Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty (MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Thu 23 Mar 2017, 01:01

Hello,

I downloaded the Mac version of the sims and some expansion packs separately and I got them downloaded by following the guide I found on here. I have been trying to figure this issue out for a week and studied the forums and tried different ways but I still can not get it to work! I uninstalled and reinstalled four times with both the patch and the crack but I get the same error message every time!I am not the best with computers especially mac because I have always had a pc so I am most likely doing something wrong! I would appreciate any advice or feedback!!!

Thank you so so much,
Brie =)

Back to top Go down

(MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: (MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Phoebe Tue 02 May 2017, 11:23

Hello,

I am sorry for the late reply but now I am here and I will try to help you. Please apply every step really carefully.

First, just decide which expansion/stuff packs you want to have. If you want most of the EPs (expansion packs) then I'd advise you to download "The Sim 3 Complete Collection" from our download page.

After downloading, now you need to create .dmg files with the steps below:

1. You need to use StuffIt Expander to unzip the files you have downloaded. You can get it free from here.

After that, please follow this guide form PART 2 for creating .dmgs :

Please apply all the steps carefully.

Then when you're done with creating .dmgs, just install the games by clicking over .dmg files you've created. Installation process is the same for every game so keep it done until you install every expansion pack.

Then, update your game manually by using this patch.

After that, go to this post to get Ultimate Fix (for MAC) and download it.

Extract the . rar file and go to “All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and copy both files then go to: 
the Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: 
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. 

Now open the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. 

Please let me know the result.

Happy Simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

(MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: (MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Mon 15 May 2017, 04:15

so im having the same problem as above and this is the error im getting.

Ive done exactly everything as said. 

ive heard of people uninstalling everything and reinstalling a mac os basegame and just downloading the expansions offered here And that fixes the problem.

i bypassed the launcher aswell with no luck

(MAC) 2017 Sims 3 help! (Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 15:45

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I think it's because  I have the version of the base game that is split into two ios files. I converted the files into a DMG as instructed in in the instillation guide for the mac. could someone please link me to a better version of the base game? thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top