Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Pets, really worth it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Pets, really worth it? Empty The Sims 3: Pets, really worth it?

Post by Admin Sat 12 Nov 2011, 23:18

Hello everyone,

So, I was just curious. Everyone was so excited for Pets to be released. Now, I'm interested in your opinion: was/is the game really worth it and is it what you had expected? Please share all your thoughts here!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Pets, really worth it? Empty Re: The Sims 3: Pets, really worth it?

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 02:11

Pets is one of the best expansions. The last two expansion packs Ambitions and Generations sucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:04

Hello,
Considering the problems everyone else is having, I can imagine a lot of people are cursing EA and their stupid pets!
But to me its a great addition to the game. I always felt that pets should be a part of a Sims life and I think it was worth the wait.
I didn't get to play a whole lot, since I spend most of my time redecorating my apartment, but so far it is all I expected it to be. With a little modding here and there, it was of course ridiculous that my pets couldn't travel abroad with my sims.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:00

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
Considering the problems everyone else is having, I can imagine a lot of people are cursing EA and their stupid pets!
But to me its a great addition to the game. I always felt that pets should be a part of a Sims life and I think it was worth the wait.
I didn't get to play a whole lot, since I spend most of my time redecorating my apartment, but so far it is all I expected it to be. With a little modding here and there, it was of course ridiculous that my pets couldn't travel abroad with my sims.

Twallan's Traveller Mod should fix the pets travelling issue. http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2032-the-traveler-version-26-updated-2011-nov-07/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 13 Nov 2011, 14:14

Yup, that's the mod I used Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 03:50

I personally love the expansion, I too have always felt the need for pets in the Sims 3. I haven't had too big of an issue with glitches,though I have had some. The mannerisms of the animals are very life like and I love the things they do when idle. The amount of customization that can go into the animals are fantastic. The only thing that I think is missing is dogs and cats only have one learn able trait which is hunting once you master that, what do you do? Pets should be able to get jobs like a police dog etc. Also I hate how only one neighbour can have animals for adoption at their house at once. Over all I love it and think it is totally worth it. That is, if you have a computer with good enough graphics to run it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 14 Nov 2011, 09:48

Oh well my specs barely meet the requirements and I guess I'm just lucky, but I haven't had any graphical issues.
I've been unable to figure out how to adopt animals from neighbourhood adoption though, my sim is friends with one of the sims who has kittens but the option to adopt one just isn't there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 17:21

I like the expansion. I've missed pets and now that they are here the game feels a little rounder.

Some things do annoy me -- the fact that cats and dogs get fleas after being outside too much. Sure, that IS normal, but there should be a flea collar reward or something like it.
Also I'd like to be able to have real neighbors adopt my puppies/kittens/foals instead of just putting them up for adoption and then disappearing. And you should be able to sell them and not just put them up for adoption. Just like with horses a well trained cat/dog or a good linage should make the puppy/kitten more valuable.
The too few skills are not really satisfying. You should be able to train you cat tricks just like your dog, also some unique ones like training it to use the toilet instead of the tray.
And there should be real contest for them, shows, where they choose the pretties, most well bread, and so one. Oh and running through those agility tracks....

I initially had graphics problems with the Pets EP. My pets had been completely distorted, but even though my graphics card seem to have been removed from the EA supported list I could fix my problem simply by getting the latest drivers. Still no fluffy animals, but at least they don't drag their jaws on the ground behind them LoL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top