Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just in case anyone is tired of waiting, there's a flash sale going on!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just in case anyone is tired of waiting, there's a flash sale going on! Empty Just in case anyone is tired of waiting, there's a flash sale going on!

Post by Guest Mon 01 May 2017, 05:06

If this isn't allowed, just let me know & I'll edit or remove. But, I've grown tired of waiting and Edin made a spectacular point to me earlier that we'll likely be in this waiting stage again. All day I've been browsing third party sites as recommended & decided to compare prices between them and Origin. 

Long story short, with Origin's current "flash sale" if you're wanting to buy everything, it's about a 10-15 USD difference between Origin and the third party sites (and that's if you get the Deluxe Edition through Origin. If you want regular, the price is only a few dollars of a difference.)

Anyway, I know some of you mentioned being frustrated with not being able to use the most recent custom content that's been made for the game, so I thought I would drop a note here! I absolutely despise EA, however, this is the first time I've actually been up to date with pirating and whatnot. Usually, I'm several months behind and never have to wait for the next update. So if you have the cash to spare, there ya go. Haha.

Anyways, thanks for your help on some of my questions from earlier, Edin! x

Back to top Go down

Just in case anyone is tired of waiting, there's a flash sale going on! Empty Re: Just in case anyone is tired of waiting, there's a flash sale going on!

Post by Guest Mon 01 May 2017, 11:01

Just bear in mind that buying f.e. Vampires will only work when you also have a bought base game.
You cannot combine legit and pirated DLC's.
In that case you can only play the 2 different games in 2 different directories.
Example: Base game (+ bought DLC's) is version 1.29, pirated games are still version 1.25 which will clash in your storyprogression and creating error messages "unable to start the game, higher version, update via Origin"
Toddlers do not appear in your pirated game and when such a game is saved, these particular toddlers are also no longer in your bought game.
There are, rather complicated, solutions like playing versions in different languages or creating new user-accounts in Windows, or constantly renaming your storyprogression folders in Documents\Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top