Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED] Empty Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2016, 15:53

hello I have this problem with my computer  it's not old but it's not new either and I packed it away because I am moving soon but after a week I unpacked it because I wanted to get alittle more work done when I put everything back together it worked fine alittle slow but after a but it was working fine I left it alone for a bit and came but I found the cable-cord had been turned off so I turned it back on but after a bit it just went into power saver mode WhatDidUJustCallMe? at first I was like ok but after trying to power it up I found it wouldn't so I tried turning it off and on then Tried unplugging everything and putting it back together again but again nothing happened it's to the point where the mouse and keyboard won't turn on  sometimes they will be on but nothing happends aswell I'm at a lost I shut it off and just left it to rest again thinking that would help but I'm scared cause maybe I broke it somehow idk I know it doesn't have a virus cause I just took it to the shop not to long ago just idk what to do anymore I looked around but still nothing.

Is there anyway to fix this

Back to top Go down

Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2016, 16:22

As soon as you apply the power (sometimes just plug it in and wait a couple of minutes) you should be able to awaken the computer.
Just give it some time to collect enough prower.

Back to top Go down

Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Computer won't wake up from power saver mode. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Oct 2016, 21:58

DJpuppyandfriends wrote:hello I have this problem with my computer  it's not old but it's not new either and I packed it away because I am moving soon but after a week I unpacked it because I wanted to get alittle more work done when I put everything back together it worked fine alittle slow but after a but it was working fine I left it alone for a bit and came but I found the cable-cord had been turned off so I turned it back on but after a bit it just went into power saver mode WhatDidUJustCallMe? at first I was like ok but after trying to power it up I found it wouldn't so I tried turning it off and on then Tried unplugging everything and putting it back together again but again nothing happened it's to the point where the mouse and keyboard won't turn on  sometimes they will be on but nothing happends aswell I'm at a lost I shut it off and just left it to rest again thinking that would help but I'm scared cause maybe I broke it somehow idk I know it doesn't have a virus cause I just took it to the shop not to long ago just idk what to do anymore I looked around but still nothing.

Is there anyway to fix this

On some (older) computers, you could also try this: with the power cord disconnected, press the ON/OFF button on your computer and hold it for a few seconds. Repeat this a few times and then plug the computer back to the power. See if it boots up. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 03 Oct 2016, 22:39

Hi there,

Just to be sure whether this is a hardware or software issue: does the PC fan spin at all when you click the ON/OFF button?
Like, does the PC show any signs of life getting electricity? (Blinking LED, spinning fan, clicking sound from the HDD, etc.)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:14

jello everybody thanks for the help I got it to work! I just left it off for a bit and went back to it and reset it it's working fine now I guess it just needed more time to rest before I turned it back on? Again thanks to everybody who helped!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Oct 2016, 00:27

DJpuppyandfriends wrote:jello everybody thanks for the help I got it to work! I just left it off for a bit and went back to it and reset it it's working fine now I guess it just needed more time to rest before I turned it back on? Again thanks to everybody who helped!

Thanks for letting us know! Very Happy  Have fun again - the topic is now closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top