Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2011, 00:12

Hi. First of al, thank you so much for all support about many games. Well now, here is my problem. I did read all the main topics about proper installing/fixing Sims 3. I downloaded all files from your source at piratebay. After installing i done everything exactly as you said and in fact, game works just perfect UNTIL i want to load my recently saved game. And here is getting stranger - when I run this game in WINDOWS 95 compatibility (couse im using Windows 7 and without it game crushes during playing) i cant load any saved games (some kind of "fatal error during loading your save" shows up). When i run game in WINDOWS 7 compatibility and try to load my saved game it runs perfectly, but after few minutes it crushes. If you have any questions or sugestions, please help.

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Dec 2011, 10:43

Hello,
There's a mod you could try, there's no guarantee that it will work but it has been known to solve these kind of errors.
Having said that, are you using any mods? There could simply be a compatibility issue so if you are using any, disable them for the moment and try loading your saved game again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "load/save error". Tried everything, please help.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2011, 11:24

Thank you for the reply. I dont use any mods, only official expansions (Pes and High End Loft Stuff). Can you tell me what is name of mod you mentioned?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Dec 2011, 13:31

Hello,
This one. I'm using it myself and it doesn't cause any problems. Read the instructions carefully.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2011, 14:29

I downloaded this mod, unpacked it, but i dont know how to install it. Im really sorry, im new in mods, can you help me? I thnk i need to copy this somewhere, but i donw know where to Sad And one more thing - i have noticed, that i have two folders named "Electronic Arts" in "My documents". Each one has different saved games in "saves" folder. I think its becouse i try to play game in different compatibility modes )wndows 7, windows 95, windows xp)... I think my problem is much complicated than i though, maybe something wrong is with my system? When i try to save and load games in standard cmpatibility mode (windows 7) it saves/loades correctly, but it crashes to desktop. That was my first problem, so i used a solution from topic called " The Sims 3 crashes / freezes to Desktop fix. *Update 22-12-2011*" and i changed all exe files compatibility to windows 95 (first step in solution). It worked, becouse i can play sims 3 now without crashng, but when i try to load (and sometimes save) my game i have "serious problem has occured with save" something... Im in dead end, really dont know what to do. Maybe this mod you use can help me, but i dont know how to apply it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:11

Hello,
It requires a framework, which is easy enough to set up, though that you have 2 electronic arts folders in your my documents complicates it. Maybe you just have to do this in both folders.
This guide explains how to set up the framework.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2011, 16:03

Thank you for help, Lady ElDi Smile Yesterday I played for a few hours and everything seems to be fine now (however, always Im saving or loading my game i feel very nervous Very Happy). Once again, thank you Wink Happy new year :]

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2011, 16:05

Hello,
I'm glad to hear that its working! To be safe, you could back up your save games after every successful save.
Happy new year to you too!

Problem solved, topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top