition that he/she will maintain the task for at least 2 years.
At least that particular person will find out what a moderator on this forum must do !

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Sep 2016, 22:41

Tarac wrote:When your Origin account is used by too many IP's it will be rendered void.

As soon as someone uploads an item to the Gallery, he/she will transfer the copyright to Maxis/Electronic Arts.

Therefore, my offer still stands at the condition that he/she will maintain the task for at least 2 years.
At least that particular person will find out what a moderator on this forum must do !

I actually meant to say "share with one (1) person" only. Smile  If this person is trustworthy and has serious interest in this such a project. But yes, it's probably not going to happen anyway...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 22:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:When your Origin account is used by too many IP's it will be rendered void.

I actually meant to say "share with one (1) person" only. Smile  If this person is trustworthy and has serious interest in this such a project. But yes, it's probably not going to happen anyway...
Correct,
People demand a lot from fora like yours and mine but when it comes to an own effort or contribution you don't hear from them anymore.
So I challenge them, my offer still stands !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 23:09

@Tarac 
If I am willing to accept requests and upload them for users for 2 years, you'll buy me the game?
Ok. What do I need to do? I am serious. I have a really boring job, so this will be a really cool thing to do.
I accept your challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Sep 2016, 23:23

kitty10136 wrote:@Tarac 
If I am willing to accept requests and upload them for users for 2 years, you'll buy me the game?
Ok. What do I need to do? I am serious. I have a really boring job, so this will be a really cool thing to do.
I accept your challenge.

@kitty10136, I know I may sound negative, but do you absolutely want to do that? I can foresee, that there will be TONS of requests, and keeping this up in the long run is going to be very tough. 

And @Tarac, how do you want to do that ? Do you want to buy the game immediately, or after 2 years only ? In case of the latter, someone will need to provide the OP with some temporary Origin-credentials, so that she can do the work, for the two years. Very Happy

If you are both serious, about that idea, we will provide the framework for that Exchange on here (organization, rules and whatnot). But the actual uploading of requests will be up to you, @kitty10136.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2016, 10:34

@kitty10136
When you are really serious I'll buy a license on Sims 4 for you. I'll need your country of living and your emailadress for registration.
Just send me a private message with details.
Do you have a cloud-service for uploading or shall I make an account with Mega ?
By accepting the deal, you undertake the duties to handle requests and uploads for a period of 2 years !!

@The_gh0stm4n
I'll notify you as soon as the license is valid.
I know it's a gamble as @kitty10136 can use the registration and do nothing in return. But sometimes you must give people a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Sep 2016, 00:41

Tarac wrote:@kitty10136
When you are really serious I'll buy a license on Sims 4 for you. I'll need your country of living and your emailadress for registration.
Just send me a private message with details.

By the way, why do you need that personal information? If you are serious in buying that game, you can also buy a serial number for the game and send that serial number in a PM, to @kitty10136. Not sure if buying a serial number directly from the Origin-store is possible, but there are numerous online sellers that provide game serial numbers. I know that e.g. Amazon - at least in the past - used to sell serial numbers too, so you could either use the code yourself or give it to another person. But there are numerous other online vendors too.

Remember:

In general we strongly discourage the exchange of any personal information, even via PM. Only do that at your own risk!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2016, 15:38

It is/was my intention to open a new Origin account as I am not sure that vouchers bought in Europe are valid in other parts of the world

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Sep 2016, 22:19

Tarac wrote:It is/was my intention to open a new Origin account as I am not sure that vouchers bought in Europe are valid in other parts of the world

OK, that. But back then during the 2014 contest I bought a bunch of serial numbers for TS4 (in Europe), and the winners were spread across many continents, such as Asia and America. They all were able to redeem the codes just fine, and I doubt that anything has changed on that end, since then. It's also the reason why some folks in the US or Canada go purchase EA games from the Mexican Origin store (by means of using a VPN), and then use those codes themselves.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 06 Sep 2016, 14:46

Just for your information, you can get the game for as low as €32 from international websites that offer GLOBAL keys.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 15:19

The last couple of days I haven't seen any reaction of Kitty10136.
Is she still seriously interested or did she back out ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 06 Sep 2016, 15:55

Good question, she hasn't been online on the forum since Saturday though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Sep 2016, 10:53

Tarac wrote:It is/was my intention to open a new Origin account

I didn't think about this before, but in this particular case it actually may be a better option than giving a serial number to someone. Create a new Origin account and register that TS4 on there. Then you can provide the login-details to the user interested in undertaking the 'challenge'.

The catch is, for that to be safe you need to configure your Origin security-settings such, that a secondary password is needed in order to edit the login details. See the example screenshot from me:

TS4 Gallery Requests. [CLOSED] Screen10

Origin (tab) -> Account and Privacy -> Security -> Account Security

The first time you access that option you can create a security question (and answer to it), which will be needed anytime you want to e.g. change the password required to log into the account. The person you give the login details to cannot edit the password without knowing the security question/answer, which is going to be very crucial here. For further safety, you could use the "login verification" option, which can limit the access to the Origin account, to only "trusted devices". I myself never used it though; if you got a good & complex security answer/question that should be more than enough.

Edin probably spoke about it earlier already , but it's possible that at some point people might try snagging that free TS4 game from you @Tarac. Sure, it may be possible to 'hack' the account, but...if you really make sure the security answer is complex enough, the chances for that happening become (much) lower. 

That way, whoever you decide to give that Origin account to can freely play the game, and also use it for the Gallery-work. But that user cannot simply "dash off" with the game, as you (and only you) have the actual power to edit the login-details. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2016, 11:16

That's exactly what I had in mind, but I'm under the impression that she backed off.
My offer still stands till 11th of September.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 07 Sep 2016, 22:36

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The catch is, for that to be safe you need to configure your Origin security-settings such, that a secondary password is needed in order to edit the login details. See the example screenshot from me: (...)
Using 2FA (2-Factor Authentication) for this kind of stuff?
That's actually pretty neat, never thought of that myself. Probably because I never considered sharing an account. Razz
Thanks for... sharing! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 Sep 2016, 18:43

Tarac wrote:Correct,
People demand a lot from fora like yours and mine but when it comes to an own effort or contribution you don't hear from them anymore.

I did want to add, that I also see a psychological basis in the entire discussion: a lot of people were positively surprised that the Gallery-access was possible for a limited period of time. I personally can't blame anybody if they have gotten "used" to this former feature, and are now missing it. It's a natural human reaction to changing conditions. 

However, in that case it was just a matter of time until the workaround would be patched by EA. For some time it was at least possible to access the gallery from a cracked TS4, if the Origin account you were logged into had a legit TS4 base game. Regardless of whether you actually had that legit game installed.

But that was soon patched too. Now you really need to download/install a legit TS4 game and access the gallery from there.

Admin wrote:Using 2FA (2-Factor Authentication) for this kind of stuff?
That's actually pretty neat, never thought of that myself. Probably because I never considered sharing an account. Razz
Thanks for... sharing! Very Happy

No problem at all.  Carlos is tha man  I used to share my Origin account with someone, so I did do the above myself.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 16:46

Tarac wrote:That's exactly what I had in mind, but I'm under the impression that she backed off.
My offer still stands till 11th of September.
I'm sorry to hear that @Tarac. I was not online as I was given an impromptu vacation (1 week off from 5th August to 12th August) and I do not have an internet connection at home. I meant what I said, I am serious about doing this...or was since your offer is now invalid. If YOU are serious then we can work something out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Sep 2016, 20:30

kitty10136 wrote:I'm sorry to hear that @Tarac. I was not online as I was given an impromptu vacation (1 week off from 5th August to 12th August) and I do not have an internet connection at home. I meant what I said, I am serious about doing this...or was since your offer is now invalid. If YOU are serious then we can work something out.

Nice to hear you are still interested in doing this project. Smile  In the event Tarac's offer is indeed 'invalid'...I don't normally do this, but I could provide you with the log-in credentials of my own Origin account. You can freely use TS4 (and the other stuff), since nowadays I don't use the account myself that much anymore.

How does that sound? Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 20:36

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
kitty10136 wrote:I'm sorry to hear that @Tarac. I was not online as I was given an impromptu vacation (1 week off from 5th August to 12th August) and I do not have an internet connection at home. I meant what I said, I am serious about doing this...or was since your offer is now invalid. If YOU are serious then we can work something out.

Nice to hear you are still interested in doing this project. Smile  In the event Tarac's offer is indeed 'invalid'...I don't normally do this, but I could provide you with the log-in credentials of my own Origin account. You can freely use TS4 (and the other stuff), since nowadays I don't use the account myself that much anymore.

How does that sound? Very Happy

That sounds great. Very Happy I look forward to working for G4TW.  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Sep 2016, 20:44

kitty10136 wrote:
That sounds great. Very Happy I look forward to working for G4TW.  I tip my fedora.

The downside is, that the game (or the Origin account) is technically not yours, and on occasion I still play a few games on it. But sharing the account with one (1) person shouldn't be a big deal. Let me send you for now the details and some other information via PM.

The remaining discussion about the details of organizing such an "Exchange" can follow soon...

//EDIT

Check your PM inbox. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 10:56

The @The_gh0stm4n and I expected Tons of requests, however:

When you do not have an account on Origin you do not have access to the Gallery.
So how would you know what is on offer in the Gallery, let alone file a request for something you have never seen or of which you don't even know that it exists ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top